• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Isn't the conventional wisdom that smart money is basically meaningless until a few hours before showtime?

It's not meaningless, but it does mean way more if it happens the day of given how often plans change. A shift as big as this match had is something to pay attention to though. No line moves that much unless someone knows something.

Its to early for smart money. That doesn't come in until the day of the show. Plus I wonder if Sasha's tweet got some people nervous.

Smart money can come in at any time. As soon as a plan is made, someone who knows can go bet. Odds just aren't as reliable until the day of the show because Vince changes things constantly. I don't think a shift that big happens unless someone is mighty confident in that result.

It's not meaningless, but it does mean way more if it happens the day of given how often plans change. A shift as big as this match had is something to pay attention to though. No line moves that much unless someone knows something.

Yeah. It's too early for the surest bets, but the fact that a sure bet as high as that one lead completely shifted over to the other side is in no way coincidental.

Cp8AEgTWEAA1A91.jpg
This is hilarious

somedevil

Smart money can come in at any time. As soon as a plan is made, someone who knows can go bet. Odds just aren't as reliable until the day of the show because Vince changes things constantly. I don't think a shift that big happens unless someone is mighty confident in that result.

With the WWE the smart money always comes in around 3-6pm on the day of show. Plus those odds for Sasha was too high this early. It just evened out to the levels of the rest of the matches as of now. The only surprise is who is the slight favorite.

You just have to wait till Sunday because things change. Bryan was once the favorite to win the rumble when Batista returned.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People who lost their shit over Zayn/Nakamura, are you over it now that some time has passed?

Because I try to go with the guise that everyone likes what they like and not everyone likes the same thing and that's fine. But that match is the one exception where I saw so many people flip out about it and I only had questions. As shitty as it sounds, is that your first time watching Nakamura? Because it was pretty much the most base level Nakamura match. Zayn was just there. And barely at that. Nakamura just did his spots and his gestures and that's it. Like I don't remember anything about that match other than what felt like a huge overreaction to it.

With the WWE the smart money always comes in around 3-6pm on the day of show. Plus those odds for Sasha was too high this early. It just evened out to the levels of the rest of the matches as of now. The only surprise is who is the slight favorite.

You just have to wait till Sunday because things change. Bryan was once the favorite to win the rumble when Batista returned.

Yeah, but a lot of money has to come in for an outlet to shift the lines that much. Which basically in this case means all the money had to come in for one person.

People who lost their shit over Zayn/Nakamura, are you over it now that some time has passed?

Because I try to go with the guise that everyone likes what they like and not everyone likes the same thing and that's fine. But that match is the one exception where I saw so many people flip out about it and I only had questions. As shitty as it sounds, is that your first time watching Nakamura? Because it was pretty much the most base level Nakamura match. Zayn was just there. And barely at that. Nakamura just did his spots and his gestures and that's it. Like I don't remember anything about that match other than what felt like a huge overreaction to it.

It definitely benefited in people's minds from being his first match in the company

The same people saying it's match of the decade probably don't see any flaws in House Show Nakamura either

somedevil

Yeah, but a lot of money has to come in for an outlet to shift the lines that much. Which basically in this case means all the money had to come in for one person.

Well someone did that with Bryan for the Rumble because he became the favorite for a period of time before it went back to Batista on the day of the show.

I read replies to her tweets because of this post, suck up/creep level is off the charts.

Well the tweet was a reply to a picture of a fan thanking her for taking a picture with her at the airport. She doesn't seem to like that so she replied calling the fan out for stalking celebrities at the airport.

She deleted it. Plus for any female celebrity is basically filled with those type of people.

I think a lot of overreaction came from the spectacle of it. It was essentially Nakamura in a WWE ring, something a lot of people figured they'd never see and was against the biggest fan favorite in NXT and on the biggest NXT show from a hype perspective. That alone made the match feel more special than anything else NXT had done from the start. It'd be like if Cena signed with NJPW and had his first match at the Dome with Okada. People would be freaking out about the smallest stuff.

Well the tweet was a reply to a picture of a fan thanking her for taking a picture with her at the airport. She doesn't seem to like that so she replied calling the fan out for stalking celebrities at the airport.

She deleted it. Plus for any female celebrity is basically filled with those type of people.
Gotta love that one airport lurker photo that Big-E made socks out of.

Ck_mJSxWEAABb1Y.jpg

It was a helluva moment with Zayn getting a send off and Nak making his debut, but I knew the match wouldn't hold up because, for me, they're just fighting. I need more than that.

Well, yeah.

This seems unintentionally terrible and maybe probably possibly but i don't know racist?

Wait.. Is Kane running for mayor in my city?
Hold the line, you stay in Knoxville? You should come over and watch SummerSlam with me Sunday, live only on the WWE network!

And yes that's pretty what it is, that's why I'm scratching my head over it. Of course I don't have a twitter so I can't bitch about it and have my voice heard.

Pikma

Banned
Hold the line, you stay in Knoxville? You should come over and watch SummerSlam with me Sunday, live only on the WWE network!

And yes that's pretty what it is, that's why I'm scratching my head over it. Of course I don't have a twitter so I can't bitch about it and have my voice heard.
I'll do it for you if you allow me to name our tag team "The Excited Brothers"

Yo no disrespect but Jack Evans is a pretty cool guy

Some dude yelled "do a moonsault!", he replies "moonsaults are for pussies" and does a 450 to the outside

Also I hate wrestling fans. Group of idiots near us were convinced they were the show and yelled ignorant shit about a female wrestler's nose being big for most of her match and thought it was hilarious to make racist comments during Chris Hero vs. Shigehiro Irie. Hell yeah brother woooo

Looks like there are still about 2000 Takeover tickets available on Stubhub. That seems a bit excessive to have 10% of an arena possibly empty feels big less than 12 hours before the event. 139 ground level tickets up right now too.

Jamie OD

Looks like there are still about 2000 Takeover tickets available on Stubhub. That seems a bit excessive to have 10% of an arena possibly empty feels big less than 12 hours before the event. 139 ground level tickets up right now too.

And compare it to last year when it was the hottest ticket. At least scalpers are going to be taking a bath on this. Crap how much that market is taking over ticket sales in general.

Hasney

Heh, they didn't sell out stupidly quick last year, it was a slow burn to a sell out but once it reached fever pitch, people were desperate. Scalpers decided to buy all the tickets quick and put them on Stubhub thinking it will happen again. Dumbasses.

I can see why though, I'm more intrigued about the card than excited outside of Joe/Nakanura. Like AA and Roode, but with their opponents, I'm just interested to see it. Not that interested about Bailey facing Asuka again. I'm sure it'll be fun, but they need to find someone on the same level of Asukas aggression.

Tag match should be great though. Most looking forward to that outside the main event now.

Top Bottom