• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Ithil

Nor would she get any of the attention/push that comes with it. Otherwise, Cody would have been world champion years ago.

What part of her push (which started in 2012) has had anything to do with her reputation as a geeky sort outside of the ring?

Also:

Though Vince McMahon's television character is portrayed as having a strong distaste for Daniel Bryan, in reality, the WWE Chairman and CEO thinks quite highly of the wrestler once known as the "American Dragon."

In response to a rumor on the F4WOnline.com message board concerning McMahon's relationship with Bryan, Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer revealed how the organization head perceives the wrestling standout.

According to Meltzer, McMahon legitimately believes he taught Bryan "how to be a star."

"Vince believes he took a guy who was very good technically but had no personality and taught him how to be a star," wrote Meltzer.

"If anything, he believes he was more right than anyone on him."

If Vince thinks he "made" Bryan, then while it's untrue, it's actually good news for Bryan, because Vince will actually support him and want him to be a big star because Vince considers him one of "his" projects.

Kaladin

Vince is kind of right. Bryan didn't have mic skills and ability to show his character and personality like he does now back in the indies. I'm not saying he wasn't charismatic in ROH or wherever, but he certainly was better known as a ring technician over his character.

Bloodwake

Vince is kind of right. Bryan didn't have mic skills and ability to show his character and personality like he does now back in the indies. I'm not saying he wasn't charismatic in ROH or wherever, but he certainly was better known as a ring technician over his character.

I second this. Bryan has definitely improved on his mic skills and characterization since he joined the WWE.

Ithil

Certainly, Bryan has come into his own in WWE and has shown a lot of charisma people didn't think possible. But how much of that is down to Vince himself?

somedevil

Until Vince loses interest and pushes another roided up buffoon instead.

Man this insult is so outdated. Who looks like that is getting pushed in the WWE? Vince has no control over hiring anymore in the WWE. Its all Triple H. Basically they are just hiring top Indie talent now. The body builder type getting hired is dead.

Bray Wyatt is getting the big push and man he is the opposite of that.

Kaladin

Certainly, Bryan has come into his own in WWE and has shown a lot of charisma people didn't think possible. But how much of that is down to Vince himself?

It doesn't have to be Vince personally. He'd take credit for anything WWE does.

somedevil

Well started to get hot when he won the title and created the Yes character. Whoever booked him on Smackdown during that time with AJ and gave him those promos should get the most credit for his rise to main event level.

Now he is on total divas next week, in a chopping wood contest with John Cena without shirts against the bella's in tiny tops. A scene set up for both the men and women audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJLxkuZ24w

While I'm on this topic, superhero movie threads are ridiculous as well. A bunch of crazies bouncing off the walls for 12 months before release only to be let down because they overhyped themselves and spoiled the entire movie by hyper-dissecting the trailers.

Pot meet kettle though because I do the same crap for certain games, and I'm sure I'll be fanboying up the joint for MIchael Mann's next movie.

BUNCH OF NERDS

Kaladin

1005901_539235316126037_1639465337_n.jpg

180px-WHY.jpg

Anth0ny

While I'm on this topic, superhero movie threads are ridiculous as well. A bunch of crazies bouncing off the walls for 12 months before release only to be let down because they overhyped themselves and spoiled the entire movie by hyper-dissecting the trailers.

Pot meet kettle though because I do the same crap for certain games, and I'm sure I'll be fanboying up the joint for MIchael Mann's next movie.

BUNCH OF NERDS

even worse: crazies that overhyped themselves, movie comes out, is HORRIBLE, yet they convince themselves it was awesome

god damn man of steel was horrible

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I still have no idea what the WWE plans to do with Cens vs. Bryan. The most likely outcome would be Bryan about to beat Cena, only to have Orton cash-in. However does the WWE want to take the belt off Cena?

No way Cena pins Bryan cleanly. In my gut i don't see Bryan winning either, even though he is way over. The WWE should just pull the trigger to see if he's a top draw.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
even worse: crazies that overhyped themselves, movie comes out, is HORRIBLE, yet they convince themselves it was awesome

god damn man of steel was horrible
it's funny to see how critical gaf is of games but all the shit they forgive with movies

pacific rim was shit and i dont even mean 'lol its not meant ot be deep bro' i mean it was bad kaiju. go watch your evangelion you fucking nerds

it's funny to see how critical gaf is of games but all the shit they forgive with movies

pacific rim was shit and i dont even mean 'lol its not meant ot be deep bro' i mean it was bad kaiju. go watch your evangelion you fucking nerds

fcQ8T0r.gif

i don't ever watch kaiju movies or these silly animes so i liked it a lot

His heel run in ROH was all about him running his mouth.

What you observed from him in ROH had nothing to do with the quality of his mic work though. The fact that he was more appreciated for his technical wrestling skill than his character development simply speaks to the wrestling-first focus of the product and the hardcore ROH fan base at that time than anything else.

I'll fully admit to being more critical of games. They require a bigger time and money investment so when I ain't happy with em, i ain't happy with em.

And PacRim was a ton of fun and probably the best blockbuster this year. Ain't nobody got time for Evangelion and all that emo psycho babble.

Oh and uhhh.......wrestling.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone watch GLOW: The Story of the Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling documentary? Worth renting or buying? I know Steve Austin likes it, but he got beat by a fly and I just don't know about him any more.

I feel like seeing something wrestling related, but I want something I haven't seen before (which is most everything at this point) and neither WWE nor NJPW have anything of note coming until September.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
what is this leo kruger guy about

A hunter from South Africa that grew bored with simple beasts, first from just shooting to them, to tired of even fighting them with his bare hands. So he decides to start fighting other men and that sated him for a bit. Alas one day he returned to South Africa to regroup himself, but spent too much time outdoors in the hot sun and went quite simply mad. Yes it finally happened, he went simply made, oh dear.

He's actually a good character in the "something not right about him" and has a good technical background, with the pedigree of being one of Regal's guys since he started in FCW/NXT. I could easily see him being a great mid-card guy in the Attitude Era or Ruthless Aggression era, just hunting and stalking people back stage to unnerve them . For right now, I doubt he'll be brought up any time soon with the Wyatt family and Shield/Ambrose going for that not normal stalkers/attackers.

A FCW match from some time ago, Leakee (Roman Reigns now) vs. Leo Kruger
http://youtu.be/-mpNIADJv14

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
When coming up with his name, he was told to name his favorite actor and favorite movie character.
I don't know if you're lying!
A hunter from South Africa that grew bored with simple beasts, first from just shooting to them, to tired of even fighting them with his bare hands. So he decides to start fighting other men and that sated him for a bit.

Alas one day he returned to South Africa to regroup himself, but spent too much time outdoors in the hot sun and went quite simply mad. Yes it finally happened, he went simply made, oh dear.

He's actually a good character in the "something not right about him" and has a good technical background, with the pedigree of being one of Regal's guys since he started in FCW/NXT.
Neat, thanks.

In 50 years when Sami Zayn is talking to his grandchildren, he will tell them stories about the day he had the chance to team with Bo.

It'll go something like this: "See this photograph? If you ever see a man with a face like this, don't get in his van, don't accept any gifts from him, just run and tell your parents, a teacher, or a policeman."

Penguin

Well started to get hot when he won the title and created the Yes character. Whoever booked him on Smackdown during that time with AJ and gave him those promos should get the most credit for his rise to main event level.

Now he is on total divas next week, in a chopping wood contest with John Cena without shirts against the bella's in tiny tops. A scene set up for both the men and women audience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJLxkuZ24w

I believe, and could be wrong, that the over exaggerated celebration/YES stuff was actually Vince's idea.

somedevil

I believe, and could be wrong, that the over exaggerated celebration/YES stuff was actually Vince's idea.

I believe Vince wanted to do something annoying when he turned heel, but Bryan created the Yes stuff because he got it from Diego Sanchez who did the Yes thing in MMA.

Ithil

No, that was Bryan. He got the idea from Diego Sanchez, who used to state "YES" as he walked to the ring for fights. Bryan changed how it was used, but the idea of a heel saying yes to psych himself up and annoy others was how Bryan started it.

krae_man

Man this insult is so outdated. Who looks like that is getting pushed in the WWE? Vince has no control over hiring anymore in the WWE. Its all Triple H. Basically they are just hiring top Indie talent now. The body builder type getting hired is dead.

Bray Wyatt is getting the big push and man he is the opposite of that.

I don't watch NXT but a quick look at the talent roster shows a ton of 300lb bulky wrestlers. You're acting like it's all 200lb indies. I can easily see Big E squashing Daniel when the times comes for Big E's push.

As for the main roster, apart from Big E the Roided up body builder types on there consist of : Ryback, Sheamus, Cena, Roman Reigns, Brock Lesner, Titus O'Neil, Ezekiel Jackson, Jack Swagger, HHH, and there's tons of people who are just bigger like Wade Barrett, Randy Orton, Mark Henry etc. Not to mention a huge chunk of the roster is still 6'3"+

Ithil

Have we decided what will be on the little plate things on the WWE Championship when D-Bry wins?

YES and NO of course.

I don't watch NXT but a quick look at the talent roster shows a ton of 300lb bulky wrestlers. You're acting like it's all 200lb indies.

I can easily see Big E squashing Daniel when the times comes for Big E's push.

Big E is currently getting bested by 200 pound Dolph Ziggler every week. Plus Big E is legitimately talented and charismatic, if his push comes, he'll deserve it.

Kaladin

I don't watch NXT but a quick look at the talent roster shows a ton of 300lb bulky wrestlers. You're acting like it's all 200lb indies.

I can easily see Big E squashing Daniel when the times comes for Big E's push.

They may have larger wrestlers on the roster, but the main talent on NXT are the smaller guys.

Top Bottom