• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

somedevil

So here is the Raw card so far for Summerslam:

Rollins vs Finn
Orton vs Brock
Charlotte vs Sasha
New Day vs the club
Owens and Jericho vs Enzo and Cass
Rusev vs Reigns

Smackdown side:

Ziggler vs Ambrose

They have 7 matches and really need only 3 more to fill. Not sure if Zayn, Cesaro or Sheamus will be on the card with the need for more Smackdown matches on the card.

Man theyre killing it with the dark matches. Im going to SD in a few weeks. Im actually more hyped for the dark match we get than the actual show lol
Going tomorrow night, I hope I get to see Seth since the last time I went, he got hurt that Sunday and the rest was history.

Man theyre killing it with the dark matches. Im going to SD in a few weeks. Im actually more hyped for the dark match we get than the actual show lol
It's pretty nice. Until after Summerslam when the brand specific house shows start up they still seem to have most of the guys backstage when either show is on.

Barrage

They have 7 matches and really need only 3 more to fill. Not sure if Zayn, Cesaro or Sheamus will be on the card with the need for more Smackdown matches on the card.

Orton/Brock is as much a SD match as RAW.

KingBroly

Banned
Smackdown simply has nothing going for it right now. No stars. No feuds. No titles. Whoever put the roster for Smackdown together is a fucking moron.

I guess SD will have Cena/Styles for the #1 Contendership at Backlash

Raw64life

Front page of WWE.com

20160801_RAW_v_orton2--337c20908c882ad3af43b2ff67241cd4.jpg

What is Joey Styles doing?

DMczaf

Sasha and Big E.....stop doing that dumb fucking stupid dive you dumb fucking idiots.

God DAMN do I hate the GET MY SHIT IN culture in wrasslin right now.

Front page of WWE.com

20160801_RAW_v_orton2--337c20908c882ad3af43b2ff67241cd4.jpg

What is Joey Styles doing?
I wish they had Joey styles pick some wwe matches that he wished he would've called and he does his own dub over the commentary. For instance, the first 4 hiac matches(not the 3rd for reasons that it wasn't so hot) but it would be an interesting column on the network.

Sasha and Big E.....stop doing that dumb fucking stupid dive you dumb fucking idiots.

I hate that it's not even a fun spot now. It's the thing that happens so Cole can shout something about it before going to commercial break.

My guess is the other Smackdown matches is Miz vs someone, AJ vs Cena and the match to decide the women's champion on Smackdown if they do introduce a belt for it.

My guess is the other Smackdown matches is Miz vs someone, AJ vs Cena and the match to decide the women's champion on Smackdown if they do introduce a belt for it.
If I'm SD and I am, I do the women's title on our ppv. Same for the tag titles as it gives the fans something to really look forward to.

If I'm SD and I am, I do the women's title on our ppv. Same for the tag titles as it gives the fans something to really look forward to.
I dunno, I feel a Big PPV like Summerslam is best for establishing a new belt. Have the next few weeks be a tournament to give the crowd a taste of the newbies and build up support for it. But shit yeah, what will AA do? They definitely have to have a match for it. Them vs Breezango!
On the pre-show :(

DMczaf

Wait, did that jobber actually give out the shoot amounts of money that jobbers get?!

Does that mean if a jobber goes into business for himself, he gets banned for life but at least gets $5000?!

Kind of reminds me of backflips in freestyle motocross

The first time people started doing them it was the craziest thing ever. Only a few people pulled it off on special occasions. Then everyone started doing them. Then everyone started doing them but a few people began adding tricks while doing it

Suddenly it became an expectation that everyone just did everything in a flip variation to the point where it's like "oh he just did a superman backflip, that's gonna cost him with the judges". Travis Pastrana does a double backflip and pretty much singlehandedly bookends the sport. Then you get some backyard carny who literally only knows how to do a double backflip and does it over and over every event (only landing it one out of every several attempts) and ruins the magic

Dives to the outside are cool but if you're doing something that legitimately high risk all the time (and everyone is doing it) you're killing the spectacle and eventually going to fuck your shit up. I love em but yeah, they're like a requirement now in wrasslin

Fox318

Wait, did that jobber actually give out the shoot amounts of money that jobbers get?!

Does that mean if a jobber goes into business for himself, he gets banned for life but at least gets $5000?!

Erik Rowan can give tips on how to shoot a small package

I dunno, I feel a Big PPV like Summerslam is best for establishing a new belt. Have the next few weeks be a tournament to give the crowd a taste of the newbies and build up support for it. But shit yeah, what will AA do? They definitely have to have a match for it. Them vs Breezango!
On the pre-show :(
SummerSlam is going to sell either way so it isn't needed imo. Let Raw give theirs away while SD saves theirs for the exclusive Backlash. Announce the tournament starting on SD for the tag titles(similar to sd 2002), I would say so the same for the women's new title but that's too many tournaments going on at one time. It could work plus it will get viewers.

Was Sasha/Charlotte the only women division stuff on the show tonight?
Nia squashed someone

Imagine how much Rowan would've got for beating The Rock.

Fox318

Rowan kicking out would have tore every muscle in the rocks body anyway

Rowan wouldn't even need to roll him up.

Rock would be tapping after a kick out.

Fox318

Imagine if Brock actually jumped into the crowd.

People would be running from their seats.

No other performer on the roster would get that reaction out of people.

Fave Five WWE Edition update

1. Heath Slater
2. Chris Jericho
3. Rusev
4. AJ Styles
5. Dana Brooke

Honorable Mention: Local Jobbers

Top Bottom