• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Finally back home after a three-week trip and I'm catching up on Talking Smack...

Daniel Bryan stays being one of the best in the company. God bless him.

giphy.gif

You obviously enjoy something about this company to have paid money to go see it. So you allowed yourself to get worked when your favorite doesn't win and walk out on the rest of the card? You played yourself.

And in the case you were there to just see the culmination of a twitter feud, you still played yourself.

It was the end of the card, I paid to see the rest of the card, and I did, with the expectation that they wouldn't have been dumb enough to book this main event match with the "out of touch old guy" being vindicated.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Nothing is more evident of that than the wackyline. The first couple times he did it it looked alright. Now he just looks like he's parodying himself when he does it.
Only time Dean really woke up was when Austin told him he was coasting.

I haven't watched wrestling in about a month (since the live draft) but i'm disappointed that there's no shitty Lucha Thing shirt on wweshop.com

Has the draft had a positive effect on the shows?

It's a coin toss to be honest

Also, Finn's winning at Summerslam. They can't not have him win at this point. Gotta go all the way with it. And people will ask 'why is he different from Reigns?' He's a long-time vet, and he paid well more than his dues in NXT.

Honestly, if they wanted to build Finn into a big match doing it for Summer Slam is kind of dumb IMO. The only big PPV after that will be Survivor Series and that's fuck all now anyway. Saving his run at Rollins for Rumble -> Mania would have made much more sense and given more time for things to develop more. But then again, with PPV's every friggin 3 weeks there is no room to breath and develop, just churn and burn.

The Demon thing would be better if there was more to it, like if he wrestled differently, was more aggressive, had a different, more violent looking finisher or something but it's just Finn in some paint, it doesn't even work as a mind game intimidation thing because of that and well because it's 2016, not 1986 and he's not a very big dude to begin with. I guess maybe he's harder to beat but considering how frequently WWE does false finishes off a finish these days that doesn't mean much either.

I miss when he did something different with it before NXT.

He does do a few things differently, like his stance when he walks around the ring with his arms straight down. I know what toy mean though.

miserable

so people say Bryan is so great on Talking Smack, I decide to check the show out and one of the first things he says is "The Usos have been the standard in the tag division in the last couple of years"...

Kurita

so people say Bryan is so great on Talking Smack, I decide to check the show out and one of the first things he says is "The Usos have been the standard in the tag division in the last couple of years"...
I mean, I know they fucking suck but in kayfabe they've been one of the top teams since the division was abysmal.

KingBroly

Banned
Honestly, if they wanted to build Finn into a big match doing it for Summer Slam is kind of dumb IMO. The only big PPV after that will be Survivor Series and that's fuck all now anyway. Saving his run at Rollins for Rumble -> Mania would have made much more sense and given more time for things to develop more. But then again, with PPV's every friggin 3 weeks there is no room to breath and develop, just churn and burn.

I think the Raw turnaround is 4 weeks.

Striker

Not necessarily. They need new stars fast and it is the quickest way to do so. A moon push is what he's getting, as Lesnar did directly after his debut.

Raw64life

Wasn't expecting that G1 B block result.

No gaijin has ever won the G1, but I'm down for a Okada/Omega WK feud.

But I can also seem them going with a CHAOS implodes Goto/Okada feud since they were gonna do that with Nakamura/Okada for WK11 until he left. Would certainly be a feel good story for Goto after a million IWGP title match losses.

Next fall. We also should be getting Rusev since Lana's a cast member and also the Miz as Maryse got added too.

Show redeemed after the kind of middling last one.

hyped for rusev and miz/maryse. i'm going back in on the show.

did they bring back the uso/naomi pair too? usos suck ass in wrestling but man jimmy uso is a fun dude.

hyped for rusev and miz/maryse. i'm going back in on the show.

did they bring back the uso/naomi pair too? usos suck ass in wrestling but man jimmy uso is a fun dude.
Yeah, Jimmy's great on the show. The Usos come off as likable people outside the ring overall. Naomi wasn't main cast for the latest season since she got replaced by a developmental wrestler but she's being brought back for the next one. Which is good, since she's likable enough on it.

Tagyhag

Demon Balor is corny as shit and a complete waste. Should have left it in NXT. But I'm guessing kids love it so whatevz.

It's sad because it's such a missed opportunity.

A better wrestler would use a completely new and more agressive moveset to show why exactly the demon form should be feared.

Finn can't even do a fucking new finisher.

It's sad because it's such a missed opportunity.

A better wrestler would use a completely new and more agressive moveset to show why exactly the demon form should be feared.

Finn can't even do a fucking new finisher.
Yeah, my main issue with Demon Balor is the fact he doesn't change his moves at all.

But the Demon has a certain advantage the WWE wish to use.

bfe4938ad0693e2174b906ee386d1a4a.gif

Anth0ny

i don't mind the demon thing

but the idea that a wrestler is only kinda trying in some matches

but then puts on make up and is 100% trying

is some duuuuuuuuuumb shit

Well see what you'd need is for the demon Finn to actually be significantly different in a way that makes him fight more aggressive, more dirty and potentially going off the rails in a way that normal Finn would find shame in thus the idea of having to give in to "the demon" isn't his mode for 100% trying but his desperation mode for the biggest challengers and has risk as opposed to being his win button.
Thus normal Finn still gets to be potent, Demon Finn is like....some shonen anime power up like Naruto nine tailed fox silliness in wrasslin' which is already silly anyway
And that would still be better than current "applies paint, still just dropkicks and stomps" because it looks cool.

For what it's worth I do actually like the Demon look, there's just not much Demon about the gimmick. Genuinely he could learn from Kane, alas they are on different shows.

Zach

I don't think that's true if you think of it like The Demon is a dark, ugly part of Finn that he has to use in moderation or else it will destroooy hiiim. Or whatever. I dunno. Suspend your disbelief for once, you jerks.

I don't think that's true if you think of it like The Demon is a dark, ugly part of Finn that he has to use in moderation or else it will destroooy hiiim. Or whatever. I dunno. Suspend your disbelief for once, you jerks.
Most people here think it's not cool to suspend your beliefs anymore. Everyone is angry and stuck up, try to enjoy things for what they are for once.

Top Bottom