• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Ripclawe

Banned
The grantland interview with Triple H is pretty good and this makes me think better of Austin even more.

All the best wrestlers in the company have input on some level, right?

Depends on the guy. You know, Austin — I don't mean this in a disparaging way — Austin would look at something and go, "That sucks, I ain't doing that. Come back when you get something better."9 But I would go, "Well, what are we trying to get out of this? What if we did this?" And then Vince would be like, "That's a decent idea, but what if we took that, but did this?" I like that process. I think that was what worked with Vince.

Steve Austin famously left the company after refusing to lose to Brock Lesnar, because he didn't think doing the match on a free episode of Raw was a good use of their combined star power. For what it's worth, you rarely hear this kind of complaint from the guy booked to win.

1377205088038i9q0p.gif

Would it be wrong to say I've seen more gifs like that of Bayley?

Would it be wrong for me to ask where?

somedevil

Kassius Ohno still MIA on the nxt tapings. Whats going on? Is he really in the doghouse or is he being called up soon?

edit: It makes sense to have him feud with Punk since they actually do have a past history with each other.

strobogo

Banned
It should be noted that Dean Ambrose wasn't on the rebooted NXT at all before the Shield thing happened. A good few months of no TV appearances, but he was obviously the closest thing to a leader of that group.

Kassius Ohno still MIA on the nxt tapings. Whats going on? Is he really in the doghouse or is he being called up soon?

edit: It makes sense to have him feud with Punk since they actually do have a past history with each other.

It really makes no sense. Why put him on a NXT house show after 2 months of nothing? I'm not totally convinced that he's in the doghouse, but something is going on.

Besides there are so many more people on NXT that would be cut before him.

Showaddy

Got a feeling the rumours are true about his weight. It's not that he's a massive fat ass or anything but he's pretty flabby and development asked him to lose a few pounds and tone up, by all accounts he hasn't bothered which has got him in the doghouse.

Here, have a gif of Tanaka murdering TAKA in the opening seconds;

iMoqPrErvTooE.gif

This is amazing. The speed of the kick, the sweat/water that flies off, Taka's sell; all of it top notch. A out of 10, would watch again

I <3 Cesaro.

Don't know why some of WWE's suits find him boring, he's anything but boring.

I don't know how they haven't run with a Jason Statham-like foreign hitman/transporter gimmick. Mix in some APA storylines where people pay him to do dirty work, and you got a solid character. Suits, shades, duffel bags, and a whole bunch of ass kicking. And show him arriving to arenas in Audis for maximum effect.

I don't get the appeal of Nakamura's swagger just like I don't get the appeal of Devitt's shitty looking gun taunt. To me it just looks like he's pretending that he's got cerebral palsy, pretty offensive in my opinion.

Nakamura's a free spirit, bro. His convulsions and general mannerisms are so weird and free, how could you not be entertained. He also looks extremely natural and "loose" in the ring. He comes off as someone totally comfortable in there without really trying to be a "wrestler" wrestler. Like he's jsut trolling until he's ready to fight for real and OUT COME THE KNEES. That kind of charisma has always appealed to me. He's like a King of Fighters character with a laid back stance and spastic animations that can eff you up but half the time he's not even really into it.

DMczaf

I don't know how they haven't run with a Jason Statham-like foreign hitman/transporter gimmick. Mix in some APA storylines where people pay him to do dirty work, and you got a solid character. Suits, shades, duffel bags, and a whole bunch of ass kicking. And show him arriving to areas in Audis for maximum effect.

Transporter is still too new for Vince. Maybe in 3-4 more years.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'm going to miss new AJ Styles

he was a fuckwad riding that batman bike but the gimmick is great.

He blurred the line of being a tweener and ultimately would be a wild card tna can put in the title picture if things get boring.

fuck that company

strobogo

Banned
It actually DOES look kind of enhanced, having just watched a bunch of NXT. However, she definitely has a donk on her that is hard to beat by anyone who isn't named Naomi.

Bailey seems like she has some kind of padding in her tights. Her butt really doesn't bounce around at all when she moves. I refuse to believe it's that toned that it doesn't move.

Yah first thing I noticed about Bailey is she has a big ass. Also I find Ric Flairs daughter to be unattractive she seems really bland also her height is kinda of odd.

ALSO ENZO AMORE IS THE FUTURE OF THE COMEDY WRESTLER. I can't wait for this guy to call Taker or HHH SAWFT

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Perhaps to help you out, you should watch some of Bayley's past.

Davina Rose vs. KC Spinelli http://youtu.be/mH7TOfmTf6A
Davina Rose vs Buggy http://dai.ly/xf0ur0
Davina Rose vs Amber O'Neil http://dai.ly/xmtwth
Davina Rose/Sara Del Rey vs Amber O'Neil/Sassy Stephie http://dai.ly/xjgynk

She really has improved so much since joining NXT.

Yah first thing I noticed about Bailey is she has a big ass. Also I find Ric Flairs daughter to be unattractive she seems really bland also her height is kinda of odd.

ALSO ENZO AMORE IS THE FUTURE OF THE COMEDY WRESTLER. I can't wait for this guy to call Taker or HHH SAWFT

I said it before, but that sawft spelling and chant is just amazing and I always want him to lose. He's just perfect to be the ultimate jobber that deserves to get time on shows because of it.

Anth0ny

Agreed on everyone seeing the NXT episode. Here's the best 2 spots below from the Zayn/Ceasaro match for me personally, the second one is leading up to the finish.

http://i.minus.com/i3yS9kuGeAjMy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/XtL44To.gif

caught this match on NXT today

what the fuck does cesaro have to do to earn a push? for fuck sakes. how can people of importance ignore stuff like this and the match vs bryan on raw last month, just to name a few?

he probably spanked steph's ass or something. only explanation.

Cesaro has had alot of great matches this year including on Main Event against Sin Cara.

In other news Dolph Ziggler and Kofi Kingston team up on Superstars LOL. Hilarious team considering how many times they have faced each other. Also from World Champion to teaming up with Kofi Kingston. KOFI FUCKING KINGSTON IN 2013

strobogo

Banned
Cesaro is getting in even better shape, too. Somehow. Not really sure how he could even get in better shape, but he's definitely getting bigger and more vascular, and more vascular means more POWAH.

Even worse than teaming with Kofi is being on SUPERSTARS. What the fuck. NXT is of higher importance than Superstars, legit.

strobogo

Banned
I can't wait until Tyler Breeze gets called up and they do his phone gimmick on the Titan Tron, but somehow a dick pic accidentally gets put up there.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there anyone in the WWE or their developmental that you think could bring back the Iron Claw as a finisher and actually get it over with the crowds?

Watching old Von Erich matches and it amazes me how crazy the crowds could go for it.

strobogo

Banned
Why couldn't do that for Zack Ryder and his Flip cam?

Who is Zack Ryder? Is he that guido dude who was in TNA? What's almost more interesting to me in NXT is all the guys they use that are clearly never going to be called up. It's like they have two rosters. Is being an NXT jobber more or less embarrassing than being Zack Ryder?

KiNeSiS

Banned
Is there anyone in the WWE or their developmental that you think could bring back the Iron Claw as a finisher and actually get it over with the crowds?

Watching old Von Erich matches and it amazes me how crazy the crowds could go for it.

Hell no that move always sucked it was just a Von Erich thing and they ran that region.

Watched Kobashi & Misawa vs Akiyama & Nagata, super fun tag match;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5AYnz7Fy-Q

iACpzh50f6oSx.gif

KenOD said:

I don't know about actually getting it over, but the latest generation of the Von Erich's (Ross & Marshall) are doing pretty well and Marshall's been using the claw as a finisher in Japan. I wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE signed them up soon.

strobogo

Banned
If I had a time machine, I'd send Cesaro back to 1979, then send him to Japan. Then book him in matches with Baba, Inoki, Jumbo, and Bockwinkle. Then I'd have him team with Billy Robinson.

I feel like he and prime Inoki would have a 7 star match.

That fucking finish might have been the craziest feat of strength I've ever seen in wrestling. I can't even comprehend that.

Anyone who was half decent had a great match with Inoki, so against a guy the calibre of Cesaro it would've definitely been a classic.

I would have loved to see Cesaro vs Baba as well. The crowd loved it whenever Stan Hansen threw Baba about like he weighed nothing, I'm sure Cesaro would've wowed them with some of his deadlifts.

If I could have him wrestle anyone from that era, it'd probably be Jumbo...although, I think Cesaro vs Murdoch would've been all kinds of amazing.

Random excuse to post this gif - Cesaro should rip this off, I've never seen anyone other than Jumbo hit a deadlift belly-to-belly;

ibdFWPnnBoYvmY.gif

strobogo

Banned
Mike Awesome did it for a bit in ECW, though it was more of a bear hug into a belly to belly. I think his deadlift of guys out of a small package/suplex is more impressive than the deadlift superplex from the ropes. He has more help on the superplex, plus Saturn did it in 1998 like it was nothing. There is zero help for the one out of a small package.

He also did a Karelin lift while he was standing on the ropes and his opponent was draped over the top. (BO, I Bolieve), which seemed pretty nutty to me.

Also, Dory's reaction is hilarious.

Just finished watching NXT holy shit that finish by Cesaro, just straight up strength through out that whole match. Great match and also great episode of NXT. The guy that faced Ziggler was straight out of early 90s WCW/WWF.

I also have a new favorite person on NXT the camera director Dat AJ match.

zZIzcCW.gif

Top Bottom