• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Sephzilla's watch is broken.
8rcGA32.jpg

I may have been worked Dream, but it's a shitty work that has me hot at the company, and not wanting to come back and pay more money. Is that successful?

dream

Friend dream, I want to ask you a question since you seem to have a sharp mind for the business. What would make someone irratated or angry about a champion coming out first in a match? Hopefully you can explain it, because it seems the rest of WrestlingGAF cannot.

No idea. Walking out first just means you have top billing.

Just re-watched Bayley/Sasha at Brooklyn I.

Sa gud.

Aside from some usual Sasha nitpicks I have, and of course, the post match congrats.

I guess I'll just have to accept that Triple H is going to make everyone do a curtain call type celebration in his promotion because he can't get over it decades later? I don't know.

klonere

Banned
RPW

Vader winning is fucking awful but putting Dunne over as number 1 heel is probably the best they coulda done with that situation. Shoulda listened to the AIW guys!

I'm totally fine with there being no Showcase Mode this year. Showcase Mode forces you to wrestle each match a very specific way and usually with the same Superstar for lots of matches. I never play through them more than once, and it's just a roadblock between you & the unlockable Superstars. If the graphics were WAY BETTER it'd be fun to see those historic moments modeled & playable but as it is, it's just shiny action figures.

On second thought, if they're not going to improve the graphics maybe they should just change all of the character models to action figures and a toy ring play set. Like a wrestling "Toy Soldiers" or something.

What they should have done was give us some "What Ifs" like an alternate Monday Night Wars storyline that has guys jumping ship from one promotion to the next and have ECW act as some renegade promotion.

Fox318

Vader used Twitter to shoot himself into a work and get his heat back to where he is somebody people want to see.

Now that's a carney

Kaladin

Seriously guys, I would not be shocked if they announced Vader vs Ospreay II for Mania weekend which Rev Pro is running this year.

korly

What they should have done was give us some "What Ifs" like an alternate Monday Night Wars storyline that has guys jumping ship from one promotion to the next and have ECW act as some renegade promotion.

I don't trust Yukes/2K to book Shawn Michaels in WCW but if they get the right guy to write this thing it's a glorious idea.

Especially given Ricochet ran in (oh yeah, did I mention Vader essentially went over both floppy dudes), Vader Dunne vs Ospreay Ricochet makes sense. But who would want to watch that?

https://youtu.be/i0yN0dGNfwk

Imagine if Vince had a segment this hot today what's the entire crowd gets involved throwing chairs and shit. I don't even know who will I don't even know if you can generate this kind of heat in America today. Closest we could've had was probably ONS 06.

Especially given Ricochet ran in (oh yeah, did I mention Vader essentially went over both floppy dudes), Vader Dunne vs Ospreay Ricochet makes sense. But who would want to watch that?

Ospreay sat down in the ring and dropped a "pipe bomb" after Vader left, saying he's the evolution of wrestling and to get used to it.

We thought there may be a turn setting up Ospreay v Ricochet but that never materialised.

Hero v Scurll motn

The mic was really bad couldn't hardly hear a word anyone said.

That was my first time there, would definitely go again!

Kaladin

I don't see how that GIF applies to this situation.

You obviously enjoy something about this company to have paid money to go see it. So you allowed yourself to get worked when your favorite doesn't win and walk out on the rest of the card? You played yourself.

And in the case you were there to just see the culmination of a twitter feud, you still played yourself.

Syder

Can you imagine if Seth brought the white gear back to fight the Demon?
I have a feeling the new gear is going to turn from shiny silver to shiny gold when he gets a belt. White would also be appreciated.
San... ARON REX's promo on Impact was pretty good. Cool to hear him talking without a gimmick, he definitely has "it."
Aron Rex is a dumb name though. He actually looks good with just stubble so I don't understand why he didn't shave during the Mizdow gimmick, he's definitely a handsome guy. If he'd gotten 'swole' WWE would have taken more notice of him.

RBH

CprENdFXYAAFtzR.jpg

“Now fans can get an inside look at the impact these and the other ladies making an impact in WWE 24: Women’s Revolution, airing immediately follow Talking Smack Tuesday, Aug. 16, at 10:30ET on WWE Network. From female talent of the past to NXT and beyond, the episode of this documentary-style series will be a celebration of how far women’s wrestling has come."
http://www.channelguidemag.com/tv-news/2016/08/12/becky-lynch/

Top Bottom