• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

I don't work for WWE, but I did write the story for Fast Lane.

Posted here a couple of times, off and on, and have been into THIS BUSINESS for damn near my whole life. Place I work at got the opportunity to create a racing game for John Cena a few months ago and, thankfully, I got to craft the story supporting the racing.

Tried to insert a lot of wrestling love into the back and forth. There's later levels with racer/wrestlers and referee car-enthusiasts you challenge, along with a bit of Punch-Out style "return of Don" moments. It was a LOT of fun to do...WWE was great to work with on the creative side and I think we made a pretty fun game.

That said, I wanted to get "legit shook" into the game since the first draft. Think of it as a "thank you" for the support, the many links Bootay provides for NJPW, and being one of the best communities on GAF. Handshakes all around. Hope you guys play the game and dig it.

Also, Fav Five Time:
1. Daniel Bryan
2. Antonio Cesaro
3. Prince Devitt
4. Sami Zayn/El Generico
5. CM Punk

also reposting this because it needs more love

Forkball

Of course, the title match is completely overbooked. You don't need Vince or Maddox or HHH in it. A straight up Bryan vs. Cena for the title match is already interesting enough and a lot of people are engaged by that concept alone. The cash in does add some element to it as well... but no one is excited about the McMahons shoving themselves into this match, it simply doesn't need it.

Also I have no idea why you don't have RVD vs. Del Rio for the title. A Del Rio win over RVD would help cement him as a top-tier heel. I don't think the general audience really cares about Christian at all, but RVD is still somewhat fresh and he's been booked pretty well since coming back. Honestly, Del Rio needs the bump from RVD way more than Ambrose who is clearly more over than Del Rio is.

Razorskin

----- ------
Bryan heel turn at SS. Becomes a ruthless wrestling machine who works with Vince to get a title. Cuts a promo about how he doesn't give a shit about anyone.

Then on Total Divas, has sex with the other Bella Twin in front of Cena.

Reality: Cena wins clean, has threesome with the Bellas as Bryan walks in, yells "THE CHAMP IS HEREE".

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
When you have a compelling matchup like Bryan vs Cena, and HHH appears, it makes me immediately think "Well how will they fuck this up? HHH is there so he's there for a reason."

You don't get a special ref to call it down the middle unless it's a rudo ref trying to change his ways and shows he can be honest. It's bullshit. I already don't care about the result because it'll have Trips Stank all over it. It's HIS.

I noticed a lot of you are finally giving Brock some credit, I didn't see that coming. Dude gets a bad wrap because of his scheduled, and pay; but he is always solid.

Huh? I don't think anyone has ever thought badly of Brock since his comeback, the dude gives it his all and does his best to earn what they're giving him. I think the problem people have had was his booking against Super Cena and then parking him next to the Triple H for half a year, as Triple H is basically a black hole that sucks up any fun from the program.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One of my favorite things was when running the GWF Preshow, we cut to Strobogo's montage of Kanyon Cutters - and it warmed my heart to see thousands of people watching it.

You do good work, Positively Strobogo. Good work. Kanyon smiles down from above.

Young Bucks are the best tag team in wrestling

icnPmqHNMc59U.gif

Forkball

Huh? I don't think anyone has ever thought badly of Brock since his comeback, the dude gives it his all and does his best to earn what they're giving him. I think the problem people have had was his booking against Super Cena and then parking him next to the Triple H for half a year, as Triple H is basically a black hole that sucks up any fun from the program.

Brock should be undefeated since his return, but instead he's 2-2. He should've beaten Cena (which would have been ok in the whole "Cena is a loser" angle from last year), then gone over HHH every time (they didn't really need three matches). If you keep Brock undefeated, then the guy who finally DOES go over has a major, major moment. But nope, let's just job him out every other match.

Bryan turning into Vince's corporate heel champion would be awesome. Unfortunately I think it's going to be Orton instead. I'm prepared for an overbooked mess at the end of the match. It's sad 10 years in he still can't lose a title clean ONE FUCKING TIME. Dude is worse than Hogan.

KissVibes

Banned
Prediction:

- Vince fucks Trips up with a chair, sledgehammer, or maybe another wrestler like Mason Ryan.
- Has Maddox fast count a Cena win.
- Hits Cena with object or has wrestler beat him up.
- Vince signals for Orton to come out and cash in.
- Orton is WWE Champion after Cena kicks out twice. He'll need 3 RKOs.

Survivor Series: Triple H vs Vince

Team Hotel: Bryan, Cena, Rhodes, Disposable Face (RVD, Ziggler), Triple H

Team Vince: Orton, Axel, Sandow, Disposable Heel (Heath Slater, Del Rio, Big E, Mason Ryan), Vince

Winner gets complete control over WWE. Also, if Trips' team loses Bryan can never fight for the WWE Championship ever again. If Vince's team loses, Orton has to defend the title at the next PPV versus Cena.

strobogo

Banned
One of my favorite things was when running the GWF Preshow, we cut to Strobogo's montage of Kanyon Cutters - and it warmed my heart to see thousands of people watching it.

You do good work, Positively Strobogo. Good work. Kanyon smiles down from above.

I get so exited when I get comments on it. More people have watched it than all of my reviews combined. Which is kind of a bummer in a way.

Daniel Bryan gave a hell of a promo last night.

Paul Heyman is in a class of his own. I have been so happy to see him in front of a camera lately. We are so lucky.

I noticed a lot of you are finally giving Brock some credit, I didn't see that coming. Dude gets a bad wrap because of his scheduled, and pay; but he is always solid.

Bork is awesome and has been awesome since literally day one of his WWE debut. Anyone not giving him credit because of how he's been booked is full of PISS.

Stop saying things like this. Those two bell-bottomed idiots are on the fast road to breakdown town.

Just face it Sunny, we are friends who are bounded together by our love/hate relationship in every hobby we have

Prediction:

- Vince fucks Trips up with a chair, sledgehammer, or maybe another wrestler like Mason Ryan.
- Has Maddox fast count a Cena win.
- Hits Cena with object or has wrestler beat him up.
- Vince signals for Orton to come out and cash in.
- Orton is WWE Champion after Cena kicks out twice. He'll need 3 RKOs.

Survivor Series: Triple H vs Vince

Team Hotel: Bryan, Cena, Rhodes, Disposable Face (RVD, Ziggler), Triple H

Team Vince: Orton, Axel, Sandow, Disposable Heel (Heath Slater, Del Rio, Big E, Mason Ryan), Vince

Winner gets complete control over WWE. Also, if Trips' team loses Bryan can never fight for the WWE Championship ever again. If Vince's team loses, Orton has to defend the title at the next PPV versus Cena.

seems legit

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena is going to win and Orton beats him. Cena will be weak from having the Yes Lock applied to him 3 times.

You can't have Orton run in and beat Bryan because Bryan would have to be weak from fighting Cena or laid out. The only way that happens is if Cena lays Bryan out and he won't do that.

Save up Bryan chasing after Cena/WWE title until Wrestlemania.

Total Divas, whatever you think of the show, is proving to be a very successful television vehicle with the audience growing every week.

The third show on Sunday did 1.67 million viewers, up from 1.53 million from last week.

Total Divas is a huge hit
p0QHO.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Think they mentioned this on air last night but everybody missed it in the thread, you'll be able to order Summerslam (and presumably future PPV events) through your PS3.

Seems great for cord cutters.

Blog post makes it sound like it'll be free but obviously that won't be the case.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Total Divas, whatever you think of the show, is proving to be a very successful television vehicle with the audience growing every week.

The third show on Sunday did 1.67 million viewers, up from 1.53 million from last week.

p0QHO.gif

I will say its worth watching.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

p0QHO.gif

Zeb Colter and the Real Americans should switch gears. The real problem with America is the fact that there are people who watch Total Divas.

Also those Total Divas ratings are higher than what TNA gets for their show right?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I like it, in an awful way.

Pretty much.

I enjoy any show that takes wrasslers a little bit out of their element, anything apart from the actual show I'll probably like.

Bootaaay, don't tell me you would refuse to watch a show of Stan Hansen going to Japanese steak houses and reviewing them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Miz is absolutely a worse thing than Total Divas.

I don't think there's anybody who would watch the pilot episode of Miz TV, a 60 minute reality show about Mike "The Miz" Mizanin living his life, over Total Divas.

Cena is going to win and Orton beats him. Cena will be weak from having the Yes Lock applied to him 3 times.

You can't have Orton run in and beat Bryan because Bryan would have to be weak from fighting Cena or laid out. The only way that happens is if Cena lays Bryan out and he won't do that.

Save up Bryan chasing after Cena/WWE title until Wrestlemania.

Honestly, if we're doing pie in the sky booking, here's how I think it plays out...

Long match, Cena goes for AA, Bryan counters into small package, clean pin, champ, lalala. Bryan and Cena both sell length of match, I HEAR VOICES

Douche Orton strolls, in RKO, H reluctantly counts, peace easy. Real similar to how Punk/Cena went down.

Only thing is explaining why Cena doesn't attempt to break it up. Maybe SIERRA HOTEL (via Vince?)

Batigol

Banned
Big E, holder of the belt.

4ecz.jpg

Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge. Don't look at the buldge.

Oh hey it's like a little coin purse.

I realised yesterday I enjoy Khali and Hornswoggle more than I do Miz. Isn't that the saddest thing?

jCnkxb2.png

Look Wrasslegaf, i'm all for pointing and laughing at the The Ice Cold Natural Guy Mike the Miz Mizanin but Total Divas, Khali and Hornswoggle are a lot worse.

Aiii

So not worth it
They are worse, but I still enjoy them more than I do whatever the fuck this clusterfuck of a Face Miz is supposed to be.

Also MizTV is the absolute worst.

Total Divas is actually sorta kinda fun for what it is.

I don't think there's anybody who would watch the pilot episode of Miz TV, a 60 minute reality show about Mike "The Miz" Mizanin living his life, over Total Divas.

60 minute reality show? Nah. 30 minute road trip show? Sure. Miz probably wouldn't try to be Mr. Kennedy-lite during the latter, and he's affable when he's not cutting promos. As long as he doesn't suddenly regress to his Real World persona, he could carry a road trip show for 2-3 seasons, no problem.

LOOK AT IT!

I realised yesterday I enjoy Khali and Hornswoggle more than I do Miz. Isn't that the saddest thing?

You're one sick pup, Aiii.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did like when WWE had their Youtube deal and did 10 minute episodes of different shit. Del Rio going car "shopping" etc - just seeing the guys and girls out in the real world is fun to me.

Honestly, if we're doing pie in the sky booking, here's how I think it plays out...

Long match, Cena goes for AA, Bryan counters into small package, clean pin, champ, lalala. Bryan and Cena both sell length of match, I HEAR VOICES

Douche Orton strolls, in RKO, H reluctantly counts, peace easy. Real similar to how Punk/Cena went down.

Only thing is explaining why Cena doesn't attempt to break it up. Maybe SIERRA HOTEL (via Vince?)

Evolution 2.0

Top Bottom