• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm also fond of the most devastating running elbow in wrestling history;

iiKq3BReUKHkK.gif

CHOO CHOO!

iw7KfKuwu8yIv.gif

Still not sure if joke wrestler or really crappy wrestlers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What makes me lol about MMA fans is they got totally WORKED by Bork and didn't even realize it. And they shit talk pro wrestling, but always pop big whenever Austin/Taker/Goldberg/Rock/HHH show up on screen at events. MMA fans are bigger fans of wrestling than they will admit, probably even to themselves. The reason MMA exploded in 2005 was because they started running it more like pro wrestling.

That and it got a ton of people raised to be boxing fans who were burned out on all the corruption and sameness.

strobogo

Banned
I'm ready for a Paige vs AJ feud. They're probably going to have the best Diva matches ever. And Regal should be her personal color commentator.

It's so weird feeling excited about so many things in WWE world. It's been MANY years. Probably 2003/2004ish with Eddie and Benoit on top, killing ratings, and themselves.

XenoRaven

I'm ready for a Paige vs AJ feud. They're probably going to have the best Diva matches ever. And Regal should be her personal color commentator.

It's so weird feeling excited about so many things in WWE world. It's been MANY years. Probably 2003/2004ish with Eddie and Benoit on top, killing ratings, and themselves.
I'm not sure I could handle all the angst.

Bought guacamelee even though my backlog is DEEP!

That counts as a wrestling game right?

I wish it actually did more with the wrestling angle, it's more Mexicovania than Wrestlevania.
Juan has less charisma than Ted DiBiase jr who is apparently still employed, who knew?

A new NXT profile came up for Luther Ward. A signing from Ireland.
He has a unique look especially with that eye.

Makes him look like a skinny unmasked Kane.
If Soul were here he'd set him off as Kane's Irish son.

Remember his ring work at all? Or not noteworthy?

Don't remember much other than the mask - it was one of those TAJIRI & AKIRA vs 'random European gaijins you've never heard of' matches and they all kinda blurred into one.

He seems to be quite well regarded among mainland European fans though, as he worked a fair bit in Belgium, Germany & Poland.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Don't remember much other than the mask - it was one of those TAJIRI & AKIRA vs 'random European gaijins you've never heard of' matches and they all kinda blurred into one.

He seems to be quite well regarded among mainland European fans though, as he worked a fair bit in Belgium, Germany & Poland.

Sounds good. Looking forward to his debut as Lil Sheamus.

Was he short? Looks short where he is on the ropes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
6ft1 and 242lb, according to cagematch.

That's reasonable as long as that's his real height. They can bill him at 6'4. Unless that's his billed height, which means say hello to 5'9 truth.

strobogo

Banned
Who was booking NXT before it became the best indie promotion in the country? When I see Connor O'Brien with his Ascension gimmick, all I can think about is how terrible and stupid it was to have him do the Rizzo the Rat thing.

Who was booking NXT before it became the best indie promotion in the country? When I see Connor O'Brien with his Ascencion gimmick, all I can think about is how terrible and stupid it was to have him do the Rizzo the Rat thing.

I believe Dusty booked FCW have no idea who was in charge of redemption but they deserve a medal.

Ithil

I believe Dusty booked FCW have no idea who was in charge of redemption but they deserve a medal.

They had one single writer who did NXT Redemption, and they gave no shits about that show, so he basically did whatever he wanted. Derrick Bateman talked on Figure 4 Daily about how easy it was to give him their ideas and pitch him stuff.

On NXT now, I believe HHH over sees it all (like Vince does for the main show), and Dusty and Byron Saxton head up Creative with a few rookie writers under them (one of whom recently got called up to Smackdown).

Ithil

A new NXT profile came up for Luther Ward. A signing from Ireland.

He has a unique look especially with that eye.

They've also got two women wrestlers signed from Ireland that reported last month when the Performance Center opened, Rebecca Knox and Rachelle St. Claire. They're both indie wrestlers. Sheamus opening those floodgates.

XenoRaven

It's interesting to me when I Iook at NXT and see almost none of the prototype smiling babyfaces that seemed to be all over the place several years ago. It was like if you had a good body and a nice smile you got to be on television. Now almost everyone in NXT is either completely insane or a total asshole. The only grinning prototype babyface I know of has become self-aware and is now a total prick.

Even the women are unique and identifiable based on more than just their bodies.

strobogo

Banned
Generico is pretty much a smiling babyface, but it is awesome and feels natural and unforced. So is Xavier Woods. They only dick head face I can think of in NXT is Corey Graves, but it fits his character. He didn't change anything to turn face, he just kind of got pushed into it by fans and necessity.

But NXT is so good because everyone has a defined character and personality, which is also improving in WWE proper. But there are still plenty of guys on the main roster that are just....guys.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's interesting to me when I Iook at NXT and see almost none of the prototype smiling babyfaces that seemed to be all over the place several years ago. It was like if you had a good body and a nice smile you got to be on television. Now almost everyone in NXT is either completely insane or a total asshole. The only grinning prototype babyface I know of has become self-aware and is now a total prick.

Even the women are unique and identifiable based on more than just their bodies.

Bo Dallas is a smiling babbyface and is not self aware!

XenoRaven

I don't know man. I watched him cut an awkward promo (as I assume all Bo promos are) about how it was Zayn's fault he lost the tag match and that it was probably just because he was nervous from being in the ring with such a big name as NXT Champion Bo Dallas.

I think they've responded to the hate by turning him into a parody. He's become so insufferably self-righteous and egotistical that no one could possibly like him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I don't know man. I watched him cut an awkward promo (as I assume all Bo promos are) about how it was Zayn's fault he lost the tag match and that it was probably just because he was nervous from being in the ring with such a big name as NXT Champion Bo Dallas.

I think they've responded to the hate by turning him into a parody. He's become so insufferably self-righteous and egotistical that no one could possibly like him.

The writers, perhaps, but...

Does Bo Know?

Top Bottom