• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I the past year I have beat.... 3 games.

DMC, Gears of War 3, and Last of Us.

Man DmC and Gears 3 were soooo good. Gears 3 is still one of the best values in gaming right now. Obscene amount of non-campaign content.

Kaladin

Man DmC and Gears 3 were soooo good. Gears 3 is still one of the best values in gaming right now. Obscene amount of non-campaign content.

BTW Sunny, you should def give Last Of Us another shot. It's still repetitive, but it gets better and they alternate the zombie/clicker encounters with the random mercenary encounters....and both amp up as you go on. The last one I just did with the Sniper was fun.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
BTW Sunny, you should def give Last Of Us another shot. It's still repetitive, but it gets better and they alternate the zombie/clicker encounters with the random mercenary encounters....and both amp up as you go on. The last one I just did with the Sniper was fun.

I'll be happy to once it's <$20 used. I got about 50% in and my PS3 (a Phat) started not working. Haven't returned to it since.

Miz , Kofi and Wade higher than swagske

Da fuck

xgaWqq1.png

Genichiro Tenryu & Shiro Koshinaka (c) vs Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima - IWGP Heavyweight Tag Titles - (NJPW 01/04/99)

Fun match, this is actually the first time TenKoji teamed together, as Tenzan's regular partner Masa Chono was sidelined with a neck injury. Tenzan & Kojima had often been on the opposite sides of random tag matches in the early years of their careers, as well as facing off in a couple of singles matches, but they'd only ever teamed together once before in a 6-man tag just a few weeks prior to this match. Unsurprisingly, the veteran Heisei Ishingun duo of Tenryu & Koshinaka provide a rather stern test for the fledgeling tag team, but it's a whole lot of fun seeing them stand up to grumpy old Tenryu & the unconventional Koshinaka.

jred2k

How are the 398 people worse than Wes brisco.

Who comes up with this stuff

He is ONE rank below Suzuki.

I wonder how many points dark matches count for? JTG coming in at 190.

I don't even understand the point in making a list of anything if your just going to throw shit at a page and see what sticks like that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck that list. Let's do a SWERVE list.

Hot/Cold

In order from HOTTEST to COLDEST

Hottest
NJPW
Shinsuke Nakamura
Summerslam
Stephanie McMahon
Daniel Bryan
Heel HHH
Wrestling Is...
Curtis Axel feuds
Ring of Fire matches
TNA
Coldest

My impromptu PWI top 10

1) Daniel Bryan
2) okada
3) tanahashi
4) Punk
5) Cena
6) nakamura
7) the shield
8)prince devitt
9) Karl Anderson
10)Michel Elgin

Ithil

Who knows. Rumor has it he was close but was unmovitated in the gym. He just got a singlet to hide his fat and hes been off of NXT Tv for 2 months. We will see of he is back at Thursdays tapings.

Would not mind a debut as one of the random schmoes Ryback bullies, only for him to give Ryback the discus elbow and knock him out.

strobogo

Banned
PC doesn't always get the best streaming quality though like consoles do. I also like that the PS3 is still the best blu-ray player on the market. I don't know if you've ever looked into playing Blu-ray on PC but it's a pain in the ass. Strobogo can tell you that.

Definitely a pain in the ass. Even on my new one, I don't even bother with it. And I've certainly found to have better streaming quality from Hulu/Netflix/Amazon/Youtube through my 360 than just normal PC. PC versions of those pretty regularly drop in quality or stutter, particularly Hulu, which sometimes turns into a colorful pixelated mess that has to be refreshed to keep watching.

strobogo

Banned
What makes me lol about MMA fans is they got totally WORKED by Bork and didn't even realize it. And they shit talk pro wrestling, but always pop big whenever Austin/Taker/Goldberg/Rock/HHH show up on screen at events. MMA fans are bigger fans of wrestling than they will admit, probably even to themselves. The reason MMA exploded in 2005 was because they started running it more like pro wrestling.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
JTG is at 190 and he's had a total of 11 matches this year and most of those were house shows. I just don't get it.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I never expected anything from Gamescom. Just like you're a fool if you think TGS will have anything important, but it did show me that Sony's padding out their '40 launch games' with a bunch of indie stuff you can find elsewhere.

Who's going to go out and buy a 400 dollar system to play fucking Rogue Legacy when anyone's computer can do it? They already showed off, what was it, 8 indie games in a short, concise manner at E3. Why spend all this time on them? Indie games are games you buy after you already own the system and want something else to play them on. You do not prop your system up on them. You do not say, 'hey buy this 400 dollar console or this 200 dollar handheld so you can play games that are about 3 hours long, feature a TOTALLY UNIQUE, ORIGINAL, QUIRKY CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK, and eat up about 10% of a Gateway from 2005's processing power.'

It's this thing where you can obviously tell everyone's going 'well Minecraft did real well, so let's just push a spot for every indie we can and hope that one of those is as successful as that.' It was a colossal waste of time showing off games that a laptop, a notebook, a tablet can all do. It should have been a 5 minute sizzle reel at best. Not a single one of those games couldn't be done on PS3. It would be fine if they were actually showing ambitious stuff that was done by veterans with a large vision instead of some 'deep, emotionally touching platformer starring this indie 8bit hipster who lost his mother' like saying 'Star Citizen is going to be on our platform.' or 'X Rebirth is going to be on our platform.' Hey man, Rogue Legacy though! That game I can get on Steam for like 1 dollar by the time it's out on PS4. And more indie games that the Vita can rest its laurels on instead of making rich, compelling experiences on the thing other than a new Ys.

Net_Hipster.

Alright Professor Beef

JTG is at 190 and he's had a total of 11 matches this year and most of those were house shows. I just don't get it.

Camacho is 200 and Hunico is 196. I don't think they've had any matches outside of Axxess since last summer. I don't even think they've been on NXT for like a year at least

strobogo

Banned
WWE.com has a list of 15 rarely seen big match ups. The main one that I want to talk about is Savage vs Steamboat from Maple Leaf Gardens in 1986. I'm pretty sure this is the one I saw, but they might have had one at MLG shortly before or after WM3 that I think is better than the Wrestlemania match. I had 24/7 for a bit and I loved the MLG and MSG shows. Regardless, it was amazing.

I don't know why they insist on being a cocktease by showing you a 2 minute highlight instead of just putting the full matches up online.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I never expected anything from Gamescom. Just like you're a fool if you think TGS will have anything important, but it did show me that Sony's padding out their '40 launch games' with a bunch of indie stuff you can find elsewhere.

Who's going to go out and buy a 400 dollar system to play fucking Rogue Legacy when anyone's computer can do it? They already showed off, what was it, 8 indie games in a short, concise manner at E3. Why spend all this time on them? Indie games are games you buy after you already own the system and want something else to play them on. You do not prop your system up on them. You do not say, 'hey buy this 400 dollar console or this 200 dollar handheld so you can play games that are about 3 hours long, feature a TOTALLY UNIQUE, ORIGINAL, QUIRKY CHIPTUNE SOUNDTRACK, and eat up about 10% of a Gateway from 2005's processing power.'

It's this thing where you can obviously tell everyone's going 'well Minecraft did real well, so let's just push a spot for every indie we can and hope that one of those is as successful as that.' It was a colossal waste of time showing off games that a laptop, a notebook, a tablet can all do. It should have been a 5 minute sizzle reel at best. Not a single one of those games couldn't be done on PS3. It would be fine if they were actually showing ambitious stuff that was done by veterans with a large vision instead of some 'deep, emotionally touching platformer starring this indie 8bit hipster who lost his mother' like saying 'Star Citizen is going to be on our platform.' or 'X Rebirth is going to be on our platform.' Hey man, Rogue Legacy though! That game I can get on Steam for like 1 dollar by the time it's out on PS4. And more indie games that the Vita can rest its laurels on instead of making rich, compelling experiences on the thing other than a new Ys.

Net_Hipster.
It's only utilizing 10%!? Just think about what they could do if they coded to the metal.

jmdajr

Hipster games. That's what seals the deal for me. I didn't even know this was a thing.
But yeah, lots of games are pretty artsy these days.

GhaleonQ

and then Regal, the guy who ACTUALLY trained Dbry shows up to save Bryan from them both.

#fantasybookit

William Regal&#8207;@RealKingRegal11h
I'm going to get soppy for a moment.People keep asking me if I was proud of D Bryan on Sunday.As incredibly proud as I was..
of him I was equally as proud after the first week I trained with him in 2000.I know he looks up to me but I equally look up to him.Top man.
Back to my usual villainous self now.

Top Bottom