• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Showaddy

Just found this picture of Summerslam and Wyatt's lamp situation is really bugging me. I know it's trivial but he walked into the match with an LED lamp then lit a real one and walked out with it. Why not just use the real on all the time? Looks 10x better.

20130820_Light_WhereIsKane_HOMEPAGE.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just found this picture of Summerslam and Wyatt's lamp situation is really bugging me. I know it's trivial but he walked into the match with an LED lamp then lit a real one and walked out with it. Why not just use the real on all the time? Looks 10x better.

Fire/building code.

nappy

Neo Member
I recently picked up a habit of doing a Rainmaker pose whenever I feel like it. Like, after scoring a good break or potting an individual hard ball in Russian pyramid. It feels so good, lol. I think I've been watching too much of NJPW.

XenoRaven

I recently picked up a habit of doing a Rainmaker pose whenever I feel like it. Like, after scoring a good break or potting an individual hard ball in Russian pyramid. It feels so good, lol. I think I've been watching too much of NJPW.
I get the urge to do Devitt's finger gun and Shinsuke's weird shaking thing that Suzuki always makes fun of at work. It is incredibly hard to resist.

XenoRaven

Also now that I've been watching NXT more I always want randomly yell KRUUGAAAAAA and do the Emma dance. I just assumed that happened to everybody.

tm24

I get the urge to do Devitt's finger gun and Shinsuke's weird shaking thing that Suzuki always makes fun of at work. It is incredibly hard to resist.

I do the Nakamura hand shake thing all the time now. It's soo good.

In major lucha news, CMLL announced the second big match for their 80th anniversary event, and it will be Blue Panther vs Averno in a submission hair vs hair match. A couple weeks ago some people talked about how lucha wasn't so concerned with chain wrestling anymore, well, here it is. And it's gonna be so damn good

Ithil

It's interesting to me when I Iook at NXT and see almost none of the prototype smiling babyfaces that seemed to be all over the place several years ago. It was like if you had a good body and a nice smile you got to be on television. Now almost everyone in NXT is either completely insane or a total asshole. The only grinning prototype babyface I know of has become self-aware and is now a total prick.

Even the women are unique and identifiable based on more than just their bodies.

Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville and Xavier Woods are all good guy babyfaces. But they're good at it.

somedevil

So at Thursday tapings the questions will be will we see the debuts of the son of Kane, Sami Callihan and samuray del sol?

Also, the next big thing is will Ohno return to the tapings and will he be in shape or will he be wearing that horrible attire in that picture that makes him look even more fat. If he doesn't show up is that bad or does it mean they called him up possibly to feud with Punk?

edit: Adrian Neville is good but he needs more promo work because it its weak they might book him as Evan Bourne 2.0 on the main roster.

strobogo

Banned
God, Flair's daughter doing her super sexy splits and with her ass pointing right at Ric made me so uncomfortable.

iwkAKT4aFOZtG.gif

Also, not sexy at all.

Also now that I've been watching NXT more I always want randomly yell KRUUGAAAAAA and do the Emma dance. I just assumed that happened to everybody.

Haha. I do the same thing. I find myself doing the Emma dance randomly even though I only know 1 person that knows what I'm referencing lol.

I've been loving NXT. The quality of the matches aren't bad at all. A good amount of the NXT roster is ready to make the leap as far as performance in the ring goes. I want to see a damn Sami Zayne match versus Dolph or D-Bry. How about that spear from Roman Reigns given to Xavier Woods in last week's show? Lol

God, Flair's daughter doing her super sexy splits and with her ass pointing right at Ric made me so uncomfortable.

Well, Ric's looking at those splits and he clearly doesn't give a shit. If he's cool with it, then you shouldn't care either.

Using Ric Flair as a barometer for whether or not something is uncomfortable is terrible advice; you're right to feel uncomfortable, although I'd say that it being a dumb entrance is the more cringe-worthy angle.

Kaladin

Well, Ric's looking at those splits and he clearly doesn't give a shit. If he's cool with it, then you shouldn't care either.

Using Ric Flair as a barometer for whether or not something is uncomfortable is terrible advice; you're right to feel uncomfortable, although I'd say that it being a dumb entrance is the more cringe-worthy angle.

Hogan is worse. :)

strobogo

Banned
Claudio crotching guys on the ropes and then dragging them on the ropes is probably the most dickheaded move since Finlay was in his prime. He has a move that targets the asshole and taint. That's amazing. It's so mean.

His new double stomps are also killer. And his dead lift gutwrench SUPERplex. So ridiculous. I really, really want to see Cesaro vs Finlay in 2013.

Also, fucking lol at Zeb coming to the conclusion that Generico is probably a Mexican who is faking to be a Canadian so he can steal our jerbs without people suspecting him.

Even more lol: WCW is trending on Twittah.

GolazoDan

Guys, I got a gaming PC. It's pretty rad. I wanna start streaming stuff on Twitch, messed around with it earlier and it seemed to work apart from full screen stuff. Xsplit personal/premium account required, I'm guessing?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, I got a gaming PC. It's pretty rad. I wanna start streaming stuff on Twitch, messed around with it earlier and it seemed to work apart from full screen stuff. Xsplit personal/premium account required, I'm guessing?

Xsplit Premium, never look back. I think they're doing a 5 day promo right now.

tm24

OBS bro. Thats the way to go

TACOS!

Oh god, this video is amazing. Scott Norton is on facebook. He adds everyone, so watch out

I lol'd at Nakamura saying a lot of the trading card fans didn't like him now because his card is too OP.

Also, it should be no surprise to find that a man of such refined tastes as Shinsuke Nakamura is a Stan Hansen fan.

nappy

Neo Member

OBS is completely free and is much better than messy Xsplit, to my taste. Give it a try before you pay for that blurb!

nappy

Neo Member
Nakamura is amazing :D I bet it would be great to meet him in person... Wait, I can't speak shit in Japanese, maybe not so great :(

RBH

Stephanie saying that Daniel Bryan was a "solid B+" to Randy Orton's A+ was a reference to Dave Meltzer writing in a 1998/1999 (he wasn't sure which of those years) issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that he felt Triple H was "a solid B+". So they've been carrying that grudge for goddamn near 15 years!

Credit: Wrestling Observer Radio, August 20th edition

So my friend found something cool today. AJ lived like blocks away from me during our HS years but went to a different HS. A close friend of mine who went to my HS JUST realized she became a wrestler and found a picture of them in first grade!

Top Bottom