• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

So when stumbling through the WWE network I came across Raw's McMahon Appreciation night circa 2007, that old classic where Vince's limo explodes.

Running through it quickly was interesting to say the least...
- Hey it's Benoit's final Raw match, I tried to find telltale signs of his upcoming insanity but he just looked like Benoit as usual, maybe that says something about your bog standard Benoit, good match with Lashley though

- Speaking of Lashley, crumbs his mic skills sucked, he has to forcibly relinquish the ECW title when drafted to Raw (yep, this was also a draft episode) and when he does so he intimidatingly grabs Coach by his tie, pulls him in and then repeats "you're stripping my title away from me?" three whole times in his soft spoken voice completely removing any threat from the situation and making it look like he forgot his lines.

- The final BIG draft pick of the evening? Mr Kennedy to Raw! well we all know how that turned out...
(I was hyped for this at the time)

- I shit you not friends, as I fast forwarded through I pressed play only to be greeted with MOOLAH AND MAE YOUNG ON ALL FOURS FIGHTING OVER A FAKE BONE IN A DOG BOWL BY A DOGHOUSE ON STAGE, WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?! WHAT?!
Almost enough for me to take up gif creation, seriously what the shit was this?!

- We all remember Paul London's stupid face in Vince's death march but honestly about 75% of the roster look out of place or confused as to how to express themselves so really thinking about it London's forced mega grin seems to fit the situation more.

Also in watching the Women's Evolution thing, you gotta feel for AJ Lee whose existence wasn't even hinted at once during the entire show despite being easily one of WWE's most popular female performers in the last decade, they must really be bitter about Punk huh?

Eva is goona get fired isnt she?

Brock-1.gif

bjork

Also in watching the Women's Evolution thing, you gotta feel for AJ Lee whose existence wasn't even hinted at once during the entire show despite being easily one of WWE's most popular female performers in the last decade, they must really be bitter about Punk huh?

This is how they've always done business. The Huckster/Nacho Man thing, the first Warrior DVD, what Bret's DVD was originally going to be, and so on. I guess they think people forget all that stuff?

Zach

Nakamura/Zayn was so fun and now some of you miserable wieners are trying to soil its memory. Boooooo!

"I've seen much better matches in Japan..."

Aiii

So not worth it
Brock's cheating ass should probably keep quiet about legit competitors, really.

Guy has zero credibility at this point, it's embarrassing.

I got a little exclusive.I got a exclusive on these drug test failures.

Here's the word going around, and I'm not gonna say who, of the three people specifically because I have yet to confirm it.I don't want to get in trouble, we're talking about drug test failures.

The word going around is that,at least, ONE of the three people that got popped (Eva,Alberto, Paige), were popped for a steroid called Anavar". (note: "Avanar" is what sounds to me)

That's the word going around among the professional wrestling community and the word that got to me 20m before we started this podcast.

So, if you look "Anavar" and see what it does, and if you're a smart boy or girl, you could probably figure it out WHO that rumor is regarding."

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/20...omega-g1-climax-26-finals-summerslam-weekend/

Aiii fight me then, you prove your credibility. I'll fight for Brock motherfucker!

Hasney

I'm tired of hearing about the MMA Sheamus. Hopefully he can stick to his own boring sport.

Will buy my first UFC event for Punk though. What a draw.

imBask

Banned
I would honestly be shocked if Vin Diesel was the guy Rock hates. Everything you read about Vin Diesel is positive, he seems like a legit great guy

To go on with my other post here are things that the steroid aids

treatment for severe burns

treatment for osteoporosis

aiding gain weight

accelerate growth in children with idiopathic short stature

So Paige more than likely

Fuck Groove me baby and imbask, I'll beat their asses for the rock. I'm airing out my grievances toward them in public because I want people to know, I'll annihilate their asses any time, any place, I don't care who's around. Janet Jackson, call me baby. But back to the two jabroni's you come and you fight me too. You know what, I have a challenge,

Grooove me baby, Imback, and Aiiiiiii you all run the gauntlet against me and see how you come out!

Zach

Haha, this Sandwich Rock Bottom on Triple H and Shane McMahon through the announcers table. And then Vince's face afterward. Ha!

imBask

Banned
Fuck Groove me baby and imbask, I'll beat their asses for the rock. I'm airing out my grievances toward them in public because I want people to know, I'll annihilate their asses any time, any place, I don't care who's around. Janet Jackson, call me baby. But back to the two jabroni's you come and you fight me too. You know what, I have a challenge,

Grooove me baby, Imback, and Aiiiiiii you all run the gauntlet against me and see how you come out!

Dawg i'm like the only Rock and HHH fan alive, what are you saying

I will not take your shit though. Prepare the contract signing

Caderfix

Roman Reigns and Eva Marie taking PEDs to stay hyper focused and energized for entertaining the fans on a nightly basis and they get hated by the internet for the efforts anyway smh.

To be fair, even with enhancements, they are still VERY boring. :^)

Dawg i'm like the only Rock and HHH fan alive, what are you saying

I will not take your shit though. Prepare the contract signing
W78FfJ.gif

Blue, you're out of your league

Grrrr. But yes, MUCH better though took three chiropractic visits to heal.

I've had it since launch. My first Android and can't see myself going back. It's amazing.

SIGN THE CONTRACT DAMNIT!

Btw how much do you weigh?

Sephy, you no likey the note?

I hover around 170. Though I need to lose some weight, the cause for pain was blowing it out lifting my toddler with poor form (bending back rather than squat down to pick her up etc)
Yeah I was going to say you don't weigh too much to be having those problems. But since you're having them, it wouldn't hurt to lose ten or fifteen lbs. You'll notice a huge difference.

When I quit soda, shit fell off fast. Think I lost 13 lbs in a month. So yeah, I'm expecting bigger numbers to drop by not touching a bottle of vodka for awhile.
The difference in having a body laced with soda and a body without soda is crazy. You've gotta think, a bottle of mountain dew has I think 65 grams of sugar. Now some people drink two of those a day! Then you have the cans, some people drink 4 a day. And those big cups from McDonald's well you get the point, all of that shit contributes to those extra 75lbs one is carrying.

So Meltz confirmed that the couple didn't get suspended for the same thing. Alberto is more than likely out next month but Paige still has a few years left on her contract. As I posted on the last Paige, one of them were taking a steroid and it may have been Paige for her spine issues.
I got a little exclusive.I got a exclusive on these drug test failures.

Here's the word going around, and I'm not gonna say who, of the three people specifically because I have yet to confirm it.I don't want to get in trouble, we're talking about drug test failures.

The word going around is that,at least, ONE of the three people that got popped (Eva,Alberto, Paige), were popped for a steroid called Anavar". (note: "Avanar" is what sounds to me)

That's the word going around among the professional wrestling community and the word that got to me 20m before we started this podcast.

So, if you look "Anavar" and see what it does, and if you're a smart boy or girl, you could probably figure it out WHO that rumor is regarding."

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/20...omega-g1-climax-26-finals-summerslam-weekend/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Want a concrete example of how much Raw changed in 1999?

The way I rewatch WWF is simple. Every WWF show on the network in order starting from the first raw. This has meant mainly a simple rotation of 3-12 RAWS and then a PPV, rinse and repeat. My rule was that if I fell asleep during a RAW (but not a PPV) I'd go on to the next one show next time I watched. Simple enough, no? Not going to miss much in 1993.

or 1994.

or 1995.

or 1996.

or 1997.

1998, well, you're going to miss a few title matches that way, but rarely if ever any title changes. Earlier this week though I got to May 31, 1999 episode of RAW and fell asleep pretty early. And there were TWO title changes. And this isn't even the only time this has happened this year.

Sunday Night Heat is also incredibly important to the story until Smackdown launches. So it's a PPV pre show, a way to set up stories for RAW the next night, and a place to debut/redebut acts like the Hardy Boyz, Beaver Cleavage, Prince Albert and Droz.

Want a concrete example of how much Raw changed in 1999?

The way I rewatch WWF is simple. Every WWF show on the network in order starting from the first raw. This has meant mainly a simple rotation of 3-12 RAWS and then a PPV, rinse and repeat. My rule was that if I fell asleep during a RAW (but not a PPV) I'd go on to the next one show next time I watched. Simple enough, no? Not going to miss much in 1993.

or 1994.

or 1995.

or 1996.

or 1997.

1998, well, you're going to miss a few title matches that way, but rarely if ever any title changes. Earlier this week though I got to May 31, 1999 episode of RAW and fell asleep pretty early. And there were TWO title changes. And this isn't even the only time this has happened this year.

Sunday Night Heat is also incredibly important to the story until Smackdown launches. So it's a PPV pre show, a way to set up stories for RAW the next night, and a place to debut/redebut acts like the Hardy Boyz, Beaver Cleavage, Prince Albert and Droz.
That's why I gave you those links bro, Sunday night heat stays very mainline up until 2001. If you missed Sunday night Heat then you missed key storyline parts.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'll just watch it when it comes to the Network in one long stream. It's too late to turn back now.

I'm already dreading adding Smackdown to the rotation in a day or two.

I'll just watch it when it comes to the Network in one long stream. It's too late to turn back now.

I'm already dreading adding Smackdown to the rotation in a day or two.
For now, you just have the pilot, you don't strt it until August so enjoy the freedom for now. Also, you're gonna want to watch everything over once you watch those SNHs lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
For now, you just have the pilot, you don't start it until August so enjoy the freedom for now. Also, you're gonna want to watch everything over once you watch those SNHs lol.

I'm getting ready to watch KOTR 1999 today, which is late June. Then only six or seven episodes.

I'm getting ready to watch KOTR 1999 today, which is late June. Then only six or seven episodes.
Oh lol, I'm thinking you're still around backlash, well the end if near. Really, the end if near. The SDs aren't bad but you get so used to just having one show to watch then you realize there is another show you have to keep up with. Especially since I was watching heat as well, I was like damn!

Top Bottom