• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

what's more depressing: WWE fucking up after MITB 11 or WWE fucking up the Invasion angle?
MITB 2011. The Invasion angle was fucked from the beginning and, in hindsight, wasn't going to work even with the biggest WCW names because Vince was not going to put over people he didn't create.

MITB 2011 showed they could come up with an incredibly hot angle, but in today's climate just don't have the patience to let it grow naturally, and instead end up killing it with bullshit. And really, that's been the lesson of the last 10 years.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
MITB 2011. The Invasion angle was fucked from the beginning and, in hindsight, wasn't going to work even with the biggest WCW names because Vince was not going to put over people he didn't create.

MITB 2011 showed they could come up with an incredibly hot angle, but in today's climate just don't have the patience to let it grow naturally, and instead end up killing it with bullshit. And really, that's been the lesson of the last 10 years.

You're forgetting that Vince did "create" most of WCW's biggest acts. Everyone but Goldberg. Also he almost always puts people over immediately after they come in only to break them down afterwards.

The biggest roadblock was that he couldn't convince TNN to let him turn RAW into Nitro and bringing in those people would fuck up the pay scale and create chaos...which it eventually did!

Invasion Angle was super easy to not fuck up. Pay the money for Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Hogan, Flair. Have them win a bunch of the matches, maybe with some cheating. Slightly less McMahons, though there's nothing wrong on the surface with having Shane buy WCW.
Imagine the money they could've made with Austin v Goldberg, they would've earned his contract and more. They fucked up.

This Chyna/Road Dogg match is hot fire.
As a kid

I was pissed that Chyna lost

Watching it all over again, I still had hopes for the same result

DMczaf

CqUqpALWcAA1Hsy.jpg:large

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Imagine the money they could've made with Austin v Goldberg, they would've earned his contract and more. They fucked up.

As a kid

I was pissed that Chyna lost

Watching it all over again, I still had hopes for the same result

It's a great match. Both are popular. No serious fuck ups. It's the only KOTR match given any time at all and it's the best match of the tournament.

You're forgetting that Vince did "create" most of WCW's biggest acts. Everyone but Goldberg. Also he almost always puts people over immediately after they come in only to break them down afterwards.

The biggest roadblock was that he couldn't convince TNN to let him turn RAW into Nitro and bringing in those people would fuck up the pay scale and create chaos...which it eventually did!
Way to bury Sting and Flair. :p And I don't really know how a Monday Nitro would have worked; if they kept WCW as the heel "company", wouldn't that have been exactly like that awful nWo Nitro?

Syder

what's more depressing: WWE fucking up after MITB 11 or WWE fucking up the Invasion angle?
For me, it's the Invasion angle because as a bright-eyed kid it, coupled with the Brand Extension, is what originally made me lapse for the first time.

With MITB, I expected them to screw it up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Way to bury Sting and Flair. :p And I don't really know how a Monday Nitro would have worked; if they kept WCW as the heel "company", wouldn't that have been exactly like that awful nWo Nitro?

What?

What?

What?

Vince Clearly made Flair by providing him with the greatest...moment...of his life! With a tear in his eye!

It's a great match. Both are popular. No serious fuck ups. It's the only KOTR match given any time at all and it's the best match of the tournament.
The only thing that sucked was Chyna was coming over on her own but they put the more over guy against her. Luckily it didn't kill her heat, it made her even more popular.

Striker

Easily the Invasion. They got money for the PPV itself but it hurt them big after and has been felt since.

MitB '11 angle was hot briefly but the show and SummerSlam were not big buys. Triple H's involvement instantly killed it anyway.

Anth0ny

Lapsed Fan Money in the Bank 2011 Part 2 is so depressing.

For 1 night.....wrestling was back ;_;

that main event is still electric to this day

though kinda depressing knowing what was to come :(

but if you can convince yourself to escape back into the moment... so good.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
err that Kenny Omega vs Naito match was fucking unbelievable o_O

I decided to fast forward through several Raw episodes instead of just deleting them all today. Never thought I would ever say this again, but I really like Jericho. I always thought that the idea of a Jericho return was better than Jericho actually returning. His promos and interviews with Tom are great. #TeamJeriKO for tag champs. Orton in Atlanta was 🔥🔥🔥. I think I'm actually looking forward to the Orton/Lesnar match. I hope the Roman and Rusev fuckery continues after the PPV. The Big Dawg should have kept the beard. Also, I really hate when the WWE has a PPV match on TV the week before the PPV. Why not put them in a tag match or something?

I think I'm just gonna delete all of these Smackdown episodes. I have no interest in Ambrose or Ziggler. It's a damn shame AJ is even on this show. He and his theme deserve better.

Evolution is a mystery
TIME TO FIND OUT WHO I AM!
I decided to fast forward through several Raw episodes instead of just deleting them all today. Never thought I would ever say this again, but I really like Jericho. I always thought that the idea of a Jericho return was better than Jericho actually returning. His promos and interviews with Tom are great. #TeamJeriKO for tag champs. Orton in Atlanta was 🔥🔥🔥. I think I'm actually looking forward to the Orton/Lesnar match. I hope the Roman and Rusev fuckery continues after the PPV. The Big Dawg should have kept the beard. Also, I really hate when the WWE has a PPV match on TV the week before the PPV. Why not put them in a tag match or something?

I think I'm just gonna delete all of these Smackdown episodes. I have no interest in Ambrose or Ziggler. It's a damn shame AJ is even on this show. He and his theme deserve better.
Raw was focused more for the ppv whereas SD was focused more on being the weekly show that is connecting everything.

Top Bottom