• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tumblr_mrqg9hEDaQ1sookfro1_250.gif
tumblr_mrqfqgHspu1sookfro1_400.gif

strobogo

Banned
How did Bray Wyatt get so good at promos? Dude was CRUSHING it on Smackdown. None of the Windhams or IRS were particularly good at promos, yet this dude is amazing. He's also come up in an environment that teaches the exact opposite of how he does promos. It's really amazing. What's really awesome is that he isn't even afraid of Kane. He didn't back down, didn't cower away. He went right for Kane.

I enjoyed him almost slipping into Bane. OF COURSE!

Peco

I'm 1 hour and a half in Day 1 of the G1 Climax. Yeah, this is intense in every way, they're all very passionate about it. I'm still not that familiar with the wrestlers, but I can already say that Minoru Suzuki will be my favorite, I can feel it.

I'm 1 hour and a half in Day 1 of the G1 Climax. Yeah, this is intense in every way, they're all very passionate about it. I'm still not that familiar with the wrestlers, but I can already say that Minoru Suzuki will be my favorite, I can feel it.

Suzuki just has this undefinable air of awesomeness to his character. Dude's a freaking master at what he does.

Also, that theme music;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdZdZpiN3Qg

iZscdpmhm2Dg0.gif

That doesn't sound all that bad actually, I kinda like it. Cheers for the link stro.

Seems that on Revolution Pro's October 19th show it'll be Hiroshi Tanahashi vs 'Party' Marty Scurll!

Awesome. Marty's one of the best in the UK at the moment, should be a great match.

strobogo

Banned
If you like it, you should listen to Tommy Stinson's solo stuff on Spotify, because it is very similar to that. It's kind of a shitty mix. Hopefully it will eventually get released for real on an actual album sometime in the next 25 years.

strobogo

Banned
Wait, is that really a new GnR song?

Yes. It leaked a few days ago, along with 2 other versions of the song Better. It all got taken down pretty quickly online, but they came out. Tommy on vocals, Axl on backing, Robin/Bucket/Bumble on guitar. Nothing ever is going to get released, but there are a handful of song out there to be leaked. The only reason Chinese Democracy came out when it did was because all but I think 2 or 3 songs had been leaked, some as recent as a year before it was actually released.

The story on that album is bizarre. Mike Piazza was responsible for one of the leaks.

strobogo

Banned
It's been on the setlist since 2011, but has yet to be played live. Tommy does one of his solo songs or a cover for his spot. Makes no sense to me. I'll never understand why Axl is so hesitant to release ANYTHING. It's really weird and a bummer as a fan. Since Bucket is on it, it's at least a 10 year old song, which fits in line with all of the CD songs.

antonz

So Apparently Ultimate Warrior had a panel today for 2K and he got into a lot of trouble for dropping the Fbomb like 5 times in the first 30 seconds lol

Kaladin

I'm watching the Mick Foley doc on Netflix, this is good stuff. WWE has really been putting on some great docs lately. I think ever since the CM Punk doc they've been on fire.

somedevil

I'm watching the Mick Foley doc on Netflix, this is good stuff. WWE has really been putting on some great docs lately. I think ever since the CM Punk doc they've been on fire.

I wonder how much truth with be on the upcoming Triple H documentary. Will he talk about how much he was punished after hugging the Kliq, his involvement in the Montreal Screw job, and if he even will talk about all stuff on his backroom power in how he was booked?

Enfinit

Summerslam prediction time.

- RVD over Dean Ambrose
- Nattie over Brie to please the Total Divas viewers.
- Damien over Cody.
- Big E/AJ over Dolph and Kate.
- Wyatt over Kane.
- Christian over Del Rio.
- Punk over Lesnar.
- Bryan over Cenar with interference from HHH, Orton cashes in.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every Yokozuna move used to scare the crap out of me as a kid. I thought he was going to kill somebody whenever he did a leg drop of banzai. Like there'd just be an exploded head on the ground when he got up.

Also amazing that he did a way better leg drop than Hogan.
takersteps.gif

Kaladin

I still consider Yokozuna vs Undertaker (Casket Match) at the 1994 Royal Rumble to be one of the best showcases of the Undertaker's character. Yokozuna, the unstoppable beast had to get a whole cast of characters out there to bury the Undertaker in that casket only to have Taker rise and promise to return and extract vengeance. It was amazing.

Alucard

Banned
Summerslam prediction time.

- RVD over Dean Ambrose
- Nattie over Brie to please the Total Divas viewers.
- Damien over Cody.
- Big E/AJ over Dolph and Kate.
- Wyatt over Kane.
- Christian over Del Rio.
- Punk over Lesnar.
- Bryan over Cenar with interference from HHH, Orton cashes in.

I'm going with:

Ambrose
Brie (WWE considers them the top Divas atm)
Sandow
Dolph and Kate
Del Rio
Wyatt
Lesnar
Bryan

What's that betting site again?

strobogo

Banned
Lol, fucking JR on that Twitch TV thing. I'm not even 20 minutes in and this is the strangest and most awkward thing. I'd like to hear him call Summerslam as toasted as he was last night.

strobogo

Banned
It wasn't the slurring that was awkward. That sounds suspiciously like Kurt Angle's Twitter getting hacked every 4 months. The slurring was not even noticeable if you've listened to him at all on NXT, interviews, or the Austin podcast.

Notes from the Observer;

It should be noted that as of yesterday,
Big Show, Mark Henry, Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns
were all booked to wrestle which would stem from an angle in the
Ambrose vs. RVD
match. I was given the hint that the main card may slightly change as well.

RVD, Big Show & Mark Henry vs The Shield
on the main card?

Whatever is happening at SummerSlam tonight, everything is said to be finalized as of the time you're reading this, so if you see last-minute odd changes or Reddit predictions (my personal feeling is the Reddit guy will no longer be doing spoilers) that are different from yesterday, those could be accurate.

From talking to tons of people in and around WWE today, the feeling coming out of last night's 2K14 press conference where Ric Flair hijacked the show is that the video game people weren't bothered at all about it, but the WWE side was pretty upset. "Infuriated" is probably pretty strong, but they weren't happy at all and it might have ruined Flair's chances at least short-term for a PR deal with the company. Don't expect the video to ever see the light of day from the WWE side but it is online in various places right now. Flair was pulled from the rest of the 2K14 PR.

Mick Foley made it abundantly clear at the Q&A that he can never wrestle again.

Ross tweeted that he was not drunk last night. I don't think anyone reputable ever said he was. He joked that the deal was sponsored by Grey Goose, but that was in reference to Flair. I can tell you that we got reports from fans who saw Flair in the bar literally all afternoon.

Primo and Epico are being repackaged as a matador tag team.

While we haven't heard anyone from the WWE side say Hogan is going to be at SummerSlam tonight, because of what happened with Brooke Hogan being fired from TNA and all the talk about Hogan in regards to the 2K14 video game, the fans at the Staples Center are apparently convinced he's appearing tonight and are spreading that rumor around amongst themselves.

Lol, poor Primo & Epico.

Primo and Epico getting a new gimmick that should at least guarantee them a tag title run which is not bad for them. Still being employed and getting on TV they are doing good.

Top Bottom