• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Aiii

So not worth it
Pretty sad. I'm hoping the newer generation learns from the past.

Some of those died perfectly natural.

I don't really see the point of the picture, WWF/WWE has been around for decades and have employed hundreds upon hundreds of people. Of course some of them are gonna die.

There's a few they're responsible for (indirectly or directly) and they've paid the price for that and adjusted their rules based on them, so that's great. Don't really need to put a guilt trip on them for the Macho Man having a heart attack.

jmdajr

Some of those died perfectly natural.

I don't really see the point of the picture, WWF/WWE has been around for decades and have employed hundreds upon hundreds of people. Of course some of them are gonna die.

There's a few they're responsible for (indirectly or directly) and they've paid the price for that and adjusted their rules based on them, so that's great. Don't really need to put a guilt trip on them for the Macho Man having a heart attack.

Yeah I was about to mention that it's unfair to blame WWE for everything. They might be famous for being WWE characters, but many were living the fast pro wrestling lifestyle before and after.

Some like Andre, Paul, Captain Lou, Earthquake.. that was just life.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It needs a "Now. Then. Forever." tagline WWE uses to make it perfect.

In an interview Mark Henry had with Peter Rosenberg, he said that there's no doubt that Cesaro is the strongest person in the locker room and I believe him.

Cesaro is basically crazy circus strongman strong. I remember seeing him to the UFO to freaking Morishima and honestly not being that surprised. The dude can literally do anything.

Side Note: Way back when I was still going, he was testing out the move on us students (for control and such). Does it to me, and I'm like 90% certain I kick him in the face on the way down. Cue OSHIT face. Luckily, since he's a good soul (and it basically had more to do with the physics of the move than anything), I'm not dead today!

It also felt like a rollercoaster. And I hate rollercoasters! D:

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If you prance into Fit-GAF a lot you'll know - tons of dudes can put up wicked numbers because they train for strength and not size. Sounds to me like Lil' Cease (thats his new name) did a bunch of that. It's very practical and not flashy.

Cesaro needs to bring back the UFO, although it's more of a face's move than a heel's. The Morishima one was spectacular, but I always liked this one on Charlie Haas;

umWANE9.gif

Also, that fucking finish to Cesaro/Zayn, holy shit. Great match.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, just remember. Cesaro is REALLY cool. I mean, he's cooler than anyone in this thread. Except for maybe Laserfrog

Laserfrog has big timed us. He's the Hollywood Rock to our WWE.

If you prance into Fit-GAF a lot you'll know - tons of dudes can put up wicked numbers because they train for strength and not size. Sounds to me like Lil' Cease (thats his new name) did a bunch of that. It's very practical and not flashy.

Moar like BIG CEASE :p

It was actually surprisingly simple when students would ask him about it. Gym, diet, that sort of thing. Nothing freakish, except the stuff that he did for hype vids I guess (GIANT SWINGING A TREE?!)

Him and Sara were gold as far as teaching. It was an honor and a privlege to have them teach my uncoordinated ass :p

Cesaro needs to bring back the UFO, although it's more of a face's move than a heel's. The Morishima one was spectacular, but I always liked this one on Charlie Haas;

umWANE9.gif

Also, that fucking finish to Cesaro/Zayn, holy shit. Great match.

Yeah, it kinda i-HOLY SHIT THAT HAAS ONE

Jamie OD

Finished watching this week's NXT. Zayn Vs Cesaro was really good. I am fine with Bailey turning into Lennie from Of Mice And Men when it comes to a moveset consisting of hugs that hurt people. CJ Parker the photobomber I like, CJ Parker the hippy I don't. I'm a fan of Alexander Rusev's new gimmick though. It is so out of place yet I instantly understand he has a unique style about him. He would fit right in with the 1980s WWF with Heenan or Fuji in his corner.

I got half of a co-promoted Michinoku Pro/BattlARTS show from 1999 with a fucking AWESOME Minoru Tanaka vs TAKA Michinoku match, but unfortunately the tape the copy is from stutters and misses the last minute or so, so bummed out :(

Here, have a gif of Tanaka murdering TAKA in the opening seconds;

iMoqPrErvTooE.gif

*edit, also, this was on one of the New Japan shows I got and, suffice to say, it's pretty fun;

Ebessan vs Minoru Suzuki - (NJPW 08/17/2004)

Ithil

So the NXT initiative of "build up new debuts or re-debuts with new gimmicks" is great, but I think it missed its first target with CJ Parker's hippie stoner deal, he just comes off as a fool instead of entertaining, so far. I much rather Tyler Breeze's Zoolander meets Ziggler deal even though he's the heel.

Still, they're like 10-1 so far in successful overt gimmicks, for the notable guys on NXT.

I think Tyler Breeze is my new favourite on the mic, evil Zoolander is such a great gimmick. Then that 2 out of 3 falls match, I think that might have been the best finish I've seen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That hit was so awesome. It's a shame no one at the announce table really played it up.

That was my only complaint. It was a surprise at the time because nobody was able to play it up.

Just watched Cena vs. Bryan for the third time.

That finish man.
4XDrlc3.gif

That finish.

Did this get a name yet? I really liked it. Commentary didn't do such a great job selling it but I like it, very different from a lot of finishers and looks like it would legit knock someone out.

I'd like to see them incorporate "goat" in to the finishers name.

Ithil

Did this get a name yet? I really liked it. Commentary didn't do such a great job selling it but I like it, very different from a lot of finishers and looks like it would legit knock someone out.

It may get its name on SD, Bryan has a match there. I sure as hell hope there isn't "goat" in it. It needs a good name, because if he's going to be a huge star and that's going to be his finisher, then you need a cool name and not a joke name.

If, back in 1998, they'd called Rock's finisher the "Weird Man Boobs Slam" you wouldn't have found his match finishes as good.

Bowser

They could call it the Billy Goat!

Or I dunno, something like Battering Ram?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Name Bryan's New Finisher:

Fat Thigh Slap
Shear

fuck I got nothing

Aiii

So not worth it
Whatever you call it, Michael Cole will consistenly call it "OH MY GOD WHAT A KNEE TO THE TEMPLE" anyways.

If, back in 1998, they'd called Rock's finisher the "Weird Man Boobs Slam" you wouldn't have found his match finishes as good.

Hahahaha oh my god you bastard, I can't stop laughing

Name Bryan's New Finisher:

Fat Thigh Slap
Shear

fuck I got nothing

OH NO IT'S THE SH...EAR?

Whatever you call it, Michael Cole will consistenly call it "OH MY GOD WHAT A KNEE TO THE TEMPLE" anyways.

Meh, I like Cole. Lawler is the damn problem. Just give him control of WWE.com like they did Styles and that'll solve everything!

Toki767

I like that Bryan's finisher now is kind of a nod to both HBK and Regal. Setup in the corner like Sweet Chin Music and a running knee which is what Regal's been using in his later years.

Knee Pressruuuu NIGHTMAREUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

And I'm super tempted in trying to grow my hair like Nakamura. I'll prolly just end up looking like a jackass instead.

That Sami Zayn/Cesaro match was awesome. Spectacular finish, it's just so awesome to see Antonio land that Uppercut. What were they chanting in the end there?

I love "We The People", I hope Cesaro keeps that and drops Swagger.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Knee Pressruuuu NIGHTMAREUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU~

And I'm super tempted in trying to grow my hair like Nakamura. I'll prolly just end up looking like a jackass instead.

You've gotta try it first.

Keep in mind we're all blinded by his swag. He IS an ugly-ass dude. What works for him may not work for us beauties.

Kaladin

Confession: I've never listened to Stone Cold's podcast. I have an 8 hour car ride next week and need to fill the time.....give me his greatest hits.

FYI, Vs. The Fly is already on the list.

Kaladin

I can't be the only one that wants Cesaro vs Lesnar, right?

I know it's heel vs heel but come on....that would be beyond amazing.

They would have to invent a new chant for how awesome that match would be.

JustinBB7

I can't be the only one that wants Cesaro vs Lesnar, right?

I know it's heel vs heel but come on....that would be beyond amazing.

They would have to invent a new chant for how awesome that match would be.

Can Cesaro lift Brock up for his finisher?!

Edit: though I think he did it to henry and/or big show so I guess he could actually..

Man, Gaming-GAF is getting too reaaaaaaall for me. I think I'll just chill out here for a bit. Good lord. It's like SaltyBet, except nobody wins D:

Top Bottom