• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Ithil

id9lmq353oyxg.gif

Not gonna lie, my immediate reaction was that the Brock/Punk ending was a little drawn out. The final Heyman interference and Punk finally getting his hands on him and the set up for the finishing F5 felt a little flat. Good match, but not MOTY. Maybe WWE MOTY.

Not gonna lie, my immediate reaction was that the Brock/Punk ending was a little drawn out. The final Heyman interference and Punk finally getting his hands on him and the set up for the finishing F5 felt a little flat. Good match, but not MOTY. Maybe WWE MOTY.

Most def WWE MOTY.

My MOTY so far is Tomohiro Ishii vs. Katsuyori Shibata from G1, Night 4.

The only thing that bothered me was that Punk decides to turn his back on Lesnar for a good minute in order to apply a submission to Heyman, even if we try to pass it off as Punk's frustrations with Heyman's interference boiling over that he goes the extra mile it still seems a bit of a stretch that Punk would remain oblivious to Lesnar actually recovering in the meantime.

Aiii

So not worth it
This year has had quite a good number of MOTY candidates actually.

Wrestling is pretty damn good right now.

Kaladin

Match of the year, even with the predictable ending. I'm not salty though, you could see it from a mile away.

Bryan is still made tonight. He was made at Mania with 18 seconds, but tonight he was main event made.

Ithil

No one is saying they're quitting. I get why they did it. But it's still deflating, as intended. I'd just like to hurry up and get to the part where Bryan gets it properly.

Good PPV they did the right thing to set up all their angles and Bryan even got to pin Cena clean never expected that to ever happen

Edit: Punk vs Lesnar was really amazing as well

Ithil

jQVbzGEaV6yQG.jpg

Bryan beats Cena clean with the Boma Ye. This makes Shinsuke proud. I'm guessing that's Bryan's new impact finisher.

strobogo

Banned
This has been a pretty great summer for wrasslin fans between WWE and NJPW. Punk/Bork and Dragon/Cena were top shelf, 5 star matches tonight. I can't remember a WWE show that had two legit MOTYC on them.

SO many gifs just from those two matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Bryan was watching that G-1 tournament.

Punk did Shinsuke's flying knee too. Bunch of copycats.

I am so happy right now.

Orton02.jpg

ER13_Photo_133_crop_650.jpg

tumblr_md1o0vmlWk1qd9rato1_500.jpg

Can't wait for people who were begging for Orton to turn heel to remember what heel Orton is

Many of you ... want to know why .... I ... Randy Orton .... The Legend Killer.... The Apex Predator of the WWE .... The Viper ... Did what I did ........ Because I am the WWE champion .... And I can ..... /stares lifelessly at hard camera

I knew Orton would cash in. I fucking knew it. I'm just happy Bryan won clean. And with a fucking knee to the face too! I just kept hoping the PPV would go off the air and Bryan would still be champ.

Question is, does Steph turn heel too or is she out of the angle now?

I think I'd prefer that Bryan wins clean, HHH acts like he's going to save him from Orton but then turns and delivers a pedigree. I'm really tired of HHH getting in the way of their top upcoming faces defending themselves, making them dependant on them makes them look weaker than their predecessors.

Thank you for almost totally listening to me WWE writers, Summerslam was great.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Tallying SS results. Should be good, will announce winner in both threads.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
YESSSSS LET ME CONSUME YOUR SALTTTTTT...

I SAID "LET ME CONSUME YOUR SALTTTTTT"

...Guys? Salt? Where is it?

Oh right, there's barely any.

Kaladin

At least it's Orton and not somebody like Sandow, or Barrett or anyone who you could say is legit beneath Bryan. Orton is still someone for him to contend with, and I like that.

It's also been a while since we've had a corporate champ....and Trips being in the position to be behind that is an interesting swerve. So yeah, I'm looking forward to this.

Aiii

So not worth it
YESSSSS LET ME CONSUME YOUR SALTTTTTT...

I SAID "LET ME CONSUME YOUR SALTTTTTT"

...Guys? Salt? Where is it?

Oh right, there's barely any.

Because WWE has started long-term booking and is no longer booking shows on the day of the show itself with swerves.

This is the ending people wanted and we got it.

dream

Punk did Shinsuke's flying knee too. Bunch of copycats.

Can't wait for people who were begging for Orton to turn heel to remember what heel Orton is

Many of you ... want to know why .... I ... Randy Orton .... The Legend Killer.... The Apex Predator of the WWE .... The Viper ... Did what I did ........ Because I am the WWE champion .... And I can ..... /stares lifelessly at hard camera

But you're forgetting that RKO is the third best worker in the WWE, right behind Punk and Brock, and a damn good looking man.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Can we get some boots to the head?

Can we get some legend killing?

Ted Dibiase Jr. ain't doing anything lately...

Maybe a home invasion.

Sokantish

But you're forgetting that RKO is the third best worker in the WWE, right behind Punk and Brock, and a damn good looking man.

RKO isn't bad, but he isn't as good as Daniel Bryan. Hopefully we will get some nice matches out of them. Although Bryan is involved so it's pretty much a given!

Top Bottom