• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, I love Stro's WCW reviews. It brings me back to when I watched it live and it really helps me remember everything going on then. So good.

Someone needs to review any of these;

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=XPW

Don't make me do it.

Also, that Goldberg spear on Chavo is probably the quickest I've ever seen someone go from standing vertical to slammed horizontal, goddamn;

ikNbbnKM20MqL.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Trying to work out a way for people do to Summerslam predictions with a point system and the winner gets a steam game or whatnot.

Guess correct outcome: 1 point
Guess correct method of victory w/outcome: 3 points (ie "via DQ" "via pinfall")

I don't have any idea.

Aiii

So not worth it
I love Goldberg.

Fuck the haters. I'd mark the fuck out if he showed up on Sunday like he's Kevin Nash and speared and jackhammered Bryan to set-up the Orton cash in.

Hasney

Trying to work out a way for people do to Summerslam predictions with a point system and the winner gets a steam game or whatnot.

Guess correct outcome: 1 point
Guess correct method of victory w/outcome: 3 points (ie "via DQ" "via pinfall")

I don't have any idea.

On one of my other forums, they do it like this:

Winner: 3 points
How: 2 points
Move: 1 point

Then for tag matches, add in the following for bonus 1 points each:

Who scores the pin?
Who gets pinned?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've also been thinking of making some 'documentary' series that would never be made otherwise. Feel free to chime in with your suggestions:

"The Pedigree - Hunter Hearst Helmsley's Aristocratic Hits" - a collection of snooty HHH

"A Retrospective: Vader in the Attitude Era" - Vader's unenthusiastic Attitude Era runs

"Year One: Dave Batista" - Batista's first year in WWE. So bad.

"NXT: Season 2 Highlights"

"WWE Diva Division's Greatest Matches" 2009-2012 Diva's championship matches

Got any others?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
On one of my other forums, they do it like this:

Winner: 3 points
How: 2 points
Move: 1 point

Then for tag matches, add in the following for bonus 1 points each:

Who scores the pin?
Who gets pinned?

Hmm good thinkin'. As much as I'd like to do this for SS, I don't know if I have the time to organize it right. I should add in a money pool to pay for the prizes :p $5 entry!

BFIB

I love Goldberg.

Fuck the haters. I'd mark the fuck out if he showed up on Sunday like he's Kevin Nash and speared and jackhammered Bryan to set-up the Orton cash in.

I would mark out like there was no tomorrow if that happened.

Favorite Goldberg Spear? Mine would have to be against Christian. Can't link to it because I'm on my office laptop, but it was just brutal.

Sunflower said:
I've also been thinking of making some 'documentary' series that would never be made otherwise. Feel free to chime in with your suggestions:

"The Pedigree - Hunter Hearst Helmsley's Aristocratic Hits" - a collection of snooty HHH

"A Retrospective: Vader in the Attitude Era" - Vader's unenthusiastic Attitude Era runs

"Year One: Dave Batista" - Batista's first year in WWE. So bad.

"NXT: Season 2 Highlights"

"WWE Diva Division's Greatest Matches" 2009-2012 Diva's championship matches

Got any others?

"Fair is Fowl - The Very Best of The Gobbledy Gooker"

"Class is in Session - Wrestling 101, with Dean Douglas"

"Shoot for the Moon - The Max Moon Story"

"Brooklyn Brawler - The Man, The Myth, The Legend"

"Hornswoggle - King of the Cruiserweights"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
"Shoot for the Moon - The Max Moon Story"

This one had me dying, so good.

"Damaging Dentistry - PPV Matches of Dr. Isaac Yankem"

"The nWo in WWE"

"'He Put Me Over' - Hulk Hogan's Most Generous Pinfall Losses"

Aiii

So not worth it
I would mark out like there was no tomorrow if that happened.

Favorite Goldberg Spear? Mine would have to be against Christian. Can't link to it because I'm on my office laptop, but it was just brutal.

Hm, that's hard.

Jericho at Elimination Chamber was awesome.

Nunzio at the Royal Rumble is great.

"The Portuguese Man O' War, Aldo Montoya"

"Here comes The Godwinns"

"Wrestling Mythbusters, with 'The Genius' Lanny Poffo"

"The Absolute Best of Tekno Team 2000"

"The Life & Times of The Repo Man: A Complex and Misunderstood Hero"

"'He Put Me Over' - Hulk Hogan's Most Generous Pinfall Losses"

Lol, is there enough footage for a whole DVD?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lol, is there enough footage for a whole DVD?

As of 2009:

The Rock
Ultimate Warrior
Roddy Piper
Kurt Angle
Triple H
Lex Luger

That doesn't seem right. I remember him putting over Brock Lesnar in 2002.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also some others:

"Legion of Doom 2000: The Millenium Belongs to the Legion"

"More Chocolate Than A Mississippi Mud Pie: Mark Henry's Millenial Retrospective"

"My Yard: The Undertaker After Steve Austin"

"Boomer Sooner: Jim Ross' On-Air Experiences"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's not right, he put over Goldberg.

Apparently a lot of the clean wins weren't actually clean and just had ineffectual interference or interference of some sort. Which I don't necessarily agree with all the time but...if that's the truth that's the truth. Heyman was apparently around when Hoggin put over Lebner.

Penguin

Also some others:

"Legion of Doom 2000: The Millenium Belongs to the Legion"

"More Chocolate Than A Mississippi Mud Pie: Mark Henry's Millenial Retrospective"

"My Yard: The Undertaker After Steve Austin"

"Boomer Sooner: Jim Ross' On-Air Experiences"

I wouldn't mind a JR documentary

Though not sure what you put as bonus matches

Aiii

So not worth it
Apparently a lot of the clean wins weren't actually clean and just had ineffectual interference or interference of some sort. Which I don't necessarily agree with all the time but...if that's the truth that's the truth. Heyman was apparently around when Hoggin put over Lebner.

Yeah, okay, I think Perfect came out and DDP as well and they had some ringside stuff that distracted Hogan.

But they never came in the ring, I count that as a clean win.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't mind a JR documentary

Though not sure what you put as bonus matches

The meat of the documentary would be around all the humiliation he's taken.

Blu-Ray bonus features:
JR vs Michael Cole
JR Music Video "My Ass"

Yeah, okay, I think Perfect came out and DDP as well and they had some ringside stuff that distracted Hogan.

Yeah, I agree with you. Apparently it's gotta be pristine for some people though.

This story is better than the raw one. Also can't believe HHH ruined Paige's big moment. There should a meme with HHH interrupting people Kanyr style.

I didn't mind the HHH interruption half as much as I disliked the fact Page vs Emma wasn't the main event. I mean if you're going to come out to suggest you're taking women's wrestling seriously on NXT you look pretty fucking stupid if you have some throwaway Sheamus main event over the title with the most build-up on the show, especially when every other title match has had that main event spot.

IIRC, Malone came out and did the Diamond Cutter to SOMEBODY (I honestly don't remember who, maybe Perfect?) then Hogan was all wtf bro, then Goldberg was all go horizontal dude

Hurricane beat Rock in a similar way, and that was clean dammit :p

Might have to change the title though, since Angle tapped Hogan, right?

Also Summerslam version of SaltyBets, make it happen Captain

BFIB

I'm really pumped for SummerSlam. I don't know why, but I have a feeling this is going to be a great PPV.

BFIB

I know why, they've announced a great card with two amazing main events as the cherry on the pie.

It does seem like for the first time in a long time, the matches on the card have been built properly. I think that has something to do with it.

Makes me miss the old days where you only had the big 5 PPV's per year. So much buildup between feuds.

strobogo

Banned
me too. i love them. but i won't ask him to do the awful 1999 series.

unless he wants to...

I did 1999 way back in the day on DVDVR. I don't think those exist anymore and they didn't have pics/gifs anyway. I could do WCW 1999 until right around Spring Stampede time, but I won't.

Stro how do you feel about TNA 2004?

I also did most of the weekly PPVs once upon a time. I don't want to do any TNA related reviews. Even at their peak. There are only so many hours I can watch in a year before I hate wrestling. I mean, this is arguably WCW's peak and it's wearing me out.

Top Bottom