• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Bayley needs to lose this match and move up to the main roster already.

BUT Bayley probably shouldn't lose this match from a story point of view.

I dunno.

Welp found Zach

6viaolaw6ngx.jpg

Ithil

Great main event. They were working snug as fuck.
I hope Joe is only selling because he's on the run of his life right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joe did best with it and I assume they have big main roster plans for him which shows a sign of how quality he's been, but I can't help but feel disappointed they had such a dominant monster taken from the title so quickly just to put the title on the new NXT FOTM.

I think you can build around a Joe monster a lot more than Nakamura.

Menome

The Curse of Menome only struck in the least and most important matches of the night. Thought Jose would go over and Joe would retain. Everything else went as predicted.

Makes Summerslam a bit more interesting now.

Hasney

I think they can play the feud off to your desires by scripting it to where Joe was caught off guard by Naka and taking him for granted. He can come back bigger and meaner than ever and just crush Nakamura next go around.

My prediction is Nakamura hands the belt right over to Joe before leaving to the main roster before Joe does.

That depends on if Joe is legit hurt or not, of course.

Bayley's selling was kind of awkward tonight. Like there was this one point where she got kicked a bunch of times and just stood up like nothing happened. And this was pre-Hulking Up.

Hope Joe is okay. If he's moving up, Smackdown would be the best place for him to go.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
joe attacks cena during aj vs cena. aj wins and cena feuds with joe. upw rivalry resurrected!

aj squashes ambrose in 5 seconds and wins the title. we x-division now

klonere

Banned
Another mediocre NXT title match in the bag. Title has been cursed since that last Sami Neville match. Women should have Main evented again.

I was cheerleading this point and got some heat for it.

When you bring a Bayley toe to toe with Asuka who is just...terror, in the ring, in-ring psychology needs to be on-point.

That happened in the London match, which was nearly a squash in terms of how bad Bayley got beat up. This was Bayley showing she could take the bombs and fight back...but not with a plan or any tools to actually beat Asuka. Psychology was fine imo.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Without knowing anything about who WWE is planning on signing, I feel like I can name the next 5 NXT champions with little trouble based on NXT's booking style

Roode-ZSJ-Omega-Shibata-Pentagon Jr

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
A lengthy Nakamura reign looks like Finn Reign 2.0.
A short Nakamura reign looks like it would just lead to hot shotting the title to Bobby Roode, likely through Storm shenanigans. Making the handover feel pointless in an attempt to protect Nakamura for his main roster debut. Rather than building up a face to knock Joe off his throne and carry NXT for a while.

Both outlooks look bad to me.

Top Bottom