• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not even much of a Tanahashi fan, but he had a simply outstanding G1, topped off by three ****+ matches in 2 days, and all that while carrying numerous injuries.

Tanahashi has been unbelievable. I'm not much of a fan of his either but you simply cannot argue with his past handful of matches. Unreal stuff. Shows he still has a LOT to give.

Oh also, loved that Proto/Dragon ended with a busaiku. I don't know if Bryan is adopting it as a finisher, but I love strike endings that actually come out of nowhere. Bryan looked like he knocked Cena's head clean off with that kick and I was thinking "damn... that should have knocked Cena the FO" and it did.

Oh and was Cena actually going for the Styles Clash when he brained Bryan?

Penguin

September Wrasslin' |OT| Summerslam? Nobody could follow that thing. Do you think HIAC could? Are you kidding me?

Dammit, that quote is too long. Even with Hell In A Cell abbreviated.

But HiAC doesn't follow it... nor is it in Sept... there's actually two PPVs before HIAC?

Anyhow, I think they made a good point yesterday

If Bryan did walk out as the champion, where would you go? I mean the company lacked a major heel.. and if Cena is taking time off... you don't get that instant rematch.

I like Bryan, but don't know if he is ready to main event with a random mid-card heel as his first feud

So they needed to do it... granted, it didn't have to be Orton... could you imagine putting another low level heel waiting for a break in that position?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh also, loved that Proto/Dragon ended with a busaiku. I don't know if Bryan is adopting it as a finisher, but I love strike endings that actually come out of nowhere. Bryan looked like he knocked Cena's head clean off with that kick and I was thinking "damn... that should have knocked Cena the FO" and it did.

My only complaint is that the announcers didn't sell it right enough, it didn't feel like a finisher from what you heard. Minor complaint though.

Marvel

could never
I thought the same thing. Odd that he would come out to that music. Knew something was up right then.

First time in a while the E has fooled me. I thought it was a little weird but still thought HHH was gonna call it right down the line as the face he's been for ages.

Nice Bork gifs strobogo! I'm actually just about to watch that match again right now.

strobogo

Banned
Bork/Punk Gifs Part 2:

*Note, some of them have green pixelation. I don't know why.

i7guVC54OShNV.gif

ibgATwS2ATFnMm.gif

ivrghfjD3Ttn4.gif

iwKVo2Yknpw70.gif

ibf2ztRxqFPM1g.gif

i4TVT5BOqlSsX.gif

ibuZdBGIC2Dbd7.gif

icHeIluLwQAQC.gif

i9Z0mqM4jFCs3.gif

ibyoyJ280xFtyI.gif

ibliCDdo8KBGYm.gif

iK9jXeDzAw66s.gif

idENKc8YjzOS1.gif

Penguin

My only complaint is that the announcers didn't sell it right enough, it didn't feel like a finisher from what you heard. Minor complaint though.

I guess what happens when you debut a new finisher.

Though I guess the shock of it, could have helped
Because damn sure didn't see that as the finish.

Kaladin

HHH was out there for the swerve. He had a low key entrance (he just walked out to his music, no water or anything), he was a regular referee for the entire match, hell I kept forgetting he was even the ref. All to make you think he really was just looking to keep it fair and clean.

But as soon as he stayed in the ring after Cena left, you knew the twist was coming.
I do wonder if this is meant to be HHH and Vince together, or separate. I mean if you want to turn Vince face, you can have him be impressed by Bryan's victory and think he's worthy after all, or something. The whole McMahon family together as heels doesn't sound like a fun time at all.

I know he was out there for the swerve....but I'm talking about why he wanted to be out there for the match. He could have come out with Orton for the swerve and it would have worked just the same....might have even been less predictable. By being the special ref for that match, he got to experience how over Bryan was first hand in his biggest moment. You know that had to be part of his reasoning for being out there.

Well that's sort of why it worked for me, the announce team really only ever pop for finishers* so that really did feel like an "outta nowhere" knockout blow.

*Of course if they were doing their fucking jobs they should be reacting to every big move, not just finishers and we wouldn't even need to talk about it. If the WWE offered an alternate commentary track with like Regal and JR for five bucks more per show I would buy that in a heartbeat.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since Sammerslum is now over it may be time for a new Vince av. Thoughts?

VuHdc0P.jpg

hlhbk

I gotta say I have never been a huge fan of Brock (I mainly watched him because of the greatness known as Paul Heyman) but I think he may have won me over last night. That match with Punk was incredible.

I even have to give Cena props while he was still carried he was ok last night and gave a lot of effort.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thank you Boots! I miss being able to have an interchangeable av, when each refresh would cycle it with a few others.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Someone mentioned all the titles were being held by heels which put everything in place for a conspiracy theory.

Triple H formed an Illuminati group in WWE to have certain people be champions or prevent people from becoming champions.

Go back to Summerslam 2 years ago: Triple H counted Cena down in his match with Punk despite Cena having his foot on the rope. Reason being that Punk would've been an easier target for Nash to powerbomb than Cena. Del Rio being part of the conspiracy group cashed in. That was never explained nor mentioned again.

AJ and Sheamus were part of the conspiracy group to take the WHC off Daniel Bryan. AJ distracted Bryan and Sheamus pinned him in 18 seconds. Sheamus never acted like a good guy the entire time. For her work, AJ got put in the GM role for Raw.

The Shield were paid mercenaries to take out Ryback who was too stupid to be champ, Their reward were the title they hold.

Dunno if Heyman is in on it cause he had that whole war with Triple H.

Orton is definitely in on it.

Not sure about Curtis Axel

Triple H let loose the Wyatts as controlled chaos. That's why Bray keeps talking about fighting the machine when he's really part of it.

Marvel

could never
First Ric Flair mocking TNA at the 2K panel now Hall putting the boot in...lol.

All this avatar talk got me wanting to change mine...

jmdajr

Someone mentioned all the titles were being held by heels which put everything in place for a conspiracy theory.

Triple H formed an Illuminati group in WWE to have certain people be champions or prevent people from becoming champions.

Go back to Summerslam 2 years ago: Triple H counted Cena down in his match with Punk despite Cena having his foot on the rope. Reason being that Punk would've been an easier target for Nash to powerbomb than Cena. Del Rio being part of the conspiracy group cashed in. That was never explained nor mentioned again.

AJ and Sheamus were part of the conspiracy group to take the WHC off Daniel Bryan. AJ distracted Bryan and Sheamus pinned him in 18 seconds. Sheamus never acted like a good guy the entire time. For her work, AJ got put in the GM role for Raw.

The Shield were paid mercenaries to take out Ryback who was too stupid to be champ, Their reward were the title they hold.

cisO8.gif

If only Sheamus were around for Del Rio's Irish bar brawl, ADR was fortunate to have Drew along for the ride, the Scottish streets he came from aren't quite as mean but i'm sure they're mean enough for him to be handy in a scuffle.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Triple H let loose the Wyatts as controlled chaos. That's why Bray keeps talking about fighting the machine when he's really part of it.

424%20-%20Raw%20animated_macro%20gif%20r-truth%20the_miz%20wwe.gif

Bloodwake

Well, WWE delivered what was undoubtedly their best PPV effort of the year. Christian and Del Rio was a great match. Punk and Lesnar delivered an all out brawl that is without a doubt a match of the year candidate. And then, to close the show, Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship. The entire arena had a Stone Cold level pop. There was streamers and pyro. This is where the PPV should have ended.

And then, in the last ten minutes, WWE decided that they want the audiences they have fought all summer to gain back to turn the channel after RAW and never turn them back.

The phrase "same old shit" couldn't apply more to the finish of this PPV. It had every bad booking decision you could think of from the past ten years of WWE without John Cena running out and winning the title from Orton. Randy Orton wins the WWE title after the fan favorite up and comer holds the belt for a total of three minutes. It's basically an exact rip of the finish of Summerslam 2011 where Punk beats Cena and then loses to Alberto Del Rio. Triple H pedigrees and kills up and coming talent. The McMahon family turns heel again for the 100000th time. Heel Orton carries the title and has absolutely no new feuds that are interesting. We've seen Orton fight Bryan, Punk, and Cena multiple times now. Dolph Ziggler? Like the WWE that booked this bullshit would ever even consider that as a possibility. SAME OLD FUCKING BULLSHIT.

For those morons out there saying Evolution is back together: I am sure that as early as tonight WWE will make sure you know that is not what happened. Evolution won't even be mentioned on TV.

How many times can you shit on Daniel Bryan before the crowd treats him like he's Christian? "Hey, there's that guy we used to like until WWE made sure that we knew he would never be a true champion."

Seriously, it was my favorite PPV of the past two years until they pulled that bullshit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sheamus should have been in Orton's place. Guy can only work as a heel. Randy works as pretty much nothing since he donned his fake Stone Cold persona. But Sheamus is perfect at acting like the bully, and it could work with continuity. Also works with Sheamus being Triple H's first big 'project'

Would have better matches too since Sheamus can go.

hlhbk

Well, WWE delivered what was undoubtedly their best PPV effort of the year. Christian and Del Rio was a great match. Punk and Lesnar delivered an all out brawl that is without a doubt a match of the year candidate. And then, to close the show, Daniel Bryan defeated John Cena for the WWE Championship. The entire arena had a Stone Cold level pop. There was streamers and pyro. This is where the PPV should have ended.

And then, in the last ten minutes, WWE decided that they want the audiences they have fought all summer to gain back to turn the channel after RAW and never turn them back.

The phrase "same old shit" couldn't apply more to the finish of this PPV. It had every bad booking decision you could think of from the past ten years of WWE without John Cena running out and winning the title from Orton. Randy Orton wins the WWE title after the fan favorite up and comer holds the belt for a total of three minutes. It's basically an exact rip of the finish of Summerslam 2011 where Punk beats Cena and then loses to Alberto Del Rio. Triple H pedigrees and kills up and coming talent. The McMahon family turns heel again for the 100000th time. Heel Orton carries the title and has absolutely no new feuds that are interesting. We've seen Orton fight Bryan, Punk, and Cena multiple times now. Dolph Ziggler? Like the WWE that booked this bullshit would ever even consider that as a possibility. SAME OLD FUCKING BULLSHIT.

For those morons out there saying Evolution is back together: I am sure that as early as tonight WWE will make sure you know that is not what happened. Evolution won't even be mentioned on TV.

How many times can you shit on Daniel Bryan before the crowd treats him like he's Christian? "Hey, there's that guy we used to like until WWE made sure that we knew he would never be a true champion."

Seriously, it was my favorite PPV of the past two years until they pulled that bullshit.

WTF are you smoking. See this is the GAF rage that cracks me up!

#1. This is nothing but a great thing for Bryan. This storyline is custom built for him to come out on top and be the focus. If you can't see that you need to open your eyes.

#2. People said DX would never come back and they did. Evolution is on its way back and its a great thing.

#3. A heel HHH is a great thing. Just imagineing heel HHH and Bryan promos gives me chills.

Finally WWE is interesting again. Getting the spotlight off of SuperCena!

Bloodwake

The worst thing about it is that Orton deserves to hold a title. The man has worked his hardest this year and has actually developed into a quality worker. It's unfortunate that he is also a victim of bad booking once again.

Marvel

could never
Sheamus should have been in Orton's place. Guy can only work as a heel. Randy works as pretty much nothing since he donned his fake Stone Cold persona. But Sheamus is perfect at acting like the bully, and it could work with continuity. Also works with Sheamus being Triple H's first big 'project'

Would have better matches too since Sheamus can go.

Nice to see a fellow Sheamus fan... yes he makes a brilliant bully heel. I don't see him turning anytime soon what with randy back to his old evil tricks.

Still...I like this better than face orton pulling stupid faces with his tongue out begging the crowd to stand up and cheer for him when he wants to do an RKO also "My name... is Randy Orton" udontsay lol. Glad we don't get that shit anymore.

Penguin

The worst thing about it is that Orton deserves to hold a title. The man has worked his hardest this year and has actually developed into a quality worker. It's unfortunate that he is also a victim of bad booking once again.

How is it bad booking?

Orton instantly becomes the number 1 heel in the company and Bryan becomes the number 1 babyface with a large-reaching storyline and the sympathy of the fans for being screwed AGAIN.

If I had to make one change, it would be that Orton and Bryan had an actual match and when it looked like Bryan would have won, have Triple H turn on him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd much rather see Bryan vs Brock than Orton vs Bryan but whatever. I kind of like that Brock's this outsider figure.

tumblr_mrrpy1ExwQ1rrg3b8o1_500.png

if it was AJ, 'That's from Batman and Robin in case you guys didn't know. #Suchanerd!'

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
If you don't think the conspiracy thing is plausible, it happened before with the Corporate Ministry. :(

Omega

Banned

#1. This is nothing but a great thing for Bryan. This storyline is custom built for him to come out on top and be the focus. If you can't see that you need to open your eyes.

#2. People said DX would never come back and they did. Evolution is on its way back and its a great thing.

#3. A heel HHH is a great thing. Just imagineing heel HHH and Bryan promos gives me chills.

in theory yes, and while I think that will happen, let's not forget this is the WWE.

at any given moment they can just say "well we change our minds, to midcard hell you go"

Bloodwake

1. How? Bryan has beaten Orton on free TV clean multiple times. If he wins the belt back it would not draw and the fans wouldn't be interested. The added McMahon family hijinx were the worst part of the Cena and Bryan build. It won't add any groundbreaking drama to the Orton and Bryan feud. I fear that the crowd is going to cool on Bryan and WWE is going to back off of his push by the end of this bullshit.

2. Batista and Flair aren't coming out tonight on RAW. This is not an Evolution reunion. Storyline wise, it makes no sense. Triple H helping Orton win the belt was less about giving the belt to Orton and more about getting the belt off of Cena and Bryan. It's not an alliance between the two.

3. Heel Triple H is a good thing. But even Punk didn't get one over on Triple H. Just another example of "this older established guy is way better than these new up and comers you cheer for."

PS: The only reason Cena isn't in the spotlight is because he's taking time off. I expect him back by Survivor Series. It wouldn't surprise me if Orton and Cena were fighting for the title by the Rumble.

Ithil

If he gets a remixed rock version of Flight of the Valkyries with vocals and lyrics added, you know the WWE are behind him.

Bloodwake

You may say my posts are dumb.

But this is the WWE we are talking about.

Do you really trust them to book Bryan out of this? Because I sure as fuck don't.

Top Bottom