• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Here's a good question for everyone, I'll need to think long and hard about this.

Who are the five most damaging characters/people/angles for WWE over the years?

5. Mr. Kennedy tries to be a company man sticking up for WWE's anti-steroid talk, gets busted on steroids while in the public eye
2. Hoggin takes the stand
1. Chris Benoit

What else?

Evolution 2.0

Oh, I dunno about that... It definitely seems like shit's going to blow up vis-a-vis Vince/H here.

One other scenario (not as likely cause of H, would've been easier with normal ref): Ref gets bumped, Vince brings in Maddox to fast count, either Cena/H prevents it, leads into AA/small package finish.

I'd bet all my SaltyBucks that Cena doesn't tap, but Bryan's been winning with those small package counters for a reason, imo. I'm pretty sure that's the finish.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh, I dunno about that... It definitely seems like shit's going to blow up vis-a-vis Vince/H here.

One other scenario (not as likely cause of H, would've been easier with normal ref): Ref gets bumped, Vince brings in Maddox to fast count, either Cena/H prevents it, leads into AA/small package finish.

I'd bet all my SaltyBucks that Cena doesn't tap, but Bryan's been winning with those small package counters for a reason, imo. I'm pretty sure that's the finish.

Yeah Cena never taps. There's a reason for the smallest of packages.

KissVibes

Banned
seems legit

Ya think?

Out of everything I thought of, that seems the most reasonable. Especially because if they really were considering Vince bringing Austin back at WM30 to destroy Triple H, booking where he's kicked out of the company at Survivor Series makes the most sense.

I might be too out there on the stipulations but WWE LOVES dumb stipulations.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
For the record I think face Miz is fucking terrible too. I just like the Miz because hes so unlikable, he was basically born to be the smarmy midcard heel. I was at the RAW where he cashed in and won the title and it was fantastic.

Bootaaay, don't tell me you would refuse to watch a show of Stan Hansen going to Japanese steak houses and reviewing them.

I'd definitely watch that. Stan Hansen's guide to Roppongi! Follow 'The Bad Man from Borger, TX' as he tours Tokyo's party district, visits some familiar faces from his wrasslin' past and meets up with whichever touring gaijins are in town, trading drinks and stories with the men and women living the prowres lifestyle.

I did try and watch total divas, but good god, that's some excruciating television.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Also the Power Bombcast is legit. Really enjoyed that. Jeff's hatred for Brock Lesnar made me pretty mad (although hes pretty much right).

Punk/Brock and Cena/Bryan (with the exception of HHH/McMahon injection) has been booked really well. I can see it going either way.

Ya think?

Out of everything I thought of, that seems the most reasonable. Especially because if they really were considering Vince bringing Austin back at WM30 to destroy Triple H, booking where he's kicked out of the company at Survivor Series makes the most sense.

I might be too out there on the stipulations but WWE LOVES dumb stipulations.

It is out there but it isn't something that I don't see not happening. A Vince Team vs HHH team at SurvSer isn't crazy.

KissVibes

Banned
Here's a good question for everyone, I'll need to think long and hard about this.

Who are the five most damaging characters/people/angles for WWE over the years?

5. Mr. Kennedy tries to be a company man sticking up for WWE's anti-steroid talk, gets busted on steroids while in the public eye
2. Hoggin takes the stand
1. Chris Benoit

What else?

Pillman's got a gun?

Owen Hart Dies?

Steve Austin bailing on WWE?

Phil Donahue's show?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'd definitely watch that. Stan Hansen's guide to Roppongi! Follow 'The Bad Man from Borger, TX' as he tours Tokyo's party district, visits some familiar faces from his wrasslin' past and meets up with whichever touring gaijins are in town, trading drinks and stories with the men and women living the prowres lifestyle.

I did try and watch total divas, but good god, that's some excruciating television.

I just don't mind it at all. Not giving much of a shit about the characters helps. I do envy Cena's mansion though.

Hmmm... I need a new av.

Prolly one of Swagamura.

Will get you set soon.

Also the Power Bombcast is legit. Really enjoyed that. Jeff's hatred for Brock Lesnar made me pretty mad (although hes pretty much right).

Agh! Unfortunate it's behind a paywall. :(

Pillman's got a gun?

Owen Hart Dies?

Steve Austin bailing on WWE?

Phil Donahue's show?

I remember Vince coming off awfully well on Donahue, I should watch it again. Austin's leaving was pretty important though. When shit was going down with him beating up Debra, that didn't help.

Owen Hart dying was a shame but wasn't really grimy at all. Just a sad accident - and I don't think it damaged WWE more than them losing one of their guys. It didn't have far-reaching effects unless I'm just not informed.

Has anyone tried the 360 stream before?

I'm tempted to try the PS3 stream. And these professional press conferences are so lame. Let some damn fans in.

tumblr_mrdyrjzjbn1qhjbxeo1_250.gif

lol

Will get you set soon.

<3

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
promoting a tv show on at the same time as the ppv at the ppv press conference?

dafuck

Aiii

So not worth it
Has anyone tried the 360 stream before?

I'm tempted to try the PS3 stream. And these professional press conferences are so lame. Let some damn fans in.

Remember the Xbox One press conference with the fake cheering, it would be like that really.

gurudyne

FYI guys, if this does happen, fuck kindly off with your spoilers and keep them out of the SummerSlam thread. Because so help me God, if you ruin SummerSlam for me I will find out where you live and do unspeakable things to you.

I agree. Completely ruined the MitB thread when someone posted that crap.

Awesome, found a copy of the 1995 G1 - lots of goodies in this one, Flair vs Chono, Hashimoto vs Norton, Tenzan vs Sasaki, Flair vs Mutoh, Sasaki vs Norton, Flair vs Tenzan, etc.

So the referee involved in the botched AJ/Natalya finish went crazy on his Facebook page.

Funny how "amateur", "indie", and "unemployed former refs" think they know it all but have NO IDEA. There's a reason your where your at and I'm where I'm at, "a professional referee with the number one entertainment company in the world. I'm the now, your yester year. Keep your opinions to yourself cause I'm definitely not taking advice from someone with less experience and not at a level I am, so continue to hate and I'll continue to work tv's and pay per view. Enjoy your life cause I'm loving mine!

I think he'd be better served to just shut up, honestly.

Aiii

So not worth it
Clearly Natalya broke the hold before AJ tapped, so you can't even really blame him as he was right in not counting it. He should've taken the high road.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Awesome, found a copy of the 1995 G1 - lots of goodies in this one, Flair vs Chono, Hashimoto vs Norton, Tenzan vs Sasaki, Flair vs Mutoh, Sasaki vs Norton, Flair vs Tenzan, etc.

No Buff Bagwell no sale!

Just kidding, sounds SO good.

I guess the people that made the Big E Pony made one for AJ.

That means they probably fucked it before they gave it to her. Sickening people.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
I wonder if they plan to give Nat the divas title since Total Divas is a hit. It will shine more attention to the show and maybe she could feud with the twins in a bigger stage.

Sokantish

did th e GB guys only talk about wwe?

Pretty much, one of them did say that Chikara and DDT were their favorites, they talked a little about WWE 2k14 and then that video game wrestling league thing that Beef loves, I can't remember what it's called. They said they were going to talk a lot more about that next month

Top Bottom