• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

I thought SummerSlam was a pretty good show. It was a two match show, but that was expected going in. Both Punk vs. Bork and Cena vs. Bryan were both excellent.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Of course that match was all Lesnar too, Punk needs to go back to wrestling at high school gyms he has no star power and cannot draw.

This would be the perfect spot to photoshop in a Street Fighter 2 loss screen with Punk looking brutalized and Bork being bork.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
new portiage
R7IPDnI.jpg

portia's not a fan of the emmalution

Easy to do when there's nothing to say. There was no story there other than two hard heads beating the hell out of each other. Even stuff like Naito vs Tanahashi had backstory.

Even with that, I was just as engrossed as i was with Punk/Brock, if not more. That's why I, personally, wouldn't think anything of it if Meltzer doesn't give Punk/Brock or Bryan/Cena 5 stars despite giving it to Shibata/ishii. Sometimes history and drama is important, but sometimes 2 guys just go out there and light up a show for no reason and it becomes something great. Just depends on what mood you're in, I guess.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Have we figured out if Bryan's reign was the shortest in WWE history yet? The only ones that I can think of that MIGHT be shorter were Yokozuna's at WM IX and Cena's after the Elimination Chamber match when Edge cashed in on him. And even those I think might have been longer given that they involved things that actually resembled a match, rather than the 7 seconds it took Orton to pin Bryan.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
sunny i think i found the third member of our devitt haters club
show_match_icon.php

ref's all 'waht the fuck is this stupid wolfpac crap'

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You won't win anyone over making light of The WrassleGAF Screwjob.

Just admit your part in it and wait 15 years. Maybe then we'll stop chanting "You Screwed Dave." Probably not though.

Not to be too cliche about it but Dave screwed Dave by being a bad poster and trying to escape his fate.

DrZeus

jQVbzGEaV6yQG.jpg

Bryan beats Cena clean with the Boma Ye. This makes Shinsuke proud. I'm guessing that's Bryan's new impact finisher.

I couldn't believe it when it happen. The most awkward, anti-climatic, yet fulfilling ending to that match I could imagine. I just finished Night 4 of the G1 and seeing Nakamura go nuts on Kota with knees made Bryan using it even more surreal lol.

Toki767

Have we figured out if Bryan's reign was the shortest in WWE history yet? The only ones that I can think of that MIGHT be shorter were Yokozuna's at WM IX and Cena's after the Elimination Chamber match when Edge cashed in on him. And even those I think might have been longer given that they involved things that actually resembled a match, rather than the 7 seconds it took Orton to pin Bryan.

Jeff Hardy's reign was the shortest when Punk cashed in on him.

I think there's still a bit of face in Orton.

The reserved look he had when he held up the title told me had no choice but to cash it in. I mean c'mon if I was him and HHH just pedigree'd the champ, I'd take that opportunity also. That is unless they were in cahoots from day one.

Man I can't wait for Monday. Like I always say, this could turn shitty real quick.

Also Bryan slapped back. #TheLittleThings

That match was freaking excellent, really good work by Cena, he sold his arm well throughout and the finish was great, BOMA YE!!! However, I can't help but feel that the whole angle would be a whole lot better if the stinking McMahons/H's were as far away from it as possible. HGH's ego won't allow for that, of course.

That match was freaking excellent, really good work by Cena, he sold his arm well throughout and the finish was great, BOMA YE!!! However, I can't help but feel that the whole angle would be a whole lot better if the stinking McMahons/H's were as far away from it as possible. HGH's ego won't allow for that, of course.

He sold it because it's legitimately fucked up.

DrZeus

Few observations after watching SS.

Am I crazy for thinking ADR should join the Real Americans stable? Zeb and him in promos seems crazy enough to work and Claudio is in the group so why not.

Ziggler is done. AJ feud killed him. Zig Zag will keep him from sustained main event status. It's a mid show finish. Slingblade would be better smh.

Brock and Punk tore it up and somewhat surprised me. I was worried about chemistry, but they clicked instantly and put on a show. Punk was great as usual, but can we say Brock is back to fine form. Shook off that horrible HHH feud and is cooking again.

Bryan v Cena was lacking to me. Finished helped but it took awhile for it to click because of the way they built it. Had to pace themselves to get the drained crowd to wake up and forget Brock/Punk. Evolution swerve was totally predictable the minute HHH inserted himself in the match. Got Punk v Cena SS 2011 vibes weeks ago.

Heel Orton finally being back is good because they needed a main heel in the worse way, and it's definitely not Ziggler.

Overall good show...
I'm excited for Raw and WWE 2k14 so it worked!

Back to
real rasslin
the G1

Still lol at end outcome. Only thing that really sucks is that Brian doesn't give a fair chance at defending the title. You think they still mad a person like backlund or mysterio held the title?

Aw yiss, line-up for New Japan 'DESTRUCTION' on 09/29;

NJPW, "DESTRUCTION", 2013.09.29
Kobe World Hall

. Special Singles Match: Toru Yano vs Minoru Suzuki
. Special Singles Match: Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Prince Devitt
. NEVER Openweight Title: Masato Tanaka (c) vs Tetsuya Naito
. IWGP Intercontinental Title: Shinsuke Nakamura (c) vs Shelton Benjamin
. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Satoshi Kojima

Plus, on the 09/14 Korakuen Hall show, Liger & Tiger Mask defend the CMLL World Tag Team Titles against Rey Bucanero & Tama Tonga.

Oh, yeah, and THIS showed up;

Kota Ibushi vs Kazuchika Okada - (DDT 09/18/13)

UFC on Fox Sports 1: Shogun vs Sonnen |OT| Supposed to be a "stacked card"
Replies : 875, Views: 29,864

WWE SummerSlam 2013 |OT| The Spontaneous Combustion of Bryan Danielson & Cena Johnson
Replies: 2,985, Views: 112,368

Looks like we ate your and your boys' lunch, Plywood

Jmb77.gif

glad Brock vs Punk was a good match, gotta track it down.

i love Bryan Danielson, top 20 of all time, but Daniel Bryan was one the reasons i stopped watching. such a stupid, obnoxious gimmick, can't stand it. good on HHH for swerving the shit out of him.

Bruh I'm totes meh on Christian but ADR/Christian delivered. Also Kane can go fuck right off

Put Miz and Ryback in Evolution 2.0 and you got yourself a stew baby.

Today just hit the final nail in the coffin that is Miz's face run.

put miz somewhere that isn't on my tv

Am I crazy for thinking ADR should join the Real Americans stable? Zeb and him in promos seems crazy enough to work and Claudio is in the group so why not.

Yeah, kinda, 'cause ADR and Swagger/Zeb feuded for months and they had a crazy physical feud. Just because they're both heels now doesn't mean they should be automatically friends.

antonz

The Wyatt match was really badly booked. They have really played up how dangerous the wyatts and especially Bray is supposed to be but they booked him pretty damn weak.

I mean they are writing Kane off for a bit so he can do his movie. They could have booked Bray so much stronger and accomplished the write off and eventual return of monster kane as a wyatt who was beaten into submission.

The stuff with the steel stairs was so poorly shot there was never any perceived danger because every camera angle showed just how stupid the moment was.

If this is truly HHHs big thing behind the scenes he fucked it up bad already

Kane just isn't a good guy to debut against IMO. It's hard to make things like that finisher look good on him. I think they rushed the angle a bit, probably would've been better to establish them more against other people.

Jamie OD

I like that idea. Del Rio badly needs a spark or something to work and it would boost the heel side a little bit. Although that may be one too many heel stables protecting their champion along with the Shield and whatever HHH & Orton are doing.

Striker

Brock is great and has been since forever. He's working at half speed on a part time contract and is still better than 99% of the roster. He's great. Don't let the HHH matches fool you.
Nobody in the WWE has his combination of size and athleticism. You buy into the 'beast' line because he's huge. My issue with his stuff with Punk last night, and in the later bouts with H's, was the constant involvement with Heyman. It's as if he can't win without some assistance. Other than that I loved the contest. Just enough with the interference to push him over.

Christian is a fucking pro. Made Del Rio look like gold. Completely forgot how stale and boring his character is.
Del Rio is a trooper in the ring. Has those impact kicks and is finding new ways to land the backstabber. Despite the losses, he still was able to have very good matches with Sheamus, great stuff with Christian, Ziggler, and I thought had good work together with Big Show. For whatever terrible booking they'll do to derail his character (i.e. cash in just because with Cener/Punk [your cars are rentals], loss to Edge at WM after a big push and Rumble win, random feud with Kane-Big Show, etc.).

And I'm glad Ziggler won. I didn't see the mixed tag match, but I hope to hell his feud with AJ is over.

Kaladin

Don't base your opinion of Wyatt off this match tonight. It was very limited. First of all, it's hard to work within the confines of a ring of fire. Second, they had to play up the gimmick and third, they had little time AND had to work the angle at the end.

The match succeeded IMO because it got the angle across (even if the camera man botched the guillotine spot).

I'm still smiling after Bryan vs Cena. That match surpassed Punk vs Cena I & II, and Aries vs Roode from TNA.

Something amazing happened last night, and I'm glad to be here to ride the wave with you guys. Wrestling is fun again, and it's because of Daniel Bryan and a few others who are making it awesome across the board.

Alucard

Banned
Don't base your opinion of Wyatt off this match tonight. It was very limited. First of all, it's hard to work within the confines of a ring of fire. Second, they had to play up the gimmick and third, they had little time AND had to work the angle at the end.

The match succeeded IMO because it got the angle across (even if the camera man botched the guillotine spot).

I'm still smiling after Bryan vs Cena. That match surpassed Punk vs Cena I & II, and Aries vs Roode from TNA.

Something amazing happened last night, and I'm glad to be here to ride the wave with you guys. Wrestling is fun again, and it's because of Daniel Bryan and a few others who are making it awesome across the board.

All about Punk n Bryan for me. Punk looks GREAT right now, and you believe he COULD beat the shit out of anyone just because of his determination and "me first" attitude. Bryan? Well, he's just awesome in the ring and is only going to get better on the mic.

Top Bottom