• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

A guy who I work with is a weightlifter and his bench press record is 200 kg, that is about 440 lbs. He sure looks big, but not nearly as freaking huge as Big E. Something's got to be wrong here.

Genetics, drugs, training for size as opposed to strength.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 8/12 show:

Hour 1 - 3.743 million
Hour 2 - 4.273 million
Hour 3 - 4.317 million

Avg: 4.111

Well it show that there is interest in the top two matches for Summerslam

A guy who I work with is a weightlifter and his bench press record is 200 kg, that is about 440 lbs. He sure looks big, but not nearly as freaking huge as Big E. Something's got to be wrong here.

Langston's record is 529

Second edit: actually apparently it's 575 but not in a competition setting

Aiii

So not worth it
I thought Big E was a legit powerlifter? They gotta be strict about this shit.

He is and a national champ at that. Ever consider your coworker might be not entirely truthful about his accomplishments?

Besides, it's not even Big E's limit.

nappy

Neo Member
Second edit: actually apparently it's 575 but not in a competition setting

Ah, now that makes sense, it's freakish.

Ever consider your coworker might be not entirely truthful about his accomplishments?

I was legit shook when I heard that, but then there was another guy who'd seen him at the competition, so no reason to suspect them both lying just to impress some random-ish dude (me).

And the guy actually looks like 2 x me wide, no shit.

Cagey

Banned

1. Big E. is pretty lean for a monster powerlifter, so muscle-wise he looks enormous.
2. The difference between 440 and 520 (let alone 575) is stupidly big.

Striker

Hornswoggle might be one of the 5 worst things in WWE history.
Related: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=_592PnfVy1Q&t=2968 JBL's commentary

Bryan heel turn at SS. Becomes a ruthless wrestling machine who works with Vince to get a title. Cuts a promo about how he doesn't give a shit about anyone.

Then on Total Divas, has sex with the other Bella Twin in front of Cena.
I'm wondering how to turn him - but I hate them propping up Cena and pushing the opposing guy heel, more often because he's one of the most over guys in the show. It's like they're afraid of face vs. face feud, or at least with Cena included.

Snaku

Banned
Finally catching up on the last few months of WWE; a far less tedious task than I thought it would be thanks to CliffsNotes Raw on Hulu Plus. The energy and build up behind Daniel Bryan has just been amazing, but I just know they're gonna fuck it up. Even if D-Bry wins the title, I can only see it ending in an abbreviated 24-hour or less title run a la Kane '98.

Speaking of which, I really hope Triple G puts on a good show at SS. I know he's going to put Bray over big time, cause that's what Kane do, but I hope they come up with a really cool finish. Maybe use body double trickery to set him completely on fire, so when he comes back after his filming hiatus he can return in full OG Kane gear.

somedevil

Finally catching up on the last few months of WWE; a far less tedious task than I thought it would be thanks to CliffsNotes Raw on Hulu Plus. The energy and build up behind Daniel Bryan has just been amazing, but I just know they're gonna fuck it up. Even if D-Bry wins the title, I can only see it ending in an abbreviated 24-hour or less title run a la Kane '98.

Speaking of which, I really hope Triple G puts on a good show at SS. I know he's going to put Bray over big time, cause that's what Kane do, but I hope they come up with a really cool finish. Maybe use body double trickery to set him completely on fire, so when he comes back after his filming hiatus he can return in full OG Kane gear.

Well with all the Cena rumors all people basically know is he is not leaving Summerslam with the title.

Also, rating of Raw was a 3.0:

The first hour of Raw produced a 2.7 rating, hour two delivered a 3.0 rating, and the final hour scored a 3.2 rating. The overrun did a 3.5

Basically, they realized fans have to know that Brock will be there to get ratings.

Aiii

So not worth it
3.0 can't be right, because I just said Raw ratings were going up and people told me I was wrong and ratings are going down.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Xfinity OnDemand has a bunch of Summerslam matches up for free and that stupid theme song from last year

9ivb87.jpg.gif

Anth0ny

okay new prediction for summer slam main event that i daydreamed during work, mr. h remix:

bryan on the verge of pinning cena, triple h interferes, delivers the pedigree.

ONE

TWO

THREEITSOVE-BAH GAWD HE KICKED OUT HE KICKED OUT

mr h is furious, cena comes to and is pissed at hunter's lack of honor, tells cena he's just doing what's right FOR THE BUSINESS

bryan goes for cena while his back is turned, cena is aware and goes into his finisher, REVERSAL, YES LOCK, CENA TAPS

i hear voices in my head they tlblkaglkjdlfkjaslkvj they talk to me

orton cashes in on an exhausted bryan, sets him up for the rko, REVERSAL, YES LOCK, ORTON TAPS

bryan is god

or maybe cena wins clean. yeah cena wins clean.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena hasn't won a match while Triple H is the guest ref at a Summerslam

Maybe this 2 year build up of Triple H screwing Cena will lead Cena to get powerbombed by Nash and we finally have the new nWo.

okay new prediction for summer slam main event that i daydreamed during work, mr. h remix:

bryan on the verge of pinning cena, triple h interferes, delivers the pedigree.

ONE

TWO

THREEITSOVE-BAH GAWD HE KICKED OUT HE KICKED OUT

mr h is furious, cena comes to and is pissed at hunter's lack of honor, tells cena he's just doing what's right FOR THE BUSINESS

bryan goes for cena while his back is turned, cena is aware and goes into his finisher, REVERSAL, YES LOCK, CENA TAPS

i hear voices in my head they tlblkaglkjdlfkjaslkvj they talk to me

orton cashes in on an exhausted bryan, sets him up for the rko, REVERSAL, YES LOCK, ORTON TAPS

bryan is god

or maybe cena wins clean. yeah cena wins clean.

I think its going to go like this.

5 moves of doom. Bryan gets pinned.
Orton will not actually cash it in.

Are we allowed to discuss wrestling torrent sites here? I don't wanna talk about the actual sites, just the drama surrounding em. Apparently crazy shit is flying now and it's hilarity. :p I can leave out names and such, but it's so silly

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are we allowed to discuss wrestling torrent sites here? I don't wanna talk about the actual sites, just the drama surrounding em. Apparently crazy shit is flying now and it's hilarity. :p I can leave out names and such, but it's so silly

kinda curious. I don't bother with them unless looking for VERY old archival footage as only youtube has anything comparable, and even then. just kinda curious.

Should be fine.

kinda curious. I don't bother with them unless looking for VERY old archival footage as only youtube has anything comparable, and even then. just kinda curious.

Okey. Rolling in here!

First off: Sunflower, torrent sites are pretty much kaput now, IMO. They were incredible back in like, 05, but then the content providers went streaming/download, so if you're torrenting at this rate, you just didn't want to buy it or it's too hard to find. :p

Anyways, silly hacker/torrent kiddie history incoming

So there's one torrent site...I'll call it X (you can search for them on your own if you like, it's not hard to find with the details I'm giving). They've been around ages. Standard torrent site, gets most everything. Dealt with them before for some content stuff/DMCA requests, did that whole dance.

Apparently this weekend they've been getting hit by DDOS requests; getting flooded off service. So it's cost them a ton of money server wise (they take donations, but it's usually not enough), and they keep getting hit by it.

Long story short, they figure out it's this old group of rippers, I'll call em R. R used to basically rip -EVERYTHING-. Then they started to watermark everything. Then they started to pull back from torrent sites, then they started to want to be paid for the content they ripped, so they started their own site and tried that.

Yeah.

Basically these two groups started bickering back and forth, as R wanted X to pay them to upload on their site/provide links, I'm not sure. Basically wanted money for content. X said no, R starts doing script kiddie shit.

X counters by doxing/revealing all of R's people and just tweeting them to people at WWE and UFC, full stop. We're talking tweets to Dana here. It's just absurd.

tldr; rippers want to be paid for the content they stole and shared, torrent site doesn't want to, gets flooded for it, torrent site responds by revealing all info to content owners.

That's just the basics. I got tuned into this today when someone mentioned it on Twitter, so I got bored and dug a bit. Hot goddamn.

Lesson here? TORRENT SITES AREN'T SAFE AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH :p

strobogo

Banned
Botches can happen to the best refs, but there's no need to be a defensive dick about it. What a tool.

Earl Hebner was the senior ref for the biggest wrestling company in the world during both boom periods and he hasn't had a match in his life where he didn't botch something. As a kid, I totally bought into Vince/Gorilla/JR saying he was the best ref, but he was fucking TERRIBLE at absolutely everything and it blows my mind that he was the top and most trusted ref during both boom periods.

somedevil

Well not as bad but there is someone uploading tons of old raws and smackdowns from 97-02 and pay per views and the WWE seems not to care even though its easy to find. Just shows how far away the network really is.

The R guys are hilarious. Bunch of children.

For one thing, most of the content they release is behind an expensive-ass pay-wall. This leads to enterprising uploaders buying their way in so they can then leak the content to file sharing sites, making money themselves from referrals and traffic on the links they provide. R seem convinced that if they can just stop people from sharing their releases, then everyone will magically decide to pay the exorbitant fee they're demanding for access, when that couldn't be further from the case. R often use the argument that X takes server donations and doesn't spend all the money on the servers, making some degree of personal gain from the website. What they fail to understand is that X is providing a service that enables users to share freely, whereas R are providing a product that they're desperate to keep to themselves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's not even R's stuff to share. I understand they're doing some work but they should know pirates will pirate their pirated work.

The R guys are hilarious. Bunch of children.

For one thing, most of the content they release is behind an expensive-ass pay-wall. This leads to enterprising uploaders buying their way in so they can then leak the content to file sharing sites, making money themselves from referrals and traffic on the links they provide. R seem convinced that if they can just stop people from sharing their releases, then everyone will magically decide to pay the exorbitant fee they're demanding for access, when that couldn't be further from the case. R often use the argument that X takes server donations and doesn't spend all the money on the servers, making some degree of personal gain from the website. What they fail to understand is that X is providing a service that enables users to share freely, whereas R are providing a product that they're desperate to keep to themselves.

Yeah, I'm...not quite sure what R thinks is going to happen with that. It's really ass backwards.

Looking at it from a content provider perspective, X was more of a pain than R, because R could easily be contained (DMCAs were easy to send basing off metadata, names, etc), but X would try to be cute and dance around it (they eventually caved, as all do, but tried to be more tough about it).

But from a common sense perspective? R is idiotic, but X is probably screwed at this rate. I believe that all the donations weren't all going to servers, but being DDOS'd all the time now means that's not the case. It's a rough go of it.

It's not even R's stuff to share. I understand they're doing some work but they should know pirates will pirate their pirated work.

Claiming ownership over pirated content is...not wise. Especially since they just got doxed. They can claim it's not them, but that'll end well.

I didn't know Edge got into the torrenting business.

ONNNN THIS DAAAAAAY
I steal prooooductts

gurudyne

tldr; rippers want to be paid for the content they stole and shared, torrent site doesn't want to, gets flooded for it, torrent site responds by revealing all info to content owners.

Amazing lack of self-awareness. But I do love the wrestling-like drama. Popcorn.gif, 9/10, would live on this planet again.

Classic Match of the Day;

Hiromichi Fuyuki & Masahiro Chono vs Heisei Ishingun (Kengo Kimura & Shiro Koshinaka) - (WAR 03/26/95)

OK, this one's a ton of fun. I'm not sure of the backstory going on, but Heisei Ishingun is Koshinaka's stable and they're the good guys. Fuyuki is the biggest heel in WAR and the leader of the Fuyuki-gun stable with his trios tag partners Jado & Gedo, while Chono is just Chono and in full-on heel mode here. The story of the match is pretty much all about the veterans Kimura & Koshinaka trying to stand up to Fuyuki & Chono, who are still well in their prime. Despite their best days being a few years behind them, Kimura can more than take his lumps, while Koshinaka, the smallest man in the match, has some unique jr. heavyweight offence to bring to the table. If you haven't seen a Fuyuki match before, or even Fuyuki in heel-mode, then check this out as the guy is a lot of fun, while Chono's just a total bad-ass. After the finish there's somewhat of a brawl, Jado & Gedo get involved, Tenryu runs down and starts chopping everyone in sight and even Riki Choshu makes an appearance. Well worth a watch.

iusW2dUdRPeIp.gif

CHOO CHOO!!

Top Bottom