• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Bowser

But you're forgetting that RKO is the third best worker in the WWE, right behind Punk and Brock, and a damn good looking man.

CI0kelQ.gif

Anth0ny

best case scenario would have been bryan kicking out of that pedigree, somehow knocks mr.h out, and makes orton tap.

ultimate swerve

Kaladin

RKO isn't bad, but he isn't as good as Daniel Bryan. Hopefully we will get some nice matches out of them. Although Bryan is involved so it's pretty much a given!

No he isn't.

It's just been a while since we've seen the best of Orton. Face it, he hasn't given a fuck since he's been itching to turn heel again, which has been a while. Orton is great when he's into it.

Also...I'm still grinning after that match. Fucking amazing match with Bryan and Cena.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Great SS. Punk/Lesnar and Cena/Bryan lived up to the billing and then some.

Usually I drop wrestling right after SS or so and pick it up for the Rumble but not the case this year.

The ending was seriously great. Orton is finally a heel again, Triple H can tell all the fans to suck it and Bryan is still the best thing going.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel that it's unappreciated how well Brock sold that GTS.

Possibly one of the best sells of that move I've ever seen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Winners with 14 points total for the Summerslam Predictions Game are:

NameGenerated and Gurudyne!

Congrats Gurudyne! I'd congratulate NameGenerated but I don't think he comes to Wrasslegaf!

Shark Johnson and Bean Breath tied for last place with 4 points.

strobogo

Banned

Congrats Gurudyne! I'd congratulate NameGenerated but I don't think he comes to Wrasslegaf!

Where did I rank? I swear I had every result right besides ADR/Christian, which I called the finish as "Who gives a fuck".

Alucard

Banned
What a tremendous PPV. Easily the best WWE PPV of 2013, and probably one worth owning on Blu-ray. All of the matches were either athletically great-to-phenomenal, or served some sort of storyline. I loved the camera shot of Bray Wyatt going to the back with the words "follow" on his t-shirt, and Kane being dragged behind. Really good stuff.

Heck, even the Divas match was good tonight!

I hope and pray that Bryan gets a mic tomorrow night and cuts a scathing promo. I want the American Dragon to come out of him. This is his chance to seize the moment and keep the momentum going. He's got all the sympathy in the world on his side now.

As for Cena, if rumours are to be believed and he's going to be out for 5-6 months, I fully expect a Cena/Bryan rematch at WM 30...hopefully with Bryan winning. Cena's timeline for coming back also fits with the Royal Rumble timeline...although I hope that doesn't happen. :-/ Either way, we've got some really interesting stories going on right now, and some great potential for the future!

The Cena Clash thing is the old counter Jericho used to do to cruiserweights to go into the Liontamer. It works just fine if the person holding is much taller, like here.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I was watching that spot and wondering why everyone was overreacting to it, they clearly practiced it and it was safe as hell.

Should have tried to lock on the liontamer though. ASK HIM! AGAYN.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?

I'm always lurking.

strobogo

Banned
I think my favorite part of the 2K14 panel was either Daniel laughing at his drunk grandpa OR Stone Cold clearly having his "I've made a huge mistake" moment on having Flair on his podcast.

Kaladin

Dear WWE,

We are (mostly) happy with you now. You are doing good things. Do not be your normal self and fuck it up.

Sincerely,

The Internet

Aiii

So not worth it
Dear WWE,

We are (mostly) happy with you now. You are doing good things. Do not be your normal self and fuck it up.

Sincerely,

The Internet

I would be more scared if WWE hadn't been giving us exactly what we wanted ever since WrestleMania.

It's been too long to be a fluke really.

haha at people angry at this outcome. Cena lost clean and is out of title picture and WWE with surgery, 2 great matches on the PPV, Bryan is now top face and in the title hunt should be headlining the next couple of PPVs. WWE is good right now

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
told ya DB will be chasing at Mania. He's going to win the Rumble like ***** did. WM is probably close with him holding the title then Punk comes out with the WHC and they hug in the ring ala Eddie/***** did at 20.

Kaladin

I would be more scared if WWE hadn't been giving us exactly what we wanted ever since WrestleMania.

It's been too long to be a fluke really.

I so want to believe.

Tonight felt like the start of a new era....or at least the start of the end of the current one.

It felt like something.....and it felt good.

Ithil

Bryan beating Cena clean for the title shows they're truly behind him. And it was absolutely clean, not even a "his arm was hurt to that's why he lost" deal, Bryan knocked him the fuck out and pinned him.

How many people have gotten to beat Cena clean as a whistle?

McNei1y

I'm very impressed with WWE, at least for tonight. They delivered by exceeding my expectations and taking the best route with their top talent.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Bryan beating Cena clean for the title shows they're truly behind him. And it was absolutely clean, not even a "his arm was hurt to that's why he lost" deal, Bryan knocked him the fuck out and pinned him.

Tensai

mist is legal

Aiii

So not worth it

Didn't even think of that, this is probably why they didn't do a tap-out finish.

Alucard

Banned
I so want to believe.

Tonight felt like the start of a new era....or at least the start of the end of the current one.

It felt like something.....and it felt good.

Amen. So many things happened tonight that felt like the WWE firing on all cylinders and knowing exactly what they're doing, unlike the past.

A few notes:

-I finally care about and notice ADR. What he did tonight make me take notice, not just of his in-ring ability, but of his heel tactics.
-The Divas feel relevant. I still hate the name "Divas" for the women's division, but hey, something is happening at least!
-Punk/Lesnar was a war. A beautiful, beautiful war.
-Rhodes/Sandow put on a very good match. LOVED Sandow's mic work at the start.
-Kane/Wyatt finished in an interesting fashion. Curious to see where they go.
-Bryan/Cena/Orton...goddamn. I wanna know why HHH did what he did, and if he was in cahoots with Vince the whole time, or if they had "a meeting" just before the PPV, or what. Either way, I'm hooked!
-Dolph is FINALLY out of this AJ storyline...I hope? He seems to be floundering.

Penguin

Tensai

mist is legal

On a random Raw

This is their 2nd biggest PPV of the year

But yeah

It does seem weird, someone noted that all current WWE Champions are heels... and was trying to think of which one is really over... and I guess by default Orton becomes the number 1 heel in the company

Obviously Bryan copied Punk

ibvUaAh6p.gif

And since we all know where Punk gets his moveset from, the lesson here is: Copy Japan and you'll succeed in The E.

Just don't be too Japanese, and definitely don't actually be Japanese. It's a fine line to walk.

KissVibes

Banned
Christian is a fucking pro. Made Del Rio look like gold. Completely forgot how stale and boring his character is.

IT'S A C-O-N-SPIRACY.

Top Bottom