• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Kaladin

I think Flair kinda broke that panel, it probably wasn't supposed to be like that....Daniel Bryan and Dolph Ziggler kinda towed the line with their answers, Flair forgot where he was and thought he was at some indie Q&A.

mollipen

I'm here at the event live, and it was crazy. Not sure how much people watching could see, but the others on stage (especially Austin) were falling apart laughing during the entire thing.

I'm here at the event live, and it was crazy. Not sure how much people watching could see, but the others on stage (especially Austin) were falling apart laughing during the entire thing.
They showed pretty much everything. I love Ric but boy does he love to hear himself talk.

Kaladin

Do the WWE games even sell a lot of copies? I'm pretty sure it doesn't have the legs like the NBA 2k series.

WWE '13 sold around 1 million units worldwide, I think 600k in the US. It was one of THQ's biggest franchises at one time. It won't make the numbers of NBA 2k until they improve the game though.

Ithil

It does. It's why they keep getting away with bringing out the same game every year and slapping a new name over it.

To be fair to this game, it had a year's dev cycle and switched publishers half way through. I think look to 2K15 as the first true 2K WWE game.

Kaladin

Ring of Honor Spoilers:

Red Dragon re-captured the ROH Tag Titles tonight from The American Wolves.
Let the WWE speculation run wild.

Kaladin

The unsung weird part of this for me....and a whole lot of it was fucking weird, was Paul Heyman kissing JR's ass every chance he got. I know he meant a lot to your career but still.

DrZeus

Greetings WrassleGaf!

I'm surprisingly hyped for Summer
fest
Slam

Top 5 fav/best wrestlers(imo) in no particular order:

1. Jumbo Tsuruta
2. Jushin Lyger
3. Bryan Danielson
4. Vader
5. Terry Funk

Any predictions for the big event Sunday night?

Did I do this right? :p

DAsHekN.gif

lol

Alucard

Banned
Ring of Honor Spoilers:

Eddie Edwards could do well. Richards as well. My only worry is that neither one is really exceptional on the mic, although Richards does bring intensity.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I won't be around for summerslam so prediction time

Dean Ambrose (c) vs. Rob Van Dam via dq after shield interference.

Dolph Ziggler and Kaitlyn vs. Big E Langston and AJ Lee
I'm going to guess Dolph kisses kaitly which make aj go insane and cost her and big E the match some how

Kane vs. Bray Wyatt
GGG nuff said. I have low expectations for this match. I like both guys but I just have a feeling they won't mesh well in the ring

Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow
Sandow wins via sneaky tactics. Cody needs the sympathy if they want him to be face.

Alberto Del Rio (c) vs. Christian
just here to fill card

CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar (with Paul Heyman
Despite what Raw told me I still think Wolverine pulls this one off. Unless they a REALLY want brock and punk to have multiple matches I see no reason for this to continue. Hopefully Brock can move on to give some up and comers the rub.

John Cena (c) vs. Daniel Bryan
Neither.
Orton will cash in during the match and will have brad maddox come out with him as his ref. Bryan will be about to win and go for the pin when rko outta nowhere. Meanwhile Cena recovers goes for his dead to pop up AA. Orton gets out, Rko. HHH is pissed but doesn't DQ the match. Orton goes to pin just as Daniel Bryan dives to make a partial cover. Both refs go down to count. Maddox counts faster than HHH and grants the title via cash in to Orton. Bryan never holds the title.

Or.
Bryan wins the title and Orton suprise RKO outta nowhere. I'm talking within seconds of the match ending. Bryan never gets to hold the title or celebrate the win. I still say maddox would be special ref for orton in this scenario as well

Sorry if there are a bunch of typos and junk. I am like 3/4 asleep right now.Hope it is fun and can't wait to catch up with the thread on monday

bonus prediction: Zack Ryder will appear on screen for almost a whole milisecond via a backstage party segment. They might as well release him dude has nothing now.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
2K panel was pure gold. Damn near everything from 40 minutes on (besides Flair talking about his son, which was fairly touching) was just pure comedic gold. Watching everyone else on the panel dying of laughter made it even better.

Aiii

So not worth it
IGN: Are you excited for Sunday? You go in with so much story with Kaitlyn, with Dolph….

AJ: Yeah, the really funny thing is that somewhere along the way, Dolph and I and E became really good friends, which is so weird. Especially since a year ago, I think Dolph and I actually hated each other… just for no reason! We were just like, “We’re so opposite.” Like, “He’s such a douche bag,” and he thought I was the biggest nerd. We were just mean to each other. And then to work together so much, where we are traveling together and go to dinner together and we enjoy each other’s company, it’s so funny to me. Like how did that happen? So now it’s so bittersweet that it feels like everything’s ending, you know? It feels like we’re all going to leave SummerSlam and go our separate ways, and that is the saddest thing in the world to me. But it’s really cool that three of my best friends right now in the industry will all be together at Summer Slam. That’s really cool to me.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08...her-time-with-dolph-ziggler-and-her-next-step

McNei1y

I would pay GOOD MONEY to spend a night at a bar with JR and Ric Flair (others are welcome like Heyman and Dbry) and just hear them talk stories the entire night. That was an awesome video.

JR was definitely buzzed in the beginning, Flair isn't even drunk though. Its just senile attention getting Flair at its finest. He did something similar in the legends roundtable specials that WWE on Demand used to do.

alstein

The Demon was just another half-baked scheme from Bischoff that fell apart halfway through. I feel bad for Dale Torborg, though. He went from being The MVP, to The Demon, to the Demon, member of The Dark Carnival. I'm sure he's happy doing whatever he's doing now, though.

He's another example of a wrestler who would have had a great run just by ditching their initial gimmick, using their real name and sticking to the standard heel playbook. His name's Torborg, for crying out loud! With all those hard consonants, that's an inherently imposing name.

He ended up getting a job in MLB as a Strength and Conditioning coach , though I think he got canned for attacking a player.

God I hope there's a backstage vignette with Punk and Bryan ala Eddie/Benoit at Wrestlemania 20 when Guererro was motivating Benoit to win by telling him he can't win and felt hype in the process. How hot could that be?

Spoilers from the ROH show last night and that cryptic August 17th video was for...

Prince Nana, who is the leader of a new stable 'Outlaw, Inc.' which includes the returning Eddie Kingston & Homicide! Kingston says they're not some washed up ex-MMA guys and they're going to destroy the corporation ROH has become

ROH World Title Tournament spoilers;

Ciampa beat Bennett
Steen beat Strong
Elgin beat Anderson

So the semi-finals are;
Adam Cole vs Tomasso Ciampa
&
Michael Elgin vs Kevin Steen

Jamie OD

Ring of Honor Spoilers:

Not quite so sure on that.
ROH's plan for the tag titles right now is to do a lot of title changes to make up for having a vacant ROH title. The Wolves weren't going to get a long title reign regardless of their status.

Top Bottom