• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Ithil

Rampage...is alright I suppose.

Tito just looks silly as hell out there.

Rampage, hmm, when he gets used to working a wrestling promo (he seemed like he wasn't sure what to look at during his promo), he might be fine, but Tito just looks like a goof out there.

Actually Tito looks good

He has true intensity

Rampage looks silly

He looks like a dope in a backwards baseball cap. Rampage got himself a decent suit and looks intimidating anyway.

Joeki11a

Banned
How so?

Tito looks like he wants to fight

Rampage looks lost begging Tito for help

Face it both are out of place but Tito is just
Himself out there, Rampage is trying to hard
With that suit and trying to be funny

strobogo

Banned
DDP is a guy I really disliked at the time, but in my memories was actually a damn great pro wrestler. Haven't watched any of his stuff since then, though.

How did you not like DDP at the time? Was it the hair and jeans? I got really tired of him in the later days of WCW, though. But 1997-1998 he was pretty awesome all around.

somedevil

Rampage, hmm, when he gets used to working a wrestling promo (he seemed like he wasn't sure what to look at during his promo), he might be fine, but Tito just looks like a goof out there.

He looks like a dope in a backwards baseball cap. Rampage got himself a decent suit and looks intimidating anyway.

The whole thing with them is just to promote November 2. They both have to leave the show soon anyway to train for that match.

Also, both can't work a match. Imagine them on one side and on the other side Wes Briscoe and Garrett. Holy crap the match could be bad next week.

Joeki11a

Banned
The whole thing with them is just to promote November 2. They both have to leave the show soon anyway to train for that match.

Also, both can't work a match. Imagine them on one side and on the other side Wes Briscoe and Garrett. Holy crap the match could be bad next week.

Or could be dope, you never know

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If Tito isn't really signed with TNA and Rampage plans on staying. Rampage could turn on MEM by knocking out Tito and joining A8. Tito is pinned and never returns.

If Young get's boo'd or chants start about him being a "homo" or whatever insult they choose, I would love to see a wrestler completely tear into them on the microphone. Just destroy those people for being spineless bigots. The press they would get would be astronomical.
You're right. I bet they've got a heartfelt Cena promo prepared for this in case he needs to come out and defend him.

How did you not like DDP at the time? Was it the hair and jeans? I got really tired of him in the later days of WCW, though. But 1997-1998 he was pretty awesome all around.

The HOLLYWOOD "SCUM" HOGAN promos were annoying and he just seemed trashy to me. But man was he committed to his act or what? That's good stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
on Tuesday night I went to see a one-night only show at the yearly Edinburgh Fringe Festival called 'the Wrestling'. I had seen reviews of the first show from two years ago, it was described as comedians vs. wrestlers, but I had no idea what to expect. it was FUCKING AWESOME.

it was basically a bunch of British comedians and a bunch of British wrestlers having some wrestling matches with more comedians providing commentary. didn't recognise all the guys, but the comedians included Tim Vine, Ardal O'Hanlon, Andrew Maxwell and Brendan Burns, and the wrestlers included Dan 'the Hammer' Head, the Bulk, some other dudes and COLT CABANA who I had no idea was wrestling and marked out for like hell.

anyway it was awesome, the wrestlers were really sticking their moves in snug on the comedians and fair play to them, they took the punishment really well. there were a few weird moments, like when one comedian hit a fucking perfect top rope Hurricanrana on a wrestler, and another comedian hit a Perfectplex on his friend. by the end there was a top rope plancha, a table broken, some fireworks and a dude in his actual underwear. Colt won the final match with a perfect Moonsault off the top rope of the shoddily constructed ring.

it was really, really funny and really, really awesome.

That sounds really fun. Glad you enjoyed it! I keep forgetting Colt's out of America. :)

I'm going to be bummed as fuck if Young comes out to boos instead of a standing ovation on their next show.

Me too. However if this DOES happen, WWE needs to put the best person in their entire corporation on the mic and let them eviscerate the crowd for it. That shit would go viral if done right. I know you can't 'plan' true viral videos but it would be a clip anyone who is an ally or friend to gay people would post all over.

gurudyne

Me too. However if this DOES happen, WWE needs to put the best person in their entire corporation on the mic and let them eviscerate the crowd for it. That shit would go viral if done right. I know you can't 'plan' true viral videos but it would be a clip anyone who is an ally or friend to gay people would post all over.

I like the idea, but does the WWE really want a video of an arena full of their fans booing a man solely for being gay going viral? I think they'd prefer to ignore it for the moment and seagull whitewash it after the fact.

strobogo

Banned
I actually wouldn't be surprised if it isn't mentioned on WWE TV for quite a while. I can see them making a big deal about it online, but not even bring it up on TV, especially while PTP are heels. And honestly, I think I'd rather them not bring it up at all if they're just going to to a pandering face turn or have faces make gay jokes. I'd rather him just be exactly the same as he is now and not have gay be part of the "character" in the sense that it becomes the defining characteristic.

KissVibes

Banned

2Zw57pb.jpg

On the back of his jacket is a big Rainbow Flag patch.

I like the idea, but does the WWE really want a video of an arena full of their fans booing a man solely for being gay going viral? I think they'd prefer to ignore it for the moment and seagull whitewash it after the fact.

If they ignore Darren being boo'd for being gay, they'll be torn to pieces. The chants would have to be obvious, though.

I'm less worried about the crowd as more worried that king will make a dumb joke a D-youngs expense

"Ya know Cole, I have to wonder where that Afro pick of Darren's has been. Ya see Cole, there's a fist at the end of it..."

Alucard

Banned
And that's the third stream that has gone down for me tonight. Sigh. Fuck it, I'll just read the reports in the morning. 'Nite, all.

Alucard

Banned
2Zw57pb.jpg

On the back of his jacket is a big Rainbow Flag patch.

If they ignore Darren being boo'd for being gay, they'll be torn to pieces. The chants would have to be obvious, though.

"Ya know Cole, I have to wonder where that Afro pick of Darren's has been. Ya see Cole, there's a fist at the end of it..."

I bet HHH would have two words for the crowd.

Later.

somedevil

lol, are they doing a worked feud to lead to a MMA fight?

Also, next weeks spoilers:

The 8/22 Impact opens w/ Bad Influence & Roode in the ring. Roode congratulates Bully on his world title win but says he now has a target on his chest. Roode says he's in 2nd place in the BFG series & asks Austin Aries to join him & Bad Influence to have more control of the series. James Storm & Gunner interrupt, leading to a tag match. Roode & Kazarian win the match after a low blow by Roode to Storm.

Manik def Sonjay Dutt. I guess the rule about X Division matches having to be 3 ways is done or TNA just forgot.

Joseph Park won a street fight against Chris Daniels, Jay Bradley & Hernandez. Aries came out & looked like he was going to help Daniels but instead hit him.

Bully comes out w/ Tito Ortiz who's now a member of Aces & 8s. They gloat about Bully winning the title & Bully says he's gonna shock the world by revealing his Brooke. Out comes Brooke Tessmacher & she makes out w/ Bully. Bully says he has the 'hot Brooke' now.

Gail Kim beat ODB.

The 5th man in the Main Event Mafia is AJ Styles, who is back to being phenomenal w/ his old theme song. The crowd loved it. Main event time.

Devon, Brisco, Bischoff, Anderson & Knux were the Aces and 8s team. Styles Clash on Devon for the win, the crowd went nuts. Devon must leave TNA, perhaps to take the agent job that was vacated by D' Lo Brown.

The crowd chanted "Thank you Devon" after the match. He posed for the crowd and then left.

Sabin loses the title, does not join MEM as the fifth member and as a dagger to him not on the show next week. Back to the midcard for him. Also, seems that TNA realized
the new AJ character was a massive fail

jobber

wtf @ the spoilers

he didn't seem depressed during his intro tonight. i liked the new character and theme :(

strobogo

Banned
I haven't watched much TNA over the past year and a half, but why is AJ joining the MEM a big deal? Is it at the level of Sting joining the Wolfpac?

gurudyne

Ow1xjyk.gif

Laritoooooooo

Okay, if he's supposed to be Zach from Power Rangers, does that mean he's eventually going to get a wicked-rad axe that turns into a wide-barreled laser-shotgun? Are we going to get Zordon as his manager? Guaranteed costume upgrades once a year? Mastodon-themed finisher? Does he have four friends who can help him make a human megazord? What happens if he has to fight Jason David Frank?

Bloodwake

So, what was the point of the AJ "loner" gimmick if he is just going to join the Main Event Mafia and be good guy AJ again?

Are we sure Vince Russo doesn't still work for TNA? Their booking SUCKS.

jred2k

I haven't watched much TNA over the past year and a half, but why is AJ joining the MEM a big deal? Is it at the level of Sting joining the Wolfpac?

Watching TNA over the past couple months and reading your reviews at the same time has been staggering with the similarities. It just seems like TNA is doing the summarized version of it, probably because they have two hours of programming a week instead of five. AJ has been fighting both sides since he came back in February, basically. There was even a period of fairly constant vest(aka NWO shirt) offers from A&8s to Styles. All this really seems to be missing is MEM being a splinter group of A&8s.

jobber

Hmmm

Graves going to show up at Summerslam to protect Heyman isn't he? Then Heyman says he has a better version of CM Punk >_>

hahahhahahhahahahahhahhahahaha NO MORE BO chants

hahahaahhaahahahahaha we the people chants

Thanks to the Darren Young outing it came to light to me that Kanyon was openly gay! I never really watched WCW or WWE from 2002-2010 so I never really knew about Kanyon aside from Strobogos reviews. It all makes sense that he adopted the Kanyon Cutter from DDP after his tirade about wanting to BANG the entire roster, DDP was all talk but I think Kanyon must have wanted to really BANG the entire roster
bro-o.gif

BANG!

Top Bottom