• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Aiii

So not worth it
Wow Dixie is being replaced, huh? That sure took them long enough. It only took the company losing all of their standing and TV deals.

#DPostsAboutVaderVsOspreay

I very much enjoyed Dunne vs Ricochet but the crowd didn't really care at all, bar one or two of Ricochet's signature spots.

korly

In turn, WWE 2K17 will deliver a brand new Promo Engine that lets the WWE Superstars express their thoughts and emotions to the WWE Universe and one another. The Promo Engine creates a new dynamic and brings the experience closer to the actual WWE than ever before.

Please let that mean procedurally generated interviews or something. Like a "Ric Flair Promo" Twitter bot or something.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Smackdown games have always played like trash. Now WWE 2Kwhatever games are buggy, ugly looking compared to contemporary games, and play like trash.

Even the Smackdown games people like are mainly because they have one good feature/an amazing roster like the first few sequels.

oddjobs

thoughts on G1 B block final day tomorrow:

the order of the matches makes me think Naito is not winning. if he wins his match with Omega then the main event Shibata vs EVIL would be useless. and if he loses against Omega, then that means he has no chance of winning the block.

If Shibata loses, Elgin wins and Naito loses then they've got three guys tied at 12 with each having a win over one the others, probably causing a three-way for the final place or even a four way for winning G1 (unlikely)

If Shibata wins there's 4 guys at 12, but then it gets kind of muddy as to what happens next

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If Shibata loses, Elgin wins and Naito loses then they've got three guys tied at 12 with each having a win over one the others, probably causing a three-way for the final place or even a four way for winning G1 (unlikely)

If Shibata wins there's 4 guys at 12, but then it gets kind of muddy as to what happens next

A Gaijin in every corner match?

#DPostsAboutVaderVsOspreay

Intentionally or not, Cobb got so over that a crowd that was 100% Sabre at the start was unanimously booing the fuck out of Sabre by the end.

Ospreay Vader is next god help me

Kaladin

It really depends on what happens after season 3.

I love how he capitalized on the popularity he gained as Matanza and started taking higher profile bookings himself. I hadn't really heard of the guy before Matanza, but now he's all over the place.

korly

I'm totally fine with there being no Showcase Mode this year. Showcase Mode forces you to wrestle each match a very specific way and usually with the same Superstar for lots of matches. I never play through them more than once, and it's just a roadblock between you & the unlockable Superstars. If the graphics were WAY BETTER it'd be fun to see those historic moments modeled & playable but as it is, it's just shiny action figures.

On second thought, if they're not going to improve the graphics maybe they should just change all of the character models to action figures and a toy ring play set. Like a wrestling "Toy Soldiers" or something.

I'm totally fine with there being no Showcase Mode this year. Showcase Mode forces you to wrestle each match a very specific way and usually with the same Superstar for lots of matches. I never play through them more than once, and it's just a roadblock between you & the unlockable Superstars. If the graphics were WAY BETTER it'd be fun to see those historic moments modeled & playable but as it is, it's just shiny action figures.

On second thought, if they're not going to improve the graphics maybe they should just change all of the character models to action figures and a toy ring play set. Like a wrestling "Toy Soldiers" or something.

Action League Now?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Almost every wrestler I've ever heard talk politics is Republican or libertarian, so I just assume they all are.

They're all rich dudes who work for a company that has the Republican candidate for President in their hall of fame, what do you think

Kaladin

I've never really watched it. The concept seems cool, but it's kinda like whatever in getting around to it.

I'm curious though because Enzo and Cass are featured this week.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Dude worked everyone in wrestling to even get that match, much less go over; give the man some credit.

dream

Also, think about the fact that 61 year old BVV got FlammableD, who is not an uneducated fan, so heated that FlammableD had to leave the building to cool down. That's stellar heel work, friends, the likes of which we don't see in today's soft ass wrestling.

This week's TNA Impact Wrestling episode, a live episode with Damien Sandow's debut as Aron Rex, drew 315,000 viewers.

This is down a bit from last week's 317,000 viewers.

This week's show ranked #115 on the Cable Top 150, up from last week's #129.

Angry Grimace

Everyone scoffs at the WWE idea that wins and losses don't matter, but on the indies, they actually don't, right?

Also, think about the fact that 61 year old BVV got FlammableD, who is not an uneducated fan, so heated that FlammableD had to leave the building to cool down. That's stellar heel work, friends, the likes of which we don't see in today's soft ass wrestling.

Friend dream, I want to ask you a question since you seem to have a sharp mind for the business. What would make someone irratated or angry about a champion coming out first in a match? Hopefully you can explain it, because it seems the rest of WrestlingGAF cannot.

Top Bottom