• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Sephzilla

Sometimes I think this thread is a lot more friendly and inviting when we aren't talking about WWE, because then it's usually just playful jabs at each other (like I do to Menome about Battleborne)

Menome

#i'mwithmenome

giphy.gif

Zach

I'm saying nothing new but I would die if WWE took their promotion even half as seriously as NJ when it comes to presentation. The photographers on the ring, the medics rushing in ice packs when the match is over, the UFC style interviews with cameras flashing off. I'm hypnotized friends.

That sounds like my type of presentation. One of these days I'll be cool and watch New Japan instead of WWE/NXT/WWF/WCW/ECW.

Jamie OD

I'm saying nothing new but I would die if WWE took their promotion even half as seriously as NJ when it comes to presentation. The photographers on the ring, the medics rushing in ice packs when the match is over, the UFC style interviews with cameras flashing off. I'm hypnotized friends.

Watch the Cruiserweight Classic if you haven't already.

I still have Ratchet and Clank, Dark Sols 3 and Overwatch I need to play. Nothing for now stands out as GOTY yet except for maybe INSIDE. I think Horizon 3 and Gravity Rush 2 will land somewhere as my favorite experiences. Been kind of a okay year. The best game ive played this year by far was Bloodborne but that wasnt released this year obviously.

The Bloodborne DLC was fantastic. DSIII was great but not quite up there with Bloodborne + the expansion. That said, isn't there a DSIII season pass? Shouldn't some more content be due?

Have you played Doom Groove? You really should if not.

Kurita

Watching NJPW is an experience.
It's like, cartoonish and super serious at the same time. I don't know how to describe it. It's the perfect balance between dudes being super into their thing, with the crowd eating it up and loving every second of it, cheering and taking it seriously while keeping the carny in all this. It's fascinating. It feels so real while being fake.

Former WWE Superstar CM Punk spoke with Peter Rosenberg of Hot 97 on Monday to promote the premiere of “Evolution of Punk,” a documentary series on Fox Sports 1 looking at his journey to his UFC debut at next month’s UFC 203 PPV.

Rosenberg asked Punk what he thought about Conor McGregor talking trash about WWE Superstars. Punk says he hasn’t really been following it too closely. Knowing the WWE locker room, is there anybody Punk thinks that Conor McGregor shouldn’t mess with? Punk said there’s some tough guys in wrestling. Rosenberg asked if you have to be tough in the WWE locker room and Punk said, “Not anymore.” It’s a different world and a different business from even the time that he worked there.

The thing that shocked Punk the most about the Conor McGregor situation was the number of WWE personalities who got worked and should have known better. He said it’s embarrassing to be fighting on social media.

Elaborating on what was different about WWE when he was first coming up, Punk said there were far more main event caliber performers, including Shawn Michaels, Ric Flair, The Undertaker, Batista, Edge, Chris Benoit and The Hardy Boyz.

Despite the success he achieved in WWE not just in the ring but on the microphone, Punk said he does not miss cutting promos in front of millions of people and isn’t even sure if he could do it anymore.

He loves training for his UFC debut and will probably take a vacation after his fight next month. Punk said his wife AJ isn’t freaked out about him stepping in the cage, she just doesn’t like that he’s not around every day.

http://www.sescoops.com/cm-punk-wwe...s-got-worked-by-responding-to-conor-mcgregor/

I forgot to mention but Wine and Blood (Witcher 3) DLC is by far my favorite newly released experience this year. Forgot to mention that somehow.

I did; I liked it a lot but burned myself out on it BAD after going through every collectible during my second playthrough. Still have fond memories of it and that soundtrack is godly.

That reminds me, I'm one demon headstomp and one ultra nightmare first mission away from the platinum. I should have another crack at that.

Menome

Also: Jesus Christ, the mic audio is awful on WCPW this week. There's an Aron Stevens/Rex promo going on and I can barely hear it.

TLF - Money in the Bank 2011 (Part 1) https://soundcloud.com/thelapsedfan/ep-101-wwes-money-in-the-bank-2011-part-1

Agreed, but one part Al and three parts turd wrasslers a great match does not make. Blackman especially seems to have a rose tinted glasses thing going on.
Part 1! Wtf?

Blackman was better suited for the Hardcore silent assassin role. When they started saying, "he needs a gimmick, he's boring," they started exposing shit. While he was no Hakushi skill wise, his character was basically Hakushi black

Part 1! Wtf?

Blackman was better suited for the Hardcore silent assassin role. When they started saying, "he needs a gimmick, he's boring," they started exposing shit. While he was no Hakushi skill wise, his character was basically Hakushi black

I found the kayfabe a bit hard to swallow when he first turned up. There was no way this tit in his black trousers was the kind of threat Shamrock and Severn were.

Part 2 hasn't turned up yet. Worth a listen for Jack reading through the pipe bomb while Lapsed Vince responds.

Hit man is my GOTY, follwed by overwatch

I'm struggling with Hitman. I have moments where I love it but generally I find it too clunky and unpolished.

Barrage

Punk has always been a hyprocrite. That tweet comment is hilatious coming from him.

I really do hope he stretches out his MMA fantasy just long enough to never come back.

Top Bottom