• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

gun_haver

I hope nobody doing anything interesting right now gets suspended. Eva Marie was bad enough.

WWE is a reality tv show based around stuntwork and we shouldn't be coming at this by comparing it to UFC or anything else where chemical advantages actually matter. It's just supposed to be entertaining to watch.

I get that it's about avoiding various incidents they've had in the past, or at least give that impression, but you don't need to start firing people for trying out weird vitamin combos or using recreational drugs away from work to discourage people from using drugs in pursuit of greater success at their jobs.

Which is really what this should be about - if people are doing it to get more opportunities in the WWE, that's the insidious part. It shouldn't be about them policing the private lives of their employees or whatever they want to call the people they employ.

I just don't wanna be enjoying how certain wrestlers are going and then have them derailed because WWE needs to pretend it cares about keeping things clean.

I wish they gave out details of why people got suspended, cos a wellness policy violation can mean anything.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
In all seriousness, Why does the WWE test for this stuff?
They scream they are entertainment. The movie business doesnt test for it. Its just weird.

My job doesn't test me for steroids, and adroal.

I personally think its garbage.

They started it in the mid 1990's as a way to get at WCW.

As the Attitude era came close to fruition they started to back away from it, eventually completely shit canning it around 1998.

Then a few years later they had Eddie and Benoit pretty close together and they had to do something.

Zach

Owens thinks he is too cool for wrestling now since he's in his senior year of high school.
Ha!

I'm finally watching the latest CWC. Jack Gallagher is still fantastic and I hope he's going to be on NXT or something.

Ho Ho and Norm DARPA can suck a wiener.

If he was Jerry Lawler it'd scouting future girlfriends.

But yeah, he's gonna buy Lego, you know it.
4oaLg4o.jpg

An Orton match concluding a 738 hour show? I'm not expecting the most energetic crowd for that.

To be fair, Randy is probably going to get injured again from Brock throwing him around so might as well give him a main event send off.

You know, the more I think about it, the more the tease of a Goldberg/Lesnar match makes sense as the end of the PPV. They get to work the New York crowd that shit all over them 12 years ago, and you just know Brock wants to get his heat back by finally getting that clean win over Bill. Don't be surprised if this is his Hogan/Warrior '98 moment.

Slizeezyc

You know, the more I think about it, the more the tease of a Goldberg/Lesnar match makes sense as the end of the PPV. They get to work the New York crowd that shit all over them 12 years ago, and you just know Brock wants to get his heat back by finally getting that clean win over Bill. Don't be surprised if this is his Hogan/Warrior '98 moment.

Brock lights himself on fire rather than Goldberg?

I'm fucking howling at "Brock wants to get his heat back."

Did anyone see Pwtorch saying 3 was only the beginning then DTAM saying 10 people got popped? He's usually known for just providing gifs but he's leaked some stuff in the past

Did anyone see Pwtorch saying 3 was only the beginning then DTAM saying 10 people got popped? He's usually known for just providing gifs but he's leaked some stuff in the past

Yep. Like I said, there's been enough people who have been saying "more's coming". Where there's smoke, there's fire

korly

Ok. Evolve 66. Let's go.

The arena is nicer than i thought it would be.

I'm an hour from that arena. I'd been planning to go for two months. My wife was working until 6pm,which gave us plenty of time to get there.

Some kind of incident happened at her job and she didn't get home until 7:45.

So now I'm watching my first ever iPPV. Pretty decent quality stream!

orioto

Good Art™
So i heard about that Zayn tag team preshow filler.

I just want to go back a little to what happened till some weeks for Zayn and Owens.

_They decided they had to finish that feud without any sort of reason, suddenly, but never really build a story on tv.
_They had both of them chokeslammed by Kane (this is never random, never, this is a sick sort of symbolic gesture in wwe)
_They had 18 minutes, and a moty in that time. Stole the show completely for everyone.
_Back to RAW the day after, barely talked about it, no fallout, nothing to finish the story. Basically they cannot interact with each other anymore, and their match has no echoes on tv.
_the next ppv, Zayn is in the preshow with a random tag team, and Owens is going to put over a team of fresh talents.

I'm still convinced there is some reason to that. Something like someone (Dunn ? McMahon ?) not liking the fact that they built a storyline from a ROH feud, and wanting to bury it. There was some fight over it, and that's why it was kinda here and not here in the same time, the feud. And the Battleground match was basically a "let's them finish that shit now but i'll show the world this is not wwe made and thus not relevant"

My theory, i can be wrong.

So i heard about that Zayn tag team preshow filler.

I just want to go back a little to what happened till some weeks for Zayn and Owens.

_They decided they had to finish that feud without any sort of reason, suddenly, but never really build a story on tv.
_They had both of them chokeslammed by Kane (this is never random, never, this is a sick sort of symbolic gesture in wwe)
_They had 18 minutes, and a moty in that time. Stole the show completely for everyone.
_Back to RAW the day after, barely talked about it, no fallout, nothing to finish the story. Basically they cannot interact with each other anymore, and their match has no echoes on tv.
_the next ppv, Zayn is in the preshow with a random tag team, and Owens is going to put over a team of fresh talents.

I'm still convinced there is some reason to that. Something like someone (Dunn ? McMahon ?) not liking the fact that they built a storyline from a ROH feud, and wanting to bury it. There was some fight over it, and that's why it was kinda here and not here in the same time, the feud. And the Battleground match was basically a "let's them finish that shit now but i'll show the world this is not wwe made and thus not relevant"

My theory, i can be wrong.
Roman couldn't put the crack down, got busted, put in Zayn's spot after doing the favors for Finn and Dean.

Bizazedo

I'm an hour from that arena. I'd been planning to go for two months. My wife was working until 6pm,which gave us plenty of time to get there.

Some kind of incident happened at her job and she didn't get home until 7:45.

So now I'm watching my first ever iPPV. Pretty decent quality stream!
Liking it so far live.

Crowd is a bit too into itself though. Not Fullsail level, but..

Total Divas star Eva Marie says she was suspended by WWE on a technicality … however, the wrestler claims she’ll take her punishment in stride and respect the company’s decision.

Eva released a statement to Pro Wrestling Sheet saying, “I am disappointed that this suspension has occurred, yet understand and respect that WWE upholds their Wellness Policy to the letter and won’t compromise on its integrity.”

As we exclusively reported, Eva Marie was suspended yesterday for a Wellness Policy violation and the company released a statement saying this was her first offense.

WWE Superstars Paige and Alberto Del Rio were also suspended this week for Wellness violations.

Eva adds, “I violated policy by not turning in portions of required paperwork in the time frame WWE Medical deemed timely. I look forward to my return! Thank you for your support.”

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/ev...t-suspension/#.V7emtdArJE4?platform=hootsuite

So she didn't take drugs but failed to turn in medical paperwork on time?

I swear it's almost like Eva is living the gimmick.

There's always the possibility the onscreen gimmick was written as a rib on her

Example: Tommy Dreamer ate a bunch of stupid shit so they decided to make fun of him by having him eat stupid shit on TV and then get his ass kicked by Taker

There's always the possibility the onscreen gimmick was written as a rib on her

Example: Tommy Dreamer ate a bunch of stupid shit so they decided to make fun of him by having him eat stupid shit on TV and then get his ass kicked by Taker
I never was the same after I saw the time when he drank Undertaker's tobacco spit.

Top Bottom