• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Ithil

Let's look at history.

Austin refuses to leave Anaheim RAW. The police have to fucking wrestle him down and arrest him.
Bryan leaves with the security guards willingly.

Austin disrupts the WWE Title coronation by driving a fucking vehicle to the ring and laying everyone the fuck out.
Bryan walks to the ring by himself, right in the middle of a huge trap (Admiral Ackbar might as well be on the fucking commentary team) and gets his ass beat down by everyone.

I'm seeing a difference in quality here.

Bryan is not Austin, and this is not Vince/Austin, it's a similar TYPE of story, not literally the same one.

You're looking for things to complain about here.

How long have you guys been watching wrestling? This is how you make an audience pissed off and build sympathy for a good guy. It's face booking 101.

The way I see it, Bryan is going to be put through the ringer and we're going to see what he's made of in a series of matches against guys of HHH's choosing. Each victory will result in McMahon and HHH losing their shit, until THEY start in-fighting and explode. It'll all somehow come to a head at the Royal Rumble or WM30 with fans popping hard for Bryan FINALLY winning it all on the grandest stage.

Yeah. Face gotta chase. Booking 101.

Face in an angle vs. the Mcmahons? You're getting pushed to the moon.

Let's look at history.

Austin refuses to leave Anaheim RAW. The police have to fucking wrestle him down and arrest him.
Bryan leaves with the security guards willingly.

Austin disrupts the WWE Title coronation by driving a fucking vehicle to the ring and laying everyone the fuck out.
Bryan walks to the ring by himself, right in the middle of a huge trap (Admiral Ackbar might as well be on the fucking commentary team) and gets his ass beat down by everyone.

I'm seeing a difference in quality here.

Yes, there is a difference. Daniel Bryan is not Stone Cold Steve Austin.

remnant

Banned
How do you seriously fight against that? All the bosses of the company, no one seemingly has your back....seriously, tell me how?

I like that they've given ME a reason to hate Triple H, Vince and fuck...ANY villain in WWE at this point but really......how do you fight against that?

Even Austin was given a fighting chance against Vince....they make it seem like Bryan doesn't even have that.

Someone tell me how you'd book this thing, I wanna know. I mean, even at the height of the McDrama, one of the McMahons representing a controlling portion of the company gave the wrestlers the others were trying to hold down a chance....but this?

And I'm sorry, I don't see Shane or Linda coming back for this angle....it could be a foil, but not really believable at this stage.

...That's the storyline. We don't know.

Maybe bryan goes after the Shield. Maybe Bryan interrupts Orton matches. Maybe attacks Steph or Vince. Maybe bryan teams up with another face like Punk or Ziggler (Hell they set up 2 guys tonight they could do that with next week)

Shit, It could be as easy as "I have a rematch clause." We don't know. That's why it could be fun.

McNei1y

Will Dbry go at this alone or will there be another group coming at the Corporation 2.0 at a different angle? Like Mark Henry, Ziggler, and Show?

I do like the potential of Shawn Michaels being injected into this issue with the drama surrounding who he supports: his best friend, HHH, or the guy he trained, Bryan. They should pull the trigger on this one around Mania if they have Bryan win the Rumble to go on and face Orton.

Can you imagine the McMahons and HHH being at ringside for Orton with Michaels at ringside playing that "who does he support?" angle? Can you imagine the nuclear pop when he finally superkicks HHH at ringside?

somedevil

The question is when do they give Bryan the title? Can they really wait till April 6 to give him the title? I bet the better chance is he gets the title either at Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.

Zep

Banned
The only thing I ask for from Bryan going forward is not to sound too whiny on the mic. Tonight gets a pass because he had to play it that way, but going forward I would like to see him be more verbally aggressive towards HHH and the McMahons.

Razorskin

----- ------
Ft0pjm8.jpg

They call me Mr. Glass

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like the potential of Shawn Michaels being injected into this issue with the drama surrounding who he supports: his best friend, HHH, or the guy he trained, Bryan. They should pull the trigger on this one around Mania if they have Bryan win the Rumble to go on and face Orton.

Can you imagine the McMahons and HHH being at ringside for Orton with Michaels at ringside playing that "who does he support?" angle? Can you imagine the nuclear pop when he finally superkicks HHH at ringside?

and then Regal, the guy who ACTUALLY trained Dbry shows up to save Bryan from them both.

#fantasybookit

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Will Dbry go at this alone or will there be another group coming at the Corporation 2.0 at a different angle? Like Mark Henry, Ziggler, and Show?

That would be my bet. You get a chance to push Ziggs too and do something with the shield. Its the new union.

and if this is the new corporation, we should get a couple of decent swerves and heel turns out of it. Don't know if we'll get a new "IT WAS ME ALL ALONG" moment though

The007JiM

I like this Bryan vs the new corporation. This can be very good for Bryan in a long term.
Bryan is not Stone Cold. Bryan is not Punk. But he might become a very good face and a leader in his own fresh indy-rebel style and push his persona to limits we don't know yet.

Also Heel Orton is best Orton.

I want to see some Bryan+Punk vs the corporation (and a more strong corporation) just like the old times, but i know Punk is busy with Heyman right now and Bryan is just starting.

Penguin

The question is when do they give Bryan the title? Can they really wait till April 6 to give him the title? I bet the better chance is he gets the title either at Royal Rumble or Survivor Series.

That's what I fear

Does the WWE know how to book a match for nearly 7 1/2 months

Granted, only need to be patient until the Rumble.

And could give him a rematch next month and screw him out of it.

Toki767

It's only 8 months of booking...that's 32 RAWs...surely they could make it interesting.

They've been better lately about long term booking at least.

I meant my statement as a joke while I was watching Bryan getting owned without putting much more resistance, and fun fact lets not forget that it is Triple H we are dealing with, who knows what the fuck a burial is and a face booking whenever he is associated with a storyline.

We sure have come a long way from "LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THE WINNER OF THIS FATAL 4-WAY WILL FACE THE UNDERTAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA!" bullshit.

somedevil

That's what I fear

Does the WWE know how to book a match for nearly 7 1/2 months

Granted, only need to be patient until the Rumble.

And could give him a rematch next month and screw him out of it.

Yeah its going to be Bryan vs Orton next month. I'm just afraid can they actually do this long term booking. They are not known for it with Vince basically changing things at the last moment and sometimes long term booking doesn't work. Just look at Aces and Eights.

Yeah. The reason I mentioned it is because it's an asset they've not even come close to exploiting.

In fact, last night, with HBK in the booth in the pre-game show, was the first time I ever have heard HBK really acknowledge the connection on WWE TV. They've mentioned it before in commentary, but I've never heard it from HBK himself. The fact that he did say it last night wasn't lost on me.

and then Regal, the guy who ACTUALLY trained Dbry shows up to save Bryan from them both.

#fantasybookit

Have Regal come in to help him mop up the SHIELD (Ambrose/Regal ONE MORE TIME) THEN have HBK inject himself in the HHH matchup.

Alucard

Banned
Does anyone else wanna see a Punk/Lesnar best-of-three, with the final match culminating with Paul Heyman being suspended above the ring in a cage ala J.J. Dillon in Sting/Flair to prevent him from interfering?

Couldn't find a picture, but something like this...

20121024_RichSawyer2_642.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
It's only 8 months of booking...that's 32 RAWs...surely they could make it interesting.

They've been better lately about long term booking at least.

In my fantasy booking dreams and if the current angles work, Punk and Bryan will be the major faces to carry the company (Punk is pretty much vetted at this point) Bryan wins the WWE title from Orton, MchMahon's interfere, Cena runs in, swerves Bryan, wins the belt, setting up a good rematch for WM.

Have you read half the posts from guys here? 90% of the time its about how shit the product is without even acknowledging that it's come leaps and bounds over the years. Yes, they fuck up royally, but they have churned out some amazing things.

CM Punk is a top level super star,
D Brian is a top level super star,
Dolph Ziggler is on his way up,
Alberto Del Rio is incredible in the ring,
El Generico, Claudio Castignolli, Samurai Del Sol are all set to debut.

The Wyatt's are the 2013 version of the Ministry of Darkness.
The Shield is fuck awesome.

We have some die hard fans here, but I am totally into the product these days. NJPW while might have better wrestling (like ROH in the past), is still my second preference.

I didn't know they signed him :O

WWE is definitely getting interesting again!

This is probably going to rumble Bryan will win the title and be out of the McMahon storyline after. I'm sure this is going to Vince vs HHH but Vince won't get in the ring for a full match so it will be Cena vs HHH at mania for the company or HHHs job

Alucard

Banned
Yeah its going to be Bryan vs Orton next month. I'm just afraid can they actually do this long term booking. They are not known for it with Vince basically changing things at the last moment and sometimes long term booking doesn't work. Just look at Aces and Eights.

I don't know. Based on tonight, I can easily see Bryan/Orton being delayed with HHH standing in front of Orton and protecting him, telling Bryan that Bryan's "not good enough" to face Randy. And HHH puts obstacles in Bryan's way until at leeeeaaaast Survivor Series, which is where Bryan gets screwed out of ANOTHER title victory due to interference or shenanigans of some kind, only to have him WIN the Royal Rumble and go from there until WM. Of course, by that time Cena will also have returned and will likely stick his nose into this feud in some way to ride Bryan's waves.

WHAT'S THE ONE NJPW G1 MATCH I SHOULD WATCH TONIGHT? I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING FROM IT!

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I kinda want Sheamus to come back early so he and Ryback can be a douchebag tag team

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I bet after his rematch, Bryan's only way to get a title shot is to win the Rumble. They put a bounty on his head and everyone fails.

Kaladin

This is the first time since the McMahon / Helmsley Era that WWE has had heels that I want to hate for a reason other than the fact that they suck, or have overstayed their welcome. This really does feel like a new era for WWE and I like where they're going with it. I'm not going to say they're firing on all cylinders, they're firing on different cylinders. Seriously, this WWE seems like night and day compared to the one leading up to Wrestlemania this year. Sure, there are still some things in the mid-card that put me to sleep, but they're even working on that and it's getting better slowly but surely.

Dammit, it's good to be a fan again.

I don't know. Based on tonight, I can easily see Bryan/Orton being delayed with HHH standing in front of Orton and protecting him, telling Bryan that Bryan's "not good enough" to face Randy. And HHH puts obstacles in Bryan's way until at leeeeaaaast Survivor Series, which is where Bryan gets screwed out of ANOTHER title victory due to interference or shenanigans of some kind, only to have him WIN the Royal Rumble and go from there until WM. Of course, by that time Cena will also have returned and will likely stick his nose into this feud in some way to ride Bryan's waves.

WHAT'S THE ONE NJPW G1 MATCH I SHOULD WATCH TONIGHT? I HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING FROM IT!

Katsuyori Shibata vs. Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW - 04/08/2013)

then

Kota Ibushi vs Shinsuke Nakamura

McNei1y

I kinda want Sheamus to come back early so he and Ryback can be a douchebag tag team

I was just about to say that I kind of want Sheamus to go heel and join Corporation 2.0. I wouldn't mind a Bryan vs (H) Sheamus match.

I like Bully Ryback, btw. I'm just confused at who he will fight with at this point.

Top Bottom