• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

Barrage

A lengthy Nakamura reign looks like Finn Reign 2.0.
A short Nakamura reign looks like it would just lead to hot shotting the title to Bobby Roode, likely through Storm shenanigans. Making the handover feel pointless in an attempt to protect Nakamura for his main roster debut. Rather than building up a face to knock Joe off his throne and carry NXT for a while.

Both outlooks look bad to me.

And if Nakamura hotshots the belt back to Joe?

Barrage

Joe looks weaker than if he just beat Nakamura the first time and Nakamura looks like a fluke champion.

Thats like saying Flair-Steamboat made Steamboat look like a fluke champion.

I get that you wanted a Monster Joe run. I dont thino sacrificing Nakamura while waiting for Mystery Babyface X is the way to do it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Thats like saying Flair-Steamboat made Steamboat look like a fluke champion.

I get that you wanted a Monster Joe run. I dont thino sacrificing Nakamura while waiting for Mystery Babyface X is the way to do it.

Ric Flair was the overly confident heel that had dominated the NWA for years going into the match. Steamboat was just 'a guy' to him.

Joe isn't a cocky heel. He's a pissed off, paranoid monster. And there's no reason he would underestimate anyone, especially a decorated international, undefeated wrestler. So him underestimating Nakamura wouldn't fit.

Ric Flair was the overly confident heel that had dominated the NWA for years going into the match. Steamboat was just 'a guy' to him.

Joe isn't a cocky heel. He's a pissed off, paranoid monster. And there's no reason he would underestimate anyone, especially a decorated international, undefeated wrestler. So him underestimating Nakamura wouldn't fit.

He didn't underestimate Nakamura but he lost the match because he slipped and Nakamura took advantage. Nak wouldn't look like a fluke champ either because he survived Joe's onslaught and was smart enough to take the opportunity when he got it. I might mostly be saying this because I don't want Joe's fate to be resided to PPV pre-shows leading into a future endeavor.

People also told me Naito would win G1 and get the title back

Given they're willing to put Omega in the main event maybe they're also open to giving Naito the title so that we get the rematch we all want and end the 100 years of Tanahashi.

I kind of agree with Data.

Nak's NXT run is... Nak in NXT. Which is cool because Nak. Nak Nak Nak.

But NXT is best when it's building or rebuilding. Samoa Joe revitalized his career. Bayley became the future of women in WWE. That kind of stuff.

My least favorite stuff is Finn Balor being Finn Balor for years, just waiting to get called up on the roster while not even improving his mic skills or matches.

http://www.espn.com/wwe/story/_/id/...brooklyn-ii-live-match-recaps-evaluations-wwe

2.75 lmfao

CqWkVYzWAAEMh_Y.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nakamura in NXT is basically an extended Meet and Greet. He's just being who he is and who he's been for a while. He's not done anything different so far, and I doubt he will because they signed him based off what they knew was popular in gifs. Wacky Michael Jackson cocaine man.

I think it'll eventually get stale for a lot of people as time goes on. I can not imagine them trying to change anything about him because what he had worked so well for a time. It's kind of like when they brought Rhyno or Kendrick in. Except he's still there. And he's winning the title.

Nakamura in NXT is basically an extended Meet and Greet. He's just being who he is and who he's been for a while. He's not done anything different so far, and I doubt he will because they signed him based off what they knew was popular in gifs. Wacky Michael Jackson cocaine man.

I think it'll eventually get stale for a lot of people as time goes on. I can not imagine them trying to change anything about him because what he had worked so well for a time. It's kind of like when they brought Rhyno or Kendrick in. Except he's still there. And he's winning the title.

Hot damn. No lies detected.

People still cheer for Finn my man and he doesn't even change his paint anymore.

Then in all fairness his match tonight was very different to his match with Balor where he had his legs worked for 20 minutes and no sold everything.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
People still cheer for Finn my man and he doesn't even change his paint anymore.

Then in all fairness his match tonight was very different to his match with Balor where he had his legs worked for 20 minutes and no sold everything.

Most people are Takeover events are game for just about anything. Even Finn. Finn's feet are being held to the flame on the main roster right now. The jury is still out and will be for some time.

Hey, I have no doubt that Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura would have a good match. Nakamura is a talented wrestler who knows his limits and doesn't push himself past them unless he thinks it's something special, for better or worse. But it's still a Greatest Hits match. Everything about Nakamura feels inconsequential because WWE isn't going to fuck with his character, and they likely aren't going to keep him there for long.

You know of know what Shinsuke is very quickly. Now imagine seeing that every single week. I got worn out on it only seeing him every couple of months and his ability and his charisma kept me ok with it for the most part. But he had to bust out a match like Ibushi/Nakamura for me to remember that he's a great wrestler. Because a ton of the matches leading up to that WK match were very formulaic by Nakamura standards.

A little bit of Shinsuke goes a long way. Possibly more than any other wrestler. That's the problem when your character is a charisma overload and you've been doing it for that long. Brightest flame and all that. I've said it before, but the idea of dream matches alone don't appeal to me anymore. Maybe it does to some people. But inconsequential dream matches are a waste with no real build and no real risk. It's the same criticism I've given PWG.

korly

Just got home from work and started watching Takeover. No Way Jose and Austin Aries both just put on their best NXT matches to date, and honestly, it was better than anything at yesterdays Evolve show. Too bad it looks like Aries is moving onto Hideo because I could have watched a few more matches between those dudes.

Mengetsu

Working this event live was amazing. Bobby Rooooode was so fucking over in that arena it was insane. Also Nakamura's intro was sick. Looks like Bayley is going to the main roster soon. You could feel the sadness in the arena as she lost.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Takeover was alright, but aside from the title matches, the winners were easily predictable. It lacked intensity, again aside from the title matches

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
At least Frank didn't let me down tonight.

edit: scratch that NATE's making a come back!

I swear none of yall have watched a Diaz fight before or something

That's how the last match went. That's how every match they'll ever have between the wannabe pro wrestler and Nate will go. Everyone will say 'omg Conor GOAT' then they go past round 2 'oh he dead'

korly

Jesus Christ Bobby Roode is over in Brooklyn. Presentation really goes a long way in wrestling. Could you imagine if they gave Cesaro a cool presentation after he won the ARMBAR? I'm sure SOMEONE thinks the stripping James Bond bit is cool, but even if it was (it's not) that ridiculous entrance theme ruins it.

Jesus Christ Bobby Roode is over in Brooklyn. Presentation really goes a long way in wrestling. Could you imagine if they gave Cesaro a cool presentation after he won the ARMBAR? I'm sure SOMEONE thinks the stripping James Bond bit is cool, but even if it was (it's not) that ridiculous entrance theme ruins it.
His Malenko rip off fits this gimmick so well too bad they won't go back to it

korly

I hate pumphandle moves.

And I hate how lazy WWE is with naming finishers. 90% of moves are the [NAME OF WRESTLER/ADJECTIVE DESCRIBING WRESTLER] [BOMB/LOCK]

Top Bottom