• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

tm24

Here is the August1warning guy from TNA voice normalized. Can anyone here tell who's voice it is? Also, people are claiming it might be Davey Richards. Not sure if that is good or bad for TNA.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xege9suQEps

Does kinda sound like Davey

Also, Harley is probably the most famous comic book character created in the last 20 years, even though she's not really a comic book character, but yeah, she's close enough

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Riddler is underrated.

Best Batman is 60s live-action. Also had the best Joker. These are irrefutable facts. Go get your emo Bantmans on somewhere else, I'm all about bright colors, wicked puns, and great leaps of logic.

JFWh44c.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
You know Harley's more popular than any of the movie villains except Joker, right?

Ask someone to name Batman characters and they'll say Batman, Joker, Robin, Catwoman, Harley.

I am not from the US, how did she get to be so popular over there?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
have you read Batman '66?

Read? *snorts*

I don't really bother with Batman books. I've tried but a lot of it is really overwrought. I have no real interest in reading anything like the TV show from the 60s though. There's a tone that can't be conveyed in print that I absolutely love.

strobogo

Banned
I think characters in TAS and the Arkham series should be considered mainstream now. TAS is among the most popular comic based cartoons and has more or less been airing somewhere for 20 years now. Kids of 3 generations have seen it and are familiar with it, so they should be familiar with Harley Quinn even if they've never read comics. And then she was in the Arkham games, which are super popular. Harley Quinn is for sure mainstream.

Animated series, very marketable, SUPER popular with cosplayers

Read? *snorts*

I don't really bother with Batman books. I've tried but a lot of it is really overwrought. I have no real interest in reading anything like the TV show from the 60s though. There's a tone that can't be conveyed in print that I absolutely love.

i see you post in the comics thread, you ain't fooling no one

i haven't gotten around to reading it myself, but it's one of those digital books that flows real well like it's in motion, i can't really explain it

but i feel ya

tm24

Also, is a good female comic character. I would be willing to bet Harley is more mainstream than Wonder Woman

I think characters in TAS and the Arkham series should be considered mainstream now. TAS is among the most popular comic based cartoons and has more or less been airing somewhere for 20 years now. Kids of 3 generations have seen it and are familiar with it, so they should be familiar with Harley Quinn even if they've never read comics. And then she was in the Arkham games, which are super popular. Harley Quinn is for sure mainstream.
Are you saying AJ isn't a legit geek?

strobogo

Banned
There was a time when I would only want the hardcore, REAL, GRITTY Batman, but Brave and the Bold reminded me how much I love the ridiculous 60s style. I watched it all the fucking time as a kid. I also had the Scooby Doo/Batman cross over and would watch it frequently. It was that style of Batman that initially made me a fan. Even though DCAU Batman is clearly the best, I do love that goofy shit.

Also, is a good female comic character. I would be willing to bet Harley is more mainstream than Wonder Woman

I don't know. Everyone knows of Wonder Woman, but I would say more people know more about the character of Harley Quinn.

There's no reason to think AJ Lee's nerdiness is fake because WWE would've been played that shit up by now. See: vegan, nerd, no TV Bryan.

No. There's no reason to think AJ's nerdiness is fake, because way back when, before she was anybody, on her own volition, SHE WAS DATING JAY LETHAL.

That's absolute proof. Nobody can possibly explain that away.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Katey Sagal?

... :(

i haven't gotten around to reading it myself, but it's one of those digital books that flows real well like it's in motion, i can't really explain it

but i feel ya

I'll make an effort to give it a try.

Says a lot more about how badly WW has been handled since the 80s :( Lynda Carter was so good!

Unrelated:
N2A4yUt.png

Kaladin

Which character would you consider more mainstream? Bane or Harley Quinn?

Honestly, I don't remember that much of Bane from the last movie.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Batman TAS was a HUGE part of everyone's childhood. At one point, it was probably the most popular cartoon on Cartoon Network. They had toys, games, etc, and Harley was a big part of all of them.

Also, anytime there's a convention on the news, there's ALWAYS a Harley costume.

jmdajr

Riddler is underrated.

Best Batman is 60s live-action. Also had the best Joker. These are irrefutable facts. Go get your emo Bantmans on somewhere else, I'm all about bright colors, wicked puns, and great leaps of logic.

JFWh44c.jpg

yeah yeah we know why

tumblr_llwqonUCAC1qjcq1co1_400.jpg

Read? *snorts*

give it a try its on 99 cents and really good

it uses more omored digital techniques.

Kaladin

I find it interesting that most people wouldn't know that both Batman and Superman have died in their comics before. Superman's death was a big event, covered in national media, but most people these days won't remember it. Batman's death wasn't as big and more recent, but if you don't read the comics you probably don't even remember.

jmdajr

Mostly knew Batman from TV, then animation/videogames. It was only recently that I got a few graphic novels. Outside of Marvel, only character I have read in the DC universe.

strobogo

Banned
I find it interesting that most people wouldn't know that both Batman and Superman have died in their comics before. Superman's death was a big event, covered in national media, but most people these days won't remember it. Batman's death wasn't as big and more recent, but if you don't read the comics you probably don't even remember.

I knew of The Death of Superman from the game, not the comics. As a kid, I really only kept up on characters via games and cartoons. I only randomly picked up random comics once in a while.

tm24

I see he has been pulled from BOLA, so it could be him.
Yeah, just saw that. Kinda bummed about that

Spoilers son!

Yeah. but Batman didn't die though!

Aiii

So not worth it

I always thought those two are the more well known comic book storylines actually, along with Venom's storyline and the original Phoenix storyline.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Superman is excellent. I used to think him boring, until I read some Supes books that had good writers, and there's a ton of depth to him. Those of you who think he's boring, check again, because you might be surprised how good he is when given a great story.

Aiii

So not worth it
Superman is excellent. I used to think him boring, until I read some Supes books that had good writers, and there's a ton of depth to him. Those of you who think he's boring, check again, because you might be surprised how good he is when given a great story.

Fine, recommend me the best arc in your opinnion and I'll read it.

Superman:Brainic and Superman and the legion by geoff johns is really good.

also Paul Cornells lex luthor action comics run is worth a look

tm24

No, Superman is boring. Superman stories are great. Alternate Supermen are amazing though

Kaladin

Watch the All Star Superman DC Animated movie....or read the comic. That movie / story is one of the better Superman stories I've seen on the screen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kingdom Come is great all around and is really the kind of story that Superman is made for.

Just finished this the other day and absolutely loved it.

No, Superman is boring. Superman stories are great. Alternate Supermen are amazing though

Bah! Yes alternate Supermen are awesome. This is true.

TBH Aiii it's not so much specific Superman tpbs or whatnot that show off how good he is as a character, it's almost always when he's in the mix with a bunch of others that he gets a real chance to be interesting.

Sokantish

Even if the AJ being a nerd thing is an act, why do people care?

I bet Del Rio doesn't even own all those cars either. Also, I'm startintg to think that Bray Wyatt might not really be a cult leader, guys. Something about the whole thing seems off.

Super Man red son is alo really good.

If you ar looking for an altarnative i recomaned Iredeemble by Mrk Waid. Superman written by the biggest superman fanboy.

really good stuff

Top Bottom