• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Zach

You know, I love love love Eddie Guerrero. He's one of my favorites. I like the nickname "Latino Heat" and his theme and his look and his wrasslin' so far in the WWF. But man, this dialed-up Mexican stereotype gimmick is the pits. And Jerry Lawler doing commentary over it is even worse.

This is leading to another Ethan Page turn, right? Because he's a fucking unbearably whiny douche with this "Johnny Gargano must forgive me" gimmick.

Can't find anything incriminating at face value. Maybe I didn't go far back enough
Do my homework
13671909_125235397477gnp9x.jpg
Brock probably like who is this girl?

CDf3poN.jpg

You played yourself???
I see someone is tired of weighing 120lbs 😂😂😂

Zach

Terry Bollea put in some work that Nitro. It really seems like they're all at least trying with the New Blood angle. I'm sure that'll change soon.

And seriously, what's the deal with the young guys being called the "New Blood" and dudes giggin' for that juice all the time, yet they call the blood that falls from the ceiling "that red liquid"? So weird and awkward.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Terry Bollea put in some work that Nitro. It really seems like they're all at least trying with the New Blood angle. I'm sure that'll change soon.

And seriously, what's the deal with the young guys being called the "New Blood" and dudes giggin' for that juice all the time, yet they call the blood that falls from the ceiling "that red liquid"? So weird and awkward.

New Blood is an innocent sounding turn of phrase. A bloodbath is:

A. Supposed to be actual blood.
B. Invokes Satanic imagery.

and was a big no no as far as Turner's S&P were concerned.

I mean I can get some of the excuses for the Invasion issues from the lack of most of the real major stars of WCW but that didn't mean it had to turn into a fucking McMahon focused shit on the "Alliance" side. Remember how awesome it was when ECW showed up and how shit just deflated when Stephanie was revealed as the new "owner" of ECW or some shit?

The CM Punk think was just angering, seriously fuck Triple H and his bullshit from that and Vince for going along with it.

Nak's theme is supposed to be played live apparently

Did they fly her in? I hope she was flown in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaKbvmetj1g

Or they best do it the next time they have a special from Japan.

anigif_enhanced-27052-1429282250-5.gif

Poor Izzy is gonna be in tears tonight when Bayley dies at Asuka's hands or feet. #SorryIzzy #NotSorryIzzy
Joey styles is doing commentary for the main event

He just shooted on Cole

What he say?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Invasion Angle was super easy to not fuck up. Pay the money for Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Hogan, Flair. Have them win a bunch of the matches, maybe with some cheating. Slightly less McMahons, though there's nothing wrong on the surface with having Shane buy WCW.

what's more depressing: WWE fucking up after MITB 11 or WWE fucking up the Invasion angle?
MitB because I'm selfish and would have loved to live in a time when wrestling was hot. Sure there wasn't a huge spike in ratings after the pipebomb, but I doubt there was one after the Austin 3:16 promo you old senile piece of shit.

miserable

for me it was after MITB, mainly because I had such high hopes plus I wasn't around for the Invasion as I didn't watch any wrasslin from June 99 until after Wrestlemania X8.

Zach

Sometimes that low-hanging fruit gets me...

Lawler: He's kicking the owner of this company! Are you crazy?! Oh, Vince... are you alright?

JR: Go check on him! He may need mouth-to-mouth... or lip-to-ass!

Top Bottom