• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This makes no sense from any point of view Sunny.
Cena leaves, Bryan lost and Orton beat Cena. What is the storyline coming out of SummerSlam? It was always obvious Bryan is supposed to be their second top babyface coming out of this and feuding with Orton over the belt. I think Bryan beats both Cena and Orton this sunday.

That'd put Bryan in the chase, and gives Randallllll a chance to get over heavy as a heel. I think it makes sense. It's obviously a worst-case scenario for the IWC but shit. Worse bookings have come from this.

And Triple H has to grudgingly count to three as Orton wiiiiins

Aiii

So not worth it
I hope that guy puts the SummerSlam results on Reddit before the PPV.

Wouldn't mind having a cheeky bet.

They apparently caught that guy weeks ago and he vowed to stop doing it. So no such luck.

You're only chance is the betting themselves.

FYI guys, if this does happen, fuck kindly off with your spoilers and keep them out of the SummerSlam thread. Because so help me God, if you ruin SummerSlam for me I will find out where you live and do unspeakable things to you.

Aiii

So not worth it
That'd put Bryan in the chase, and gives Randallllll a chance to get over heavy as a heel. I think it makes sense. It's obviously a worst-case scenario for the IWC but shit. Worse bookings have come from this.

And Triple H has to grudgingly count to three as Orton wiiiiins

If Bryan loses to Cena and Cena loses the belt to Orton that doesn't put Bryan in the chase. He legit lost to the other guy.

If Bryan won and Orton cashed in, that would invoke the rematch clause and put him in the chase.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You can't spoil Summerslam. It just can't be done. That ish is live. Everything else is just speculation. It can be well-informed speculation (who thinks Kane is winning?) but it's speculation nevertheless. They've been known to go with things that buck the speculation and then the Raw right after, make things happen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If Bryan loses to Cena and Cena loses the belt to Orton that doesn't put Bryan in the chase. He legit lost to the other guy.

If Bryan won and Orton cashed in, that would invoke the rematch clause and put him in the chase.

Could go either way. Obviously what makes the most sense is Cena drops belt to Bryan, Randy cashes in. But the worst case scenario is Bryan gets jack shit.

Aiii

So not worth it
You can't spoil Summerslam. It just can't be done. That ish is live. Everything else is just speculation. It can be well-informed speculation (who thinks Kane is winning?) but it's speculation nevertheless. They've been known to go with things that buck the speculation and then the Raw right after, make things happen.

It happened three PPV's in a row though, luckily I managed to avoid spoilers for MitB, but they were there and they did spoil some people who clicked the spoiler tags.

The subsequent discussion nearly spoiled me, but I closed the tab just in time. Phew.

XenoRaven

My friend told me HHH inserted himself into the Bryan/Cena angle and now I don't want to order Summerslam anymore. Am I overreacting?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I still feel you can't spoil live events, especially with Raw coming on the heels of any WWE PPV.

They can always, (and have before) turned a sure thing around in 24 hours. Cena will probably win tomorrow. Randy won't cash in. Then shit goes down at Raw.

My friend told me HHH inserted himself into the Bryan/Cena angle and now I don't want to order Summerslam anymore. Am I overreacting?

No, I did the same thing. I can't express how much I was turned off at giving a shit about the main event after that segment. I shut off Raw shortly after. It just isn't fun. I think I was spoiled by NJPW this past 2 weeks.

Aiii

So not worth it
Could go either way. Obviously what makes the most sense is Cena drops belt to Bryan, Randy cashes in. But the worst case scenario is Bryan gets jack shit.

Disagree that it's the worst case scenario. That scenario makes Bryan a former WWE champion, makes him even more over and makes Orton the biggest heel in the company.

I'm fine if they do that. Bryan will get his run around Survivor Series and that pop will be even bigger than the one he'll get at SummerSlam.

Aiii

So not worth it
I still feel you can't spoil live events, especially with Raw coming on the heels of any WWE PPV.

They can always, (and have before) turned a sure thing around in 24 hours. Cena will probably win tomorrow. Randy won't cash in. Then shit goes down at Raw.

They stopped doing that three months ago, when they started long-term booking again.

Sure, this whole spoiling business might put them in the mood to do a swerve on one of the matches, but I think they'll stick with what they're doing based solely on how positive people are about the product right now. Plus, ratings have been going up in part because of that too.

DMczaf

Why is Triple H in the main event angle?

Why is RVD in a preshow match?

Why does Randy Orton continue to not wear pants?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They stopped doing that three months ago, when they started long-term booking again.

Sure, this whole spoiling business might put them in the mood to do a swerve on one of the matches, but I think they'll stick with what they're doing based solely on how positive people are about the product right now. Plus, ratings have been going up in part because of that too.

I thought ratings were continuing downwards. Maybe I have that mixed up with PPV buyrates.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
IWC watching Summerslam as Bryan gets fucked:

l3D8LIx.gif

XenoRaven

I really want to see Punk vs. Brock, but this is the kind of thing that tells me this company won't change. It'll keep doing the same shit, just with more "edgy" characters. Like Fandango.

somedevil

Yes you are. I'm ordering to support Bryan. People like to forget how WWE was in 2010-2012. This show is a hell a lot better now then during that time.

Also for Buyrates it like this compared to last year:

Royal Rumble: Up
Extreme Rules: Up
WrestleMania: Down
Extreme Rules: Down 30,000
Payback: Down 8,000

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Everything post-Rumble on the way to Wrasslemanier was a letdown. Everyone was hot for Rock vs Punk and then fizzled when Rocky got the win. All the energy was sucked out of the fans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
LOL, okay Wade/Dave. are you gonna get banned for a third time now? Guess you're safe till Beef gets here.

Wade Keller's been around for a minute, I highly doubt that's Meltzer. He PMed me via Twitter a ways back and said he was done and lost his smile, so I bet he's out.

strobogo

Banned
Cena's elbow has been bad for a while now. Let's keep putting him in a tables match every night for 3 months. Makes a ton of sense. Since he's been hurt for months, they should have had him do comedy main events with The Mad Ox or something instead of physical tables matches.

It doesn't surprise me that Cena would have a bad elbow since he's been taking all of his bumps for years by bracing with it and his hip. He hasn't taken a flat back bump since 2008.

DMczaf

Everything post-Rumble on the way to Wrasslemanier was a letdown. Everyone was hot for Rock vs Punk and then fizzled when Rocky got the win. All the energy was sucked out of the fans.

Obviously it was because Punk sucked the heat out of Rock/Cena. [/Meltzer]

DMczaf

Cena's elbow has been bad for a while now. Let's keep putting him in a tables match every night for 3 months. Makes a ton of sense. Since he's been hurt for months, they should have had him do comedy main events with The Mad Ox or something instead of physical tables matches.

It doesn't surprise me that Cena would have a bad elbow since he's been taking all of his bumps for years by bracing with it and his hip. He hasn't taken a flat back bump since 2008.

You wanna know why he doesn't take flat back bumps?

Because HE'S NOT A WRESTLER.

So I just got around to watching the finals of the GWF #EqualityCup

Kinda funny that after no one treated me like a contender I'd go all the way and prove that I'm the best damn bloodletter in that ring. Of course I've been saying that to management this whole time and they stuck me with "Instrumental 2Cool Theme" and "Matt Hardy Entrance taunts".

Sometimes man... this business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So I just got around to watching the finals of the GWF #EqualityCup

Kinda funny that after no one treated me like a contender I'd go all the way and prove that I'm the best damn bloodletter in that ring. Of course I've been saying that to management this whole time and they stuck me with "Instrumental 2Cool Theme" and "Matt Hardy Entrance taunts".

Sometimes man... this business.

You did it brah. Our first Cat Champion of the Equality Cup gives hope to possible furries and felines the world over.

Management has said they will be retooling your character to play off this huge win over The Frankman, who has claimed his Twitter account was hacked, after Frankman posted that he hoped "queers and rodents lose" - whether he actually was hacked remains to be seen.

krae_man

This makes no sense from any point of view Sunny.
Cena leaves, Bryan lost and Orton beat Cena. What is the storyline coming out of SummerSlam? It was always obvious Bryan is supposed to be their second top babyface coming out of this and feuding with Orton over the belt. I think Bryan beats both Cena and Orton this sunday.

HHH is going over on Sunday, not Bryan. Match will be too much of a clusterfuck for any good to come to Bryan from it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HHH is going over on Sunday, not Bryan. Match will be too much of a clusterfuck for anything good to come to Bryan from it.

That's probably the biggest takeaway. It's all about the game.

Daniel Bryan gave a hell of a promo last night.

Paul Heyman is in a class of his own. I have been so happy to see him in front of a camera lately. We are so lucky.

I noticed a lot of you are finally giving Brock some credit, I didn't see that coming. Dude gets a bad wrap because of his scheduled, and pay; but he is always solid.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Bryan gave a hell of a promo last night.

Paul Heyman is in a class of his own. I have been so happy to see him in front of a camera lately. We are so lucky.

I noticed a lot of you are finally giving Brock some credit, I didn't see that coming. Dude gets a bad wrap because of his scheduled, and pay; but he is always solid.

If you've seen Bork speak in UFC you know he can talk, so fucking funny that dude, my goodness. I love Bork on the mic.

Bryan heel turn at SS. Becomes a ruthless wrestling machine who works with Vince to get a title. Cuts a promo about how he doesn't give a shit about anyone.

Then on Total Divas, has sex with the other Bella Twin in front of Cena.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bryan heel turn at SS. Becomes a ruthless wrestling machine who works with Vince to get a title. Cuts a promo about how he doesn't give a shit about anyone.

Then on Total Divas, has sex with the other Bella Twin in front of Cena.

tLEvMCC.jpg

Top Bottom