• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
AAA would gladly have AJ Styles. He would get paid less, but could make more through merchandise (official and unofficial).

Z9nDMw6.gif

Does anyone have the Sin Cara pointing gif that ends with the Earth exploding?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
AAA would gladly have AJ Styles. He would get paid less, but could make more through merchandise (official and unofficial).

Does anyone have the Sin Cara pointing gif that ends with the Earth exploding?

AAA is a good thought, Mexico-bound!

He gets over by is Ring work and not promo skills. Also, how much does New Japan pay there workers anyway? AJ want the money but Karl Anderson still takes Independent dates but Devitt doesn't. Does that mean Devitt makes more than him?

Devitt still takes independent dates, it's just that he takes them in Europe. Also, I don't know the region of what New Japan guys earn, but the big difference is that the work schedule and travel is a lot lighter and they get pretty much everything paid for them. Travel & accommodation is all on New Japan's dime, while at every town they do a show in they get meals & drinks bought for them by 'sponsors' - these are usually bar owners who want to attract business by having wrestlers frequent their place, but also sometimes rich fans or businessmen who want to go drinking with some wrestlers.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some TNA news about their financial situation:

Basically AJ Styles wants more money in a time that TNA has none. Also, Ken Anderson contract is almost up but he should stay because WWE will not take him back because of Orton. Also,
Devon
is done tonight.

I swear I've read this exact sentence before. Am I from the future?

strobogo

Banned
Younger than Cena, one year older than Punk, though Bryan is still four years younger than both Cena and Styles.

I wouldn't suspect he would get a big, significant push, but most likely shoved into the US or IC picture. If he's fine with that for a couple years and for decent money he should jump to it. It's a shame TNA huddle so hard with Hogan/Bischoff, or it's Spike's fault, because it's been weakening the company. Before they arrived it was an enjoyable show.

He recently turned 36. Cena is also 36, Punk is 34. Dragon is 32. They all got their start and pushes in WWE in their late 20s. For AJ to be 36 and not a nationally known name (mostly, I'm sure he'd get a pop in a lot of Southern cities or where TNA runs PPVs) is a huge detriment to him. He should have tested the waters the last time his contract was coming up.

36 isn't too old to get a big push if he had been on WWE TV for a few years. But to come in at 36 with marginally better name recognition than guys in NXT? I really don't see it at all, despite how talented AJ is.

dream

The problem with AJ is that he looks like a child, talks like a hick, and works like he's perpetually in a circa 2005 ROH opening match. The guy is the ultimate stagnant indie bum.

Toki767

AJ should have jumped to WWE years ago. At least back then, he would have stayed in developmental for a few years, then get misused and buried on TV, then released, then he could've gone back to TNA and they'd have treated him like a bigger star than they do now for being on WWE TV.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What can AJ bring to WWE?

I've got nothing. I like the guy and he has been a dedicated mainstay, but what does he have to offer that WWE is lacking?

mooooose

AJ waited too long to go to WWE. If he went a couple years ago before the ROH invasion, he would've eventually established himself. He's too old now.

Now Joe... Joe could go to WWE and wreck the place. All he has to do is lose 40 pounds and ask his friends for a job. He is wasting his life in TNA.
The problem with AJ is that he looks like a child, talks like a hick, and works like he's perpetually in a circa 2005 ROH opening match. The guy is the ultimate stagnant indie bum.

Everyone in TNA suffers from some form of this besides Aries.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
AJ can't bring anything to NJPW either. I imagine TNA realizes that there's no other place he can go that would pay better

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
DDP 35 and all that, but honestly Style is nowhere near that dedicated nor hungry for a spot. He hit that coasting along after that Fortune thing and was already outclassed by so many others before we got the pushes for Bobby Roooooooooo and the like.

wb brah! how's your foot? :(

My foot is doing okay. There was talk of chopping of another toe (third toe), but that was not needed (yet) I did another 4 weeks of IV antibiotics in hospital, and am now on a PICC line to do home IV antibiotics until mid-September

PICC lines are wierd but kinda cool things - worth reading wikipesida.

Going to have a CT Scan mid/late September to see did these antibiotics do the job.

I am supposed to let my foot rest for a month too - so lots of sitting around / gaming / watching wrestling until nearly October.

Life ain't so bad! :)

Get dat Hulu Plus and catch up. You've missed a lot of really good Raw and Smackdowns. I've spent most of this month catching up myself.

Hulu is not an Irish/Euro thing as far as I know - I will find a way though.

RAW July 22nd is sitting on my DVR (as I set it before I left) - so I will start there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
My foot is doing okay. There was talk of chopping of another toe (third toe), but that was not needed (yet) I did another 4 weeks of IV antibiotics in hospital, and am now on a PICC line to do home IV antibiotics until mid-September

Going to have a CT Scan mid/late September to see did these antibiotics do the job.

I am supposed to let my foot rest for a month too - so lots of sitting around / gaming / watching wrestling until nearly October.

Enjoy your off-your-feet time! Enjoy it while you can, really. Good to hear you're keeping toesies while you can. They're just toes anyway. Fuck toes.

Make sure you watch the G1 Climax shows - they have been the absolute best wrestling I've seen in a LONG time. Highly recommended!

Mengetsu

Glad to hear and welcome back! Catch up on it all! Wrestling over all has been too good..it's almost like it's a dream...

Awesome, the free download of the week over at IVPvideos is The Best of Daniel Bryan in Pro-Wrestling NOAH;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10839?osCsid=8fa59b70c58e29687ba5addacbe18b31

. Bryan Danielson, Bison Smith & Eddie Edwards vs. KENTA & Ricky Marvin & Akitoshi Saito
. Yoshinari Ogawa, Go Shiosaki & Ricky Marvin vs. Doug Williams, Bryan Danielson & Wade Chism
. KENTA vs. Bryan Danielson
. Ted DiBiase Jr, Brian Danielson & Joe Legend vs. KENTA, Akitoshi Saito & Ippei Ota
. Bryan Danielson, Ricky Marvin & Bison Smith vs. KENTA, Akitoshi Saito & Atsushi Aoki
. Mohammed Yone, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori vs. Bryan Danielson, Daniel Cross & Ted DiBiase Jr.
. Bryan Danielson & Taiji Ishimori vs. Naomichi Marufuji & Atsushi Aoki
. Bryan Danielson & Davey Richards vs. Rocky Romero & Atsushi Aoki
. Takeshi Morishima, Mohammed Yone & Go Shiosaki vs. Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson & Rocky Romero

*edit, hey, welcome back Keyser! Glad to hear your foot is doing OK.

Kaladin

Awesome, the free download of the week over at IVPvideos is The Best of Daniel Bryan in Pro-Wrestling NOAH;

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=10839?osCsid=8fa59b70c58e29687ba5addacbe18b31

. Bryan Danielson, Bison Smith & Eddie Edwards vs. KENTA & Ricky Marvin & Akitoshi Saito
. Yoshinari Ogawa, Go Shiosaki & Ricky Marvin vs. Doug Williams, Bryan Danielson & Wade Chism
. Ted DiBiase Jr, Brian Danielson & Joe Legend vs. KENTA, Akitoshi Saito & Ippei Ota
. Bryan Danielson, Ricky Marvin & Bison Smith vs. KENTA, Akitoshi Saito & Atsushi Aoki
. Mohammed Yone, KENTA & Taiji Ishimori vs. Bryan Danielson, Daniel Cross & Ted DiBiase Jr.
. Takeshi Morishima, Mohammed Yone & Go Shiosaki vs. Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson & Rocky Romero

I've already seen all of this (was watching NOAH at the time) but you all need to see this.

Welcome back Keyser Soze! *shakes hand*

dl'ed this the other day, looks like good stuff

nappy

Neo Member
Good god, Cesaro is a fucking BEAST. I mean, seriously, why in the flying fuck he's in the doghouse? Boring? Really? YOUR FUCKING FACE IS BORING, VINCE.

I wanna see Cesaro vs Bork. NOW.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Will watch this later but why are all his best matches tag matches? Does Teddy Long run things over there?

Just a few more hours until I've got all of the DVDVR Best of Mid-South set. Can't fucking wait to dive into this stuff. I loved watching the '84 season of TV, but lost it all when my HDD crashed. This seems like a better way of seeing the best Mid-South has to offer, though, and the DVDVR guys know their shit, so I've no doubt this really is the best of.

Holy shit, it's got a Best of Mid-South Music Videos! A whole hour of cheesy-ass 80's wrestling MVs. Awesome

Mr. Sandman said:
I've already seen all of this (was watching NOAH at the time) but you all need to see this.

I remember that Bryan & Ishimori tag match being a lot of fun, plus, KENTA vs D-Brine is awesome, of course. Someone should put together a compilation of all his early New Japan matches. There was a great tag match with him & Jamie Noble taking on Jado & Gedo for the Jr. tag titles and a match against Hiroshi Tanahashi that I don't think I've ever seen, but would really like to.

Will watch this later but why are all his best matches tag matches? Does Teddy Long run things over there?

Japan loves undercard tag matches and Bryan wasn't there enough to get involved in any feuds (excepting the KENTA one, because that was a cross-promotion deal with ROH & NOAH). One match that's missing is his match against Atsushi Aoki - excellent technical wrestling bout, with Bryan playing the veteran to the inexperienced, but very talented Aoki.

Watched a random Bryan tag match from New Japan, 2004 - utterly unremarkable, except for Togo hitting his awesome senton on Bryan while he had Cattle Mutilation locked in. Also, one of the worst botches I've seen Bryan involved in;

iL5doj5RtM0tS.gif

Not at all his fault though, stupid Takemura.

Good god, Cesaro is a fucking BEAST. I mean, seriously, why in the flying fuck he's in the doghouse? Boring? Really? YOUR FUCKING FACE IS BORING, VINCE.

I honestly wouldn't pay the slightest bit of attention to what the dirtsheets were saying about Cesaro being in the doghouse. I refuse to believe that anyone in WWE management could watch Cesaro vs Zayn and think anything other than "these two are the future".

nappy

Neo Member
I honestly wouldn't pay the slightest bit of attention to what the dirtsheets were saying about Cesaro being in the doghouse. I refuse to believe that anyone in WWE management could watch Cesaro vs Zayn and think anything other than "these two are the future".

He may be the future, but right now he's stuck in a jobber tag team with the most bland guy ever and seems to have no direction at all. This is just hearbreaking to see how they are wasting him. And that's after a decent title run which made me care about the belt for the first time in ages. The end of his reign also was flat-out embarassing, they just jobbed him the heck out to who, Kofi Jobston? Jesus. I know they kind of had to do that to transit the title to heel Ambrose, but anyway, fuck Kofi.

He may be the future, but right now he's stuck in a jobber tag team with the most bland guy ever and seems to have no direction at all. This is just hearbreaking to see how they are wasting him. And that's after a decent title run which made me care about the belt for the first time in ages. The end of his reign also was flat-out embarassing, they just jobbed him the heck out to who, Kofi Jobston? Jesus. I know they kind of had to do that to transit the title to heel Ambrose, but anyway, fuck Kofi.
H8x9g.gif

lol

GolazoDan

Just reading the latest Observer. I love how, no matter what, there's a weird group of people who'll give WWE PPVs a thumbs down. Reminds me of Brad on this week's Bombcast where he said most people on his Twitter (presumably talking about Summerslam) were saying "This is why I stopped watching wrestling".

People are weird.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Just reading the latest Observer. I love how, no matter what, there's a weird group of people who'll give WWE PPVs a thumbs down. Reminds me of Brad on this week's Bombcast where he said most people on his Twitter (presumably talking about Summerslam) were saying "This is why I stopped watching wrestling".

People are weird.

Pretty sure that line was from smarks who couldn't deal with Bryan losing the title which was a good thing or from people who just finished watching Wyatt - Kane.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just a few more hours until I've got all of the DVDVR Best of Mid-South set. Can't fucking wait to dive into this stuff. I loved watching the '84 season of TV, but lost it all when my HDD crashed. This seems like a better way of seeing the best Mid-South has to offer, though, and the DVDVR guys know their shit, so I've no doubt this really is the best of.

Holy shit, it's got a Best of Mid-South Music Videos! A whole hour of cheesy-ass 80's wrestling MVs. Awesome

Envy envy envy!

Ithil

He's not in the doghouse, some of the higher ups think he's not main event material or worth pushing. So he's stuck in the mid card.

Batigol

Banned
Do you ever feel like Big Show has a really small penis? Like maybe not a micro penis, but one below average

I don't think he's like a stereotypical giant, with a penis the size of an eggplant

I think if he was, you'd hear about it... from someone. Anyone.

Instead, maybe they're like "well, that's not what I expected, but my clothes are off anyway" and you never hear about it again

nappy

Neo Member
He's not in the doghouse, some of the higher ups think he's not main event material or worth pushing. So he's stuck in the mid card.

Yeah, but it doesn't make any sense. They have ADR in the main event. He is by no means good on the mic, while Cesaro has better looks (in fact, he's a natural beast) and for sure is a superior wrestler. Del Rio may have an ace in the pocket by being a Mexican, but hey, Antonio has this kind of a card too.

Ithil

Yeah, but it doesn't make any sense. They have ADR in the main event. He is by no means good on the mic, while Cesaro has better looks (in fact, he's a natural beast) and for sure is a superior wrestler. Del Rio may have an ace in the pocket by being a Mexican, but hey, Antonio has this kind of a card too.

Vince likes Del Rio, has from the start. He hired him with the intent of making him a big star. That's the trump card.
But I expect Cesaro will get his time, he's too talented not to.

strobogo

Banned

Sounds like you've got a Strobogo-styled review project in your future.

Falling Edge, what is the job market like in Colorado like for uneducated Midwesterners with bad attitudes?

Is Sin Cara the biggest failure in WWE history in terms of a guy who was a legit superstar and has been nothing but a loser and joke in WWE?

nappy

Neo Member
Vince likes Del Rio, has from the start. He hired him with the intent of making him a big star. That's the trump card.
But I expect Cesaro will get his time, he's too talented not to.

Guess he doesn't like Cesaro's face... Or, I dunno, maybe, his nipples? He could sport blue dots over them then.

In fact, looks good! Lol

cesaro-nipples.jpg

Top Bottom