• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Alucard

Banned
I bet after his rematch, Bryan's only way to get a title shot is to win the Rumble. They put a bounty on his head and everyone fails.

THAT would be some EXCELLENT fucking television. Would love to see Bryan persevere and come out on top sweating like a fiend after drawing #1 in the Rumble, and lasting the whole way through. Now, I WANT to see it. Dang.

How many PPVs between now and Royal Rumble?

Night of Champs - Orton beats Bryan due to screw job finish
Survivor Series (?) - Bryan faces one of the members of The Shield (probably Rollins) and wins
TLC - Bryan is put into some kind of tag match...maybe against Rollins and Reigns...and WINS
Rumble - Bryan draws #1 and goes through EVERYBODY

The road to WM is set.

What am I missing here?

McNei1y

This is the first time since the McMahon / Helmsley Era that WWE has had heels that I want to hate for a reason other than the fact that they suck, or have overstayed their welcome. This really does feel like a new era for WWE and I like where they're going with it. I'm not going to say they're firing on all cylinders, they're firing on different cylinders. Seriously, this WWE seems like night and day compared to the one leading up to Wrestlemania this year. Sure, there are still some things in the mid-card that put me to sleep, but they're even working on that and it's getting better slowly but surely.

Dammit, it's good to be a fan again.

I totally agree. I still root for a lot of the heels currently (Sandow and Cesaro and The Shield for example) but I'm actually against Heel Orton and Heel HHH (even though both are great at it.) Hell, Lesnar and Heyman (who I've always enjoyed) are giving the same vibe. ADR might even be on his way there too. It's fantastic. I feel like a kid again.

I really want HHH to come out to My Time.

Toki767

THAT would be some EXCELLENT fucking television. Would love to see Bryan persevere and come out on top sweating like a fiend after drawing #1 in the Rumble, and lasting the whole way through. Now, I WANT to see it. Dang.

How many PPVs between now and Summerslam?

Survivor Series (?) - Bryan faces one of the members of The Shield (probably Rollins) and wins
TLC - Bryan is put into some kind of tag match...maybe against Rollins and Reigns...and WINS

The road to WM is set.

What am I missing here?

Hell in a Cell in October. Which is probably going to be the last Bryan/Orton match for the year. And probably the only time Hell in a Cell has been used to as a blowoff to a feud since it started being its own PPV.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
20030929_hhh.jpg

that's how Batista paid for all those custom made suits!

How many PPVs between now and Summerslam?

The road to WM is set.

What am I missing here?

It would be excellent tv if it already didn't happen before. See Stone Cold's Rumble plot line in 98 and 99.

The road to WM is set.

What am I missing here?

The fact that Cena is coming back in 4-6 months, and this is WM 30.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife

Cena isn't winning the Rumble again

and the bad part about that plot line is Orton would have to remain champion all the way to Mania.

Meltzer already hint that after Daniel Bryan, Punk will go after Orton.

Dunno who Orton will wrestle at Rumble...maybe Big Show.

KissVibes

Banned

Cena is fighting Taker at WM30. By the time he comes back, he'll have some dumb feud with somebody and then those bells will toll. The Deadman wants Cena's soul.

Cena beats the streak.

It's Daniel and Orton all the way to WrestleMania. Orton feuds with Punk over who get's the next shot. It's VERY drawn out and lasts until WM31, where Punk takes on Bryan.

This is the first time since the McMahon / Helmsley Era that WWE has had heels that I want to hate for a reason other than the fact that they suck, or have overstayed their welcome. This really does feel like a new era for WWE and I like where they're going with it. I'm not going to say they're firing on all cylinders, they're firing on different cylinders. Seriously, this WWE seems like night and day compared to the one leading up to Wrestlemania this year. Sure, there are still some things in the mid-card that put me to sleep, but they're even working on that and it's getting better slowly but surely.

Dammit, it's good to be a fan again.

basically this

The road to WM is set.

What am I missing here?

believe you're missing Battlegrounds

KissVibes

Banned
I think Christian wants a shot.

Christian versus Undertaker at WM30 would get me moist as fuck. I'm talking waterfalls, here.

But he'll be too busy putting over a young guy in the WHC picture or have retired and become a trainer or TV personality by WM30.

I thought Brock was gonna fight Taker come WM 30. Now that would be something.

Old man can't handle the beast and he doesn't have much time left. He HAS to pass the torch to a young full-timer like Cena. Lesnar isn't young and he only works limited dates.

Cena had an awful 2012 and 2013 hasn't been great. He'll need that rub from Taker if they want him to be a genuine superstar in the future.

When will The Brothers of Destruction ft. Christian fight The Wyatt Family?

Please no. I don't want Kane anywhere near the Wyatt's again. It's awful and boring.

Joeki11a

Banned
Thunder throwback...

Bret calls out Goldberg for the infamous mule kick...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7rG9qkfXvGw

Cant believe that was turned into an angle and Bret looks silly yelling
like a fool, did the kick ruin his hearing to?

They also show replays and clearly Bret did a bad job at protecting himself from that kick...

Alucard

Banned
that's how Batista paid for all those custom made suits!

It would be excellent tv if it already didn't happen before. See Stone Cold's Rumble plot line in 98 and 99.

Dude, you're old. That was FIFTEEN YEARS AGO. All wrestling does is recycle what worked in the past. There are kids who have no idea who Stone Cold was.

Kaladin

So....

September Wrasslin' |OT| Austin / McMahon Pt 2...Are you ready?

September Wrasslin' |OT| We're riding this rocket all the way to Wrestlemania

or to quote Jim Ross....

September Wrasslin' |OT| DAMN YOU ALL TO HELL TRIPLE H!!! YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

I would also welcome other Jim Ross / Triple H quotes.

Yeah, that's where I'm going with September.

McNei1y

Please no. I don't want Kane anywhere near the Wyatt's again. It's awful and boring.

I thought that's what the long term build was leading towards? I mean Bray wants Kane to join them but Kane will probably refuse and Undertaker will probably team up with Kane at some point. I just threw Christian in there to throw Ministry guy in there.

I just realized that Ziggler is probably going to feud for the US title.

Yeah. Which will be cool. The US Title has some prestige behind it with Ambrose holding the belt. I mean he just fought against RVD. If only the IC Belt had some honor.

Speaking of which, where are the Face stables?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

The road to WM is set.

What am I missing here?
Night of Champions
Battleground
Hell in a Cell
Survivor Series
TLC
Royal Rumble

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dirt sheets are reporting that Beef, once thought of as banned for life from the GWF, wrestled his heart out in the match of his career in what would certainly be a Match of the Year candidate...and it was a dark match. Htown refuses to comment.

Has Beef finally learned to hustle? Has he earned the respect of the IWC? Is he secretly loyal to the company?

This was just one small bit of the excitement that happened on the most chaotic GWF ever.

A new faction, everyone laid out, multiple title changes, and a HIGHER POWER?

KissVibes

Banned
I thought that's what the long term build was leading towards? I mean Bray wants Kane to join them but Kane will probably refuse and Undertaker will probably team up with Kane at some point. I just threw Christian in there to throw Ministry guy in there.

I just don't like it. Kane isn't a good fit in that angle, I don't think. He doesn't feel as creepy or chaotic as Bray. He's not the big red machine anymore, he's Daniel Bryan's buddy that truthfully likes hugs and love. I firmly believe you need somebody smaller and 'vulnerable' for Bray to feud with. Somebody who can hang on until that one big match where he just gets mentally and physically broken down by Bray.

I thought that too but then they had Show do the same thing.

So clearly, he's actually gonna feud for the tag team titles with the Big Show

Mark and Show are going after the tag titles (Show confirmed this).
Ziggler after the US title (assuming).

I like the idea of bigger stars in the US and IC picture but man, I just feel like had Ziggler not been concussed he would've defended his WHC title last night against Christian or Big E with an attempted Sandow cash-in.

Now he's probably back chasing the lowest title.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF Results

Htown arrives and calls out Perspicacity to show off the Equality Cup. The Frankman interrupts. Tells Pepsi City he has an army. Queen of Thorns and Heavy show up with Frankman, Pepsi City flies out of the ring and runs away. Frankman talks about this being a new era, and how he's leading the Dominant Nation.

New Tag Team Champions - after being laid out backstage, B-Arthur and Shark Johnson lose their titles to #teammask

Soulplaya returns from jail with a friend - bah gawd it's Kane!

Soulplaya and Kane lose to Bootaaay and Jamie OD, the PPPP - after Soulplaya got LEGIT SHOOK in the ring by Kane hurting him.

The Frankman is shown laid out in the back!

Htown is speaking to a shadowy figure who has been knocking people out backstage. The camera pans to show it is STROBOGO! SWERVE! Stro and Htown are behind the beatings! Before he leaves Stro mentions that they are BOTH working for

THE HIGHER POWER! SWERVE x2!

Sokantish is found laid out in the ring. Who laid him out? His mandatory title defense is against Net_Wrecker, who cashes in his Money in the GWF Briefcase and wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Sokantish!

Professor Beef was victorious against Frankman and Perspicacity in a three-way dark match. Professor Beef's contract has been reinstated and we will see him next week!

Short show but sets the table for a banquet of fuckery.

Mark and Show are going after the tag titles (Show confirmed this).
Ziggler after the US title (assuming).

I like the idea of bigger stars in the US and IC picture but man, I just feel like had Ziggler not been concussed he would've defended his WHC title last night against Christian or Big E with an attempted Sandow cash-in.

Now he's probably back chasing the lowest title.

fucking jack swagger

GWF Results

Htown arrives and calls out Perspicacity to show off the Equality Cup. The Frankman interrupts. Tells Pepsi City he has an army. Queen of Thorns and Heavy show up with Frankman, Pepsi City flies out of the ring and runs away. Frankman talks about this being a new era, and how he's leading the Dominant Nation.

New Tag Team Champions - after being laid out backstage, B-Arthur and Shark Johnson lose their titles to #teammask

Soulplaya returns from jail with a friend - bah gawd it's Kane!

Soulplaya and Kane lose to Bootaaay and Jamie OD, the PPPP - after Soulplaya got LEGIT SHOOK in the ring by Kane hurting him.

The Frankman is shown laid out in the back!

Htown is speaking to a shadowy figure who has been knocking people out backstage. The camera pans to show it is STROBOGO! SWERVE! Stro and Htown are behind the beatings! Before he leaves Stro mentions that they are BOTH working for

THE HIGHER POWER! SWERVE x2!

Sokantish is found laid out in the ring. Who laid him out? His mandatory title defense is against Net_Wrecker, who cashes in his Money in the GWF Briefcase and wins the World Heavyweight Championship from Sokantish!

Professor Beef was victorious against Frankman and Perspicacity in a three-way dark match. Professor Beef's contract has been reinstated and we will see him next week!

yo GWF was top this week but WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT at the last sentence in these spoilers

I watched and I just didn't see that coming

Top Bottom