• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Caderfix

Splinter Cell's stealth mechanics absolutely shit all over Metal Gear's mechanics though

As far as I know, you can't walk around disguised as a box, which makes it a clean sweep to MGS.
I don't know whether or not that is true, the last SC I've played was CT on my PS2

jmdajr

Yeah I love me some Metal Gear as well
well, maybe except 5
but the stealth stuff is really baby shit compared to Splinter Cell.
I bought peace walker or whatever the fuck it's called on psp and man...shit was unplayable. I gave up.

At least it got a rerelease.

Sephzilla

The best Metal Gear game in the last 2 console generations isn't even a stealth game

GbHPgvy.gif

Crazy anime shit Metal Gear is the superior Metal Gear

I beat Doom's campaign yesterday, my body wasn't prepared for an actually awesome modern day FPS campaign, I'm still shook.

The best Metal Gear game in the last 2 console generations isn't even a stealth game

GbHPgvy.gif

Crazy anime shit Metal Gear is the superior Metal Gear
It certainly is, though topping MGS4 is piss easy, I think Acid on PSP probably bested 4.
Twin Snakes >>> MGS1

Twin snakes has Snake side somersaulting over a door frame, it's no contest really.
....oh and it has a hidden way to streamline the game's worst section with the keycard temperature filler.

Iceman829

Is anyone here going to NXT Takeover Brooklyn this weekend? I was wondering what time the doors are opening up. I'm meeting up with a few friends and we are trying to plan what time to grab food before it opens.

Hasney

Yeah this has been a good year for kideos. Not sure if anything is knocking Doom out of my #1 spot though

Honestly don't know what my GOTY so far is. No Man's Sky is up there, but there's a few games people have mentioned that I forgot were even this year.

#FE was damn good too.

Sephzilla

Honestly don't know what my GOTY so far is. No Man's Sky is up there, but there's a few games people have mentioned that I forgot were even this year.

#FE was damn good too.

It's still Doom or Dark Souls 3 for me.
Rocket League might also time travel to 2016 with a DeLorean and steal the award

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
UFC this weekend, gonna be good seeing that piece of trash that is a disgrace to my heritage get eaten again by Diaz.

Menome

Sons of Liberty and Snake Eater are the best games.

Sons of Liberty is pure booty from a gameplay perspective. Absolutely loathe it, which is a shame because the out-there story and characters were the parts I really liked.

As for top games so far this year, in no particular order:

• Rise of the Tomb Raider (PC)
  • Battleborn
  • Pony Island
  • Layers of Fear
  • Dark Souls III
  • Street Fighter V
  • The Witness

Just playing Reigns at the moment and have Oxenfree lined up.

EDIT: I'll grab Inside when I either get a job or it goes on sale. Can't justify the price for such a short experience with no money.

Sephzilla

You misspelled Overwatch, Menome

INSIDE and The Witness are my two favorite games this year. I'm hoping for a Last Guardian Miracle, though.

Last Guardian is a game I'm going to buy and like, but hot damn I'm pretty sure it's going to disappoint a lot of people

Zach

Last Guardian is a game I'm going to buy and like, but hot damn I'm pretty sure it's going to disappoint a lot of people

Yeah, I'm not worried about that. I'm really excited to play it, but my expectations are low. I won't be surprised if it's kinda crappy or AMAZING. Worth the day one gamble for me, though.

Oh, and I'm really looking forward to Mafia III.

Last Guardian isn't going to be any good at all. It's going to be another No Man's Sky-styled hype event, except it'll be worse because the game will be uglier.
Just playing Reigns at the moment and have Oxenfree lined up.

Glad to have you back on the Roman War Wagon, friend.

Yeah this has been a good year for kideos. Not sure if anything is knocking Doom out of my #1 spot though

Doom was fucking fantastic. So much fun. My GOTY as well, and I never expected that to be the case with the pre-release signals suggesting a turd.

I'm excited for Deus Ex next week, even though I couldn't get into the last one. Once Deus Ex drops, the kideo slate is completely stacked for the rest of the year. Wallet am cry etc.

Absolutely no danger of buying WWE 2K17 though.

Sephzilla

With UFC being this weekend I should probably talk to the cable company about getting cable again, since NFL season is around the corner

I'm saying nothing new but I would die if WWE took their promotion even half as seriously as NJ when it comes to presentation. The photographers on the ring, the medics rushing in ice packs when the match is over, the UFC style interviews with cameras flashing off. I'm hypnotized friends.

Top Bottom