• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

I wonder if WWE is in a panick. How many of them do you think is on that? They can only only suspend so many people at once.

They'll quickly make a third brand called the Penalty Box where all the violators go to wrestle in meaningless matches each and every week!
Wait, that last bit isn't anything new.

Brock looks like a genious making himself a part timer
What's a Genious? I'm confused

Didn't think about that. Yeah, it can't be her. Could be Asuka, but I doubt it. In all likelihood, the match will just be cancelled.

Brock isn't as much a genius as he is just in a way better position to negotiate than anyone else not named Dwayne Johnson.
If it's Asuka, the entire SD divas division is buried on site lol!

I wonder if WWE is in a panick. How many of them do you think is on that? They can only only suspend so many people at once.
Ryan Satin teeeted this yesterday, which leads me to believe there are more

https://mobile.twitter.com/ryansatin/status/766039774444392449

Barrage

Isn't it policy that if someone fails a wellness test they can still have them fulfill commitments before suspending them?

No. It's that if yo go through rehabillitation you can get your second Strike removed.

Otherwise known as the Randy Orton rule, it's to prevent third strikes (which are termination).

notworksafe

Bayley loses Saturday. Bayley debuts Sunday. The only problem is you want Bayley's full debut to be a bit bigger than a six person match probably on the pre-show.

They might just can the match considering it was probably a pre-show filler anyways.

Yeah, that'd be a bummer for the SD women. Even a shitty multi-woman match is still a match. Also two hours is a lot of time to fill if WWE doesn't have a preshow match.

No. It's that if yo go through rehabillitation you can get your second Strike removed.

Otherwise known as the Randy Orton rule, it's to prevent third strikes (which are termination).

Yeah. Occasionally they can decide whether to punish you immediately or not (example: Reigns knew about his suspension for weeks, it didn't happen until after that one Raw, and Del Rio and Paige's suspensions were "announced" yesterday but didn't take effect until today)

That's gotta suck going into Vince's office and showing him the list.
"Ummm, Mr. McMahon..."
tumblr_msg105sLrI1s83ffjo1_400.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah, that'd be a bummer for the SD women. Even a shitty multi-woman match is still a match. Also two hours is a lot of time to fill if WWE doesn't have a preshow match.

I feel like there will a random Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin or something ridiculous like that match that just shows up on Thursday

oddjobs

I guess WWE felt they had to show they were making an effort with the wellness policy after Brock getting busted by USADA and not WWE.

I wonder who else will end up getting popped.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I feel like there will a random Sami Zayn vs. Baron Corbin or something ridiculous like that match that just shows up on Thursday
Wonder if this is why Sami isn't booked on Summerslam... Makes you think.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Who would be the most shocking wellness violator? Bayley?

Sami Zayn or Bayley. Zayn less so because he's still slowly rehabbing the shoulder injury and lots of mostly-innocuous stuff is banned by the Wellness Policy.

Cagey

Banned
Eva Marie didn't get suspended because WWE is working us with fake suspensions.

Eva Marie got suspended to keep the gimmick alive by intentionally doping and triggering a positive result.

She lives and breathes kayfabe.

God she's so great.

Yeah, it's just wishful thinking. Nikki probably isn't returning until after Backlash. Odds are the match gets cancelled. If I could dream, they'd draft Summer Rae randomly and have her fight for them because she's not gonna get a story on Raw for another five years probably.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dave says these three are it for now, nothing else coming

somedevil

If they want to replace Eva for one night put a red wig on Mandy Rose and let it be part of the gimmick that she never going to wrestle by her using a replacement to avoid the match.

Angry Grimace

Eva Marie didn't get suspended because WWE is working us with fake suspensions.

Eva Marie got suspended to keep the gimmick alive by intentionally doping and triggering a positive result.

She lives and breathes kayfabe.

God she's so great.

how deep does this work go

Top Bottom