• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Bert409

Could someone explain to me what's the point of watching three long hours of Raw when you can just go on YouTube the next day to pick & choose all the good stuff?

Kaladin

I actually had a challenging match in 2k16 yesterday. Put JeriKO up against New Day for New Day's tag belts. I play on the hardest difficulty with slow momentum and it is very challenging.

Took me several tries to get the belts on JeriKO. I finally beat them with a double team move that had KO doing a powerbomb while Jericho did a flippy dive of some kind.

Zach

I already know I'm getting the NXT version for my birthday as I've been told not to buy it (I wasn't intending to). I'm just going to stream the shit out of it so I can talk to myself even though no-one will watch.

I'll watch if you properly advertise on WrassleGAF.

Playing 2k16 on two-player has lead to some really great matches for me. Also some fun glitches like this one time Macho Man's torso did a 180 like a toy you can twist.

I already know I'm getting the NXT version for my birthday as I've been told not to buy it (I wasn't intending to). I'm just going to stream the shit out of it so I can talk to myself even though no-one will watch.
At least you know you're crazy. I'll be handing Kaladin a Smackdown with the lowest rated person on the roster.

Sephzilla

Is 2k going to be good this year?

wyXiGoG.gif

Saw that IGN article about 2K17. Restricting how you can set up the ladder is one example of how I fucking hate this simulation-based gameplay. I used to have fun with these games because of the goofy shit and fast-paced gameplay. Now I get the most entertainment out of watching glitch montages on Youtube.

Menome

Could someone explain to me what's the point of watching three long hours of Raw when you can just go on YouTube the next day to pick & choose all the good stuff?

Well, it's 2h15m without the adverts and I usually stick it on a tablet to play next to the TV whilst I'm playing a game.

Hasney

I'll watch if you properly advertise on WrassleGAF.

I'll make sure to. I'm practicing with a David Cage game right now, which no-one in their right mind would ever watch.

At least you know you're crazy. I'll be handing Kaladin a Smackdown with the lowest rated person on the roster.

Oh I'm totally crazy. After the brand split, I felt like I enjoyed WWE again so I thought "2k16 can't be as bad as I remember it". I did all the rosters accurate to the split, downloaded new arenas and logos... Played one match and turned it off.

Kaladin

So I just read something about Final Fantasy XV that might make me cancel the pre-order.....

I didn't feel the impact of the game's weird new level-up system, which makes players wait for their level-up bonuses until they get to a campsite and rest. At that time, players chow down on whatever food they choose, and different food recipes result in different level-up perks being added on top of the default boosts. (A bowl of ramen may add a few more points to the team's "luck" stat, for example.) Should players want to fake like Gordon Ramsay, they'll want to find enemies that cough up rare meats and ingredient types upon dying, not to mention needing to find far-out towns and treasures that include rare, extra-potent recipes.

So hold on a minute.....after I've earned a level up, I have to find new recipes and ingredients to level up certain stats and create the character I want? That sounds like a needless complication when you already have a deep skill tree with these games that makes it difficult enough to create the perfect character.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That's Data West.

I'll take a bet on it. No way he goes to NXT. The guy will be negotiating from a place of strength. I do agree he will eventually find his way to WWE in a year or two year timeframe.

Didn't he cut a promo after G1 straight up saying he wasn't leaving? It's not like WWE is going to pay Kenny Omega all that much more than he's making in Japan. I don't think Omega has any real incentive to go to WWE. At least not now. They've made it pretty clear they'll sign 35-37 year old dudes who make a big enough splash, so even if he really wanted to leave he's still only 32.

Hearing those new features for the next wrasslin' game like fixed ladder placements and forced roll out of the ring mechanic for multi man matches, by the gods between these and the ever popular story mode matches that have scripted finishes this series has embraced the worst of modern gaming.
I'd make a joke about QTE cinematic wrestling but then remembered legends of Wrestlemania was basically that.

They call him Konsistent Kane.

http://i.imgur.com/JBDXqw7l.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dead man walking indeed.

I checked previous years and they went up a couple days before.

I always thought a week before is the earliest it can go up? I know Gaming Discussion they have to go up day of.

I was going to do a Takeover Brooklyn II OT tonight :(

EDIT: Speaking of...

NXT Takeover: Brooklyn II [OT]: The Crowning of the God King

Balor's headgear has always been silly. The tassles are there because the demon look is a direct knock-off of his Carnage cosplay and they're supposed to represent tendrils. He needs to ditch it and get a tassled jacket, or work on his classic Warrior tassles game. I expected to never see it again after the demon debut. In fact, I expected the look to vary every time he did it, instead of riffing on the red theme with crap dreads.

I particularly disliked his Takeover Texas outfit, that had so much wasted potential with the Leatherface theme. And yes, the Demon moveset needs to be different. Like the Liger Kishin gimmick.

I agree re: Omega and NXT. He's a star, and once Nak America and Joey Samoey have gone to the main roster, NXT will be crying out for a headliner. Plus Omega gets these gimmicks in the mail called bills.

RE: The championship of the universe - will we finally get the winged eagle back??
Obviously will be a palette swap of the current shitty logo belts

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Y'all are messed up, Blacklist was a delight.

That said LOL Splinter Cell has always been a poor man's MGS, just with a story that makes sense and nothing in the story that makes you hate playing kideo games.

I guess it's a better MGS

Y'all are messed up, Blacklist was a delight.

That said LOL Splinter Cell has always been a poor man's MGS, just with a story that makes sense and nothing in the story that makes you hate playing kideo games.

I guess it's a better MGS

What I liked about the games is technically is it always seems to push the game system to its max.

13.jpg

Top Bottom