• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Gaming-GAF is getting too reaaaaaaall for me. I think I'll just chill out here for a bit. Good lord. It's like SaltyBet, except nobody wins D:

Buncha fuckin weirdos and poors over there.

Ithil

Can Cesaro lift Brock up for his finisher?!

Edit: though I think he did it to henry and/or big show so I guess he could actually..

He's done it to Brodus Clay and Great Khali. I'm not sure about Big Show, but certainly I think he'd do it to Henry.

Ithil

I could totally pull that off. My hair is so damn thick though. I would need to find some way to straighten it out. Oils and all that.

But can you truly pull off his swagger?

iMfShEqHlwYrl.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
FallingEdge is spoken for, he can't get away with shenanigans like that. Mrs. Edge will have our nuts in a sling!

Ozone

I feel like the Cesaro/Zayn match was running on the Saints Row IV engine. So much ridiculousness.

Also I just realized the next NXT taping is tonight... while Cesaro is in Germany for Gamescom. THIS IS THE TAPING ZEB IS AT, WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?

Masked man interview with triple H

Really good

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/9588366/an-interview-wwe-superstar-corporate-officer-triple-h

I wish I had the brainpower and the wherewithal and the drive to be as maniacal and devious as people fucking think I am. I'd be fucking Darth Vader. I'd run the Empire, and I guess maybe that's how some people see it, right? They'd say "Oh, he went in there and he buried29 this guy," and it's like, fuck, I had nothing to do with that. I didn't even know he was coming in until I saw him that day.

I <3 Cesaro.

Don't know why some of WWE's suits find him boring, he's anything but boring.

Probably because he's so much man in a skinny, lanky body. Bloated HHH or Vinny MAC ain't moving that kind of weight. Do they even lift (lol, ugh)?

Going to watch NXT when I get home. Man, I never thought I'd say WWE is must-see TV but Raw, Smackdown and NXT are definitely enjoyable. I do wish they'd scale back Raw to 2 hours, so we can cut away some of the fat. And get the lesser known talent over on Smackdown and NXT.

WOW!

In less than a week WWE gave us three MOTYC:

Punk vs Brock

Cena vs Bryan

Cesareo vs Zayn

There where years when we would be lucky to get one or two MOTYC from WWE, now we have like 6.

sajj316

WOW!

In less than a week WWE gave us three MOTYC:

Punk vs Brock

Cena vs Bryan

Cesareo vs Zayn

There where years when we would be lucky to get one or two MOTYC from WWE, now we have like 6.

What's the best way for me to watch this match .. up on YouTube? Daily Motion?

How come no one mentions Punk/Cena?

I know I saw Punk/Taker the morning after Summer Slam. The WWE definitely has a talented group of workers right now.

I think their only "issue" is pushing them, see Cesaro, Ziggler, Kofi, Fandango, etc. It seems like Punk, Shield, Bryan, Cena, HHH/McMahons, Rock, Brock, Wyatts and Diva mumbo jumbo are the top priorities of the E right now.

Seriously, Christain/Del Rio was a great match. The build up was terrible (except for the one vignette).

They need to get Cesaro away from the Americans.

What's the best way for me to watch this match .. up on YouTube? Daily Motion?

I'm sure if you look or search hard enough, you'll find it.

somedevil

Raw Breakdown for 8/19/13:

In the segment-by-segment, the first segment with John Cena, Daniel Bryan and Stephanie McMahon opened with a strong 3.4 rating. Cody Rhodes vs. Damien Sandow lost about 530,000 viewers. The Paul Heyman interview next stayed even. Cameron & Naomi vs. A.J. Lee & Layla lost about 135,000 viewers. Dolph Ziggler vs. The Shield gained about 500,000 viewers at 9 p.m., a strong gain to a 3.3. Alberto Del Rio vs. Sin Cara stayed even, which is really good in that slot. Sin Cara has often over performed as a ratings draw but at this point that doesn’t matter because he’s done. The Prime Time Players vs. Antonio Cesaro & Jack Swagger gained about 250,000 viewers to a 3.5 quarter. Considering who was in the match and it’s not at the normal top of the hour growth period, this absolutely says that the Darren Young story led to people telling people to tune in. It probably played a small part in the rating of the show just with all the mainstream talking about it because that was an abnormal jump for guys of that level in that slot. Big Show vs. The Shield lost about 265,000 viewers. The C.M. Punk promo with Paul Heyman and the Punk vs. Curtis Axel brawl gained about 400,000 viewers to a strong 3.6, tying the high point of te show at 10 p.m. Bray Wyatt vs. R-Truth lost 550,000 viewers. The Usos vs. Heath Slater & Jinder Mahal lost another 265,000 viewers. The Miz vs. Wade Barrett gained about 135,000 viewers. The big angle in the main event slot with the McMahons, Randy Orton, Daniel Bryan, the long HHH promo and The Shield all involved gained about 670,000 viewers to a 3.6.

The Darren Young push continues on and a lot of people watched Sin Cara botch his fingers up. The push of Daniel Bryan as number 1 babyface has started off strong.

Aiii

So not worth it
I should've become one of those gaming website guys. Dude I know got flown out to LA for the 2K panel and got to watch SummerSlam live.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I should've become one of those gaming website guys. Dude I know got flown out to LA for the 2K panel and got to watch SummerSlam live.

It's not all its cracked up to be.

somedevil

Not sure if this is posted by AJ Styles just posted this on his facebook page:

Where do fans want AJ Styles to be? TNA? WWE? ROH? Japan? Lots of options. Tough decisions.

His contract ends in September. I doubt he is going to ROH and Japan has enough foreigners right now. So the question is does WWE have interest in him?

Aiii

So not worth it
So far I'm liking the service. Really thinking of ditching most of my cable bloat.
If anything just keep the basic channels.

Ever since I found out about Mediahint and after that Unblock-US back in february I've been using Netflix and sometimes Hulu Plus and to be honest, if I watch 15 minutes of actual cable a week I'd be surprised.

Hulu is a bitch though, you still get ads and for some reason the Windows 8 app constantly switching back to awful video quality. Netflix services are much much better.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My Chromecast should be here today or tomorrow. Excited to get Boots' Dailymotion playlists running 24/7. He aggregates some of the best content.

Sunflower has never been the same since Dave Meltzer got banned on gaming-side and everyone pooped on the xBone.

By "everyone" do you mean poors? Because I see a bunch of cheap shits afraid of spending an extra $100 when they're going to be throwing thousands at their machine in a year.

Also yes I have a soft spot for Meltzer. He was doing God's work.

Ithil

something something future endeavours?

He said in the overview of the show that Sin Cara came off as "someone they've given up on, and who has given up on himself". So I think they are probably looking for a new masked man to go with so they can just drop him altogether. Overall, his signing was pretty much a disaster.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He said in the overview of the show that Sin Cara came off as "someone they've given up on, and who has given up on himself". So I think they are probably looking for a new masked man to go with so they can just drop him altogether. Overall, his signing was pretty much a disaster.

It really has, I was discussing this with a buddy this morning. It's really sad, because I remember the hype.

I don't get Nakamura's swagger just like I don't get Devitt's shitty looking gun taunt. To me it just looks like he's pretending that he's got cerebral palsy, pretty offensive in my opinion.

Devitt's gun taunt is pitiful you're right.

Nakamura's swagger is best accompanied by his theme though. So good. His little dance out onto the ramp at Wrestle Kingdom 7 was probably my favorite.

Aiii

So not worth it
By "everyone" do you mean poors? Because I see a bunch of cheap shits afraid of spending an extra $100 when they're going to be throwing thousands at their machine in a year.

Sony is building the superior machine you darn Micosoft mark! Enjoy your Halo 14, you deserve eachother!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sony is building the superior machine you darn Micosoft mark! Enjoy your Halo 14, you deserve eachother!

Honestly brah. $100 ain't shit compared to what we throw at consoles. I think it's all mental, and not realistic.

Of course, tell that to the 3DO.

dream

Have we talked about the new rule changes in WWE?:

Regarding WWE rules, as best we can tell there is no rule regarding a tap out can’t be called if there isn’t a hold on. The whole thing on the 8/12 show in the Natalya & Khali vs. A.J. & Langston Raw match in Sacramento was a terrible position for the ref. Natalya getting up before A.J. tapped put the ref in a bad position, when A.J. panic tapped thinking something went wrong. It would look terrible if the ref, Marc Harris, called it when A.J. tapped, but by the rules, he should have, with the precedent being Ryback just quitting (a tap and verbal submission are identical) with no hold on him during the Miz vs. Ryback match with that crappy finish. They should have gone to a few moves before going right back to the sharpshooter and tap out except it’s live TV and they were probably told to go home and get out of it immediately. Harris was in a no win situation but there were people questioning his going on Twitter and bragging about how he made the right call.

An update on the unknown rules of wrestling, regarding mounted strikes in the corner and ground-and-pound, the new rule is the ref doesn’t call for a break (previously, ground and pound punching was illegal which is why the refs would count to five on it) unless the person on the bottom stops putting their hands up to protect themselves. If they do, the referee is to stop the fight like an MMA fight, so we may see a testing out of a ground and pound finish. No doubt it won’t get over big at first, because those kind of things people don’t see as pro wrestling finishes. But, like so many things, if they are used regularly, they can be used once people recognize them as finishes as ways to add drama.

Ithil

A few months ago, the 13-year-old daughter of Tony Jones (who was in “Beyond the Mat,” a Northern California indie wrestler in the late 90s and early 2000s) was diagnosed with Stage four lung cancer, and after seeing doctors from Stanford, Kaiser and other facilities in the area, they decided to attack the cancer with adult level chemotherapy and radiation treatment at the same time. She was a big fan and Punk was her favorite wrestler. Punk ended up finding out about it and did a personalized video for her, months ago. At the 8/12 show in Sacramento, Jones, who by coincidence was in Dalip Singh’s (Khali) first match when Singh was originally trained at All Pro Wrestling, got backstage passes from Singh and Punk gave his daughter the hoodie he wore out to the ring after the show. Three day later, the doctors reported her tumor had shrunk dramatically.

This just in, Punk cures cancer.

Striker

The injuries had to have been disappointing for them. But overall, they've made their own missteps. The only two guys who blended really well with Sin Cara and his style was Del Rio and Cesaro. But other than that, and fighting guys like Heath Slater, Michael McGillicutty, Cody Rhodes, whatever, it was like a spot fest and much less a wrestling contest. Wasn't there a big rumor of signing a guy who worked with him a lot in Mexico? Averno? I wonder what happened to that. And the lighting was a weird gimmick.

His short term tag team with Rey was fun to watch; unfortunate that ended.

jmdajr

There's a lot of pride in pro wrestling.

There is. One thing that kills me about the Internet is that if you look hard enough, you can find someone to love you. And you will find a website dedicated to you that will tell you that you are the greatest thing on the planet. And you go on Twitter and the people who say you suck, they get blocked. And pretty soon, everybody's telling you, "Dude, you are the greatest, why doesn't WWE hire you? You're the greatest thing in the world." And you start thinking, Yeah, why don't they hire me? Those guys are idiots. They don't know anything. That's where some guys get it in their heads and they can't get it out.

heh

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Have we talked about the new rule changes in WWE?:

Regarding WWE rules, as best we can tell there is no rule regarding a tap out can’t be called if there isn’t a hold on. The whole thing on the 8/12 show in the Natalya & Khali vs. A.J. & Langston Raw match in Sacramento was a terrible position for the ref. Natalya getting up before A.J. tapped put the ref in a bad position, when A.J. panic tapped thinking something went wrong. It would look terrible if the ref, Marc Harris, called it when A.J. tapped, but by the rules, he should have, with the precedent being Ryback just quitting (a tap and verbal submission are identical) with no hold on him during the Miz vs. Ryback match with that crappy finish. They should have gone to a few moves before going right back to the sharpshooter and tap out except it’s live TV and they were probably told to go home and get out of it immediately. Harris was in a no win situation but there were people questioning his going on Twitter and bragging about how he made the right call.

An update on the unknown rules of wrestling, regarding mounted strikes in the corner and ground-and-pound, the new rule is the ref doesn’t call for a break (previously, ground and pound punching was illegal which is why the refs would count to five on it) unless the person on the bottom stops putting their hands up to protect themselves. If they do, the referee is to stop the fight like an MMA fight, so we may see a testing out of a ground and pound finish. No doubt it won’t get over big at first, because those kind of things people don’t see as pro wrestling finishes. But, like so many things, if they are used regularly, they can be used once people recognize them as finishes as ways to add drama.

I love this post. Good questions. There is a real rulebook. I'd like to know what they think.

dream

As a corollary to what we were discussing the other day, I think having a real, legitimate rule book is a logical first step to establishing weight classes in WWE.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
As a corollary to what we were discussing the other day, I think having a real, legitimate rule book is a logical first step to establishing weight classes in WWE.

I'd like to see weight classes as well, but I don't want it AS restrictive. Sometimes you have an amazing match between two very different classes, and I don't want people not allowed to have the match. But it would let smaller people shine. It's a tough thing to determine, though.

ROH have signed Forever Hooligans (c) vs The American Wolves for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Titles at Death Before Dishonor XI on September 20th! Also signed is Pro-Wrestling NOAH star Ricky Marvin, World Tag Champions reDagon, World TV Champion Matt Taven, Mike Bennett, Roderick Strong and the semi-finals & final of the ROH World Title Tournament;
Adam Cole vs Tomasso Ciampa
&
Michael Elgin vs Kevin Steen
!

Top Bottom