• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, wot

Story went how long ago in Mexico, when Mistico was a huuuuge star and Del Rio was a nobody, Del Rio was backstage and went to talk to Mistico and either Mistico or one of his entourage pulled a gun on him.

Ah here's the quote, quoted:

Konnan, who specifically pointed out that he highly respects Del Rio and is good friends with Sin Cara, says that Sin Cara was getting a hugely inflated ego, coming in late for work, pushing people's limits, because he could and Del Rio, known as a legit tough-guy badass backstage, called Sin Cara out on it, in front of his posse. Sin Cara is from dat dirty dirty, so he has a posse. People started beefing and someone, possibly Sin Cara, pulled a gun on Del Rio.

God damn I love NXT its just so entertaining

Wasn't over enamoured with CJs debut but cracked up massively when Tyler spoke, his Zoolander voice is just perfect

I even like this Rusef guy, wacky gimmicks are awesome

Story went how long ago in Mexico, when Mistico was a huuuuge star and Del Rio was a nobody, Del Rio was backstage and went to talk to Mistico and either Mistico or one of his entourage pulled a gun on him.

Ah here's the quote, quoted:

Konnan, who specifically pointed out that he highly respects Del Rio and is good friends with Sin Cara, says that Sin Cara was getting a hugely inflated ego, coming in late for work, pushing people's limits, because he could and Del Rio, known as a legit tough-guy badass backstage, called Sin Cara out on it, in front of his posse. Sin Cara is from dat dirty dirty, so he has a posse. People started beefing and someone, possibly Sin Cara, pulled a gun on Del Rio.

Oh man...so Sin Cara is like the Mexican Homicide then? :p

Doesn't surprise me that Del Rio would speak his mind. Dude seems like good people, and not afraid to get in a fight if need be
even if Cro Cop kicked him so hard his mask flew into the 86th row

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man...so Sin Cara is like the Mexican Homicide then? :p

Doesn't surprise me that Del Rio would speak his mind. Dude seems like good people, and not afraid to get in a fight if need be
even if Cro Cop kicked him so hard his mask flew into the 86th row

I enjoyed that match. Del Rio was not afraid! Good dude.

So why has Sin Cara been so shit?

He should have been so much better then he was.

Can't get used to WWE style, seems to not want to work too hard to get better at English, doesn't care, coasting, etc etc.

Going from lucha to a normal style is a real rough go of it. They work opposite, so it can be a pain to invert everything you're used to. CHIKARA would teach American style, which is basically inverted lucha. Naturally, it was complicated.

I enjoyed that match. Del Rio was not afraid! Good dude.

Yeah, for going against Cro Cop right in the middle of his Malenko Murder Tour, he did alright.

Forkball

Fave five masks, no specific order.

Jushin Liger
Justin_Thunder_Liger.jpg

Ultimo Dragon

Mankind

Great Muta

SHOCKMASTER

Striker

So why has Sin Cara been so shit?

He should have been so much better then he was.
They probably should've sent him to get some time in developmental. Only guys like Del Rio and Cesaro work really well with him. They mixed his style with the WWE type and often times looks like a spotfest, and with guys he's not quite familiar with. Also found the lighting in his matches were pretty silly. But the injuries were getting out of hand, so that never helps.

If he renames the Kimura lock into the Brockolate Bar with commentary emphasis on how the bar has a lot of crunch because of arm breakage than maybe i'll be on board.

Aiii

So not worth it
What's funny is the spine of the Money in the Bank Blu-ray has Sandow and Orton holding their briefcases. So WWE doesn't care.

Why would they care. What, people aren't going to know who won at SummerSlam two months after the PPV aired?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they care. What, people aren't going to know who won at SummerSlam two months after the PPV aired?

It's one thing to spoil a movie on the cover, another when it's an old-ass event. It's fine!

Some Dragon Gate news;

Firstly,
Shingo Takagi failed in his first defence of the Open the Dream Gate Title against YAMATO. Shingo's now had two disappointing runs with the main belt, although there was Mad Blankey interference leading to the finish.
. Prior to the match Mad Blankey mocked Takagi for having no one in his corner, but Tozawa came out to second him. Afterwards, Takagi & Tozawa decided to form a new unit and announced themselves as the first entrants in the upcoming tag tournament.

Elsewhere, Kotoka came out wearing CIMA's gear and it was announced that he's now CIBA and was doing all of CIMA's signature stuff;

WB0VVrE.jpg

Also, the Millennials unit made their debut, their gimmick being they're all born after 1990 - the new unit consists of EITA, T-Hawk & U-T;

g31MsAf.jpg

Where does Smackdown air on Thursdays, that it's on the internet on Thursday night?

Australia. Friday's already been and gone for them, it's currently about 3AM Saturday in Oz.

Just finished watching NXT holy shit that finish by Cesaro, just straight up strength through out that whole match. Great match and also great episode of NXT. The guy that faced Ziggler was straight out of early 90s WCW/WWF.

I also have a new favorite person on NXT the camera director Dat AJ match.

zZIzcCW.gif

Both my girlfriend and myself noticed the camera people were being very gratuitous with A.J.'s ass during the match.

rubius01

Can't get used to WWE style, seems to not want to work too hard to get better at English, doesn't care, coasting, etc etc.

Going from lucha to a normal style is a real rough go of it. They work opposite, so it can be a pain to invert everything you're used to. CHIKARA would teach American style, which is basically inverted lucha. Naturally, it was complicated.

Yeah, for going against Cro Cop right in the middle of his Malenko Murder Tour, he did alright.

Honest question: What does inverted mean? I'm not familiar enough with the lucha style.

RBH

So what do you guys think about WWE talking with Goldberg?

As a huge Goldberg fan, I'd love to see him get another shot at the WWE and make up for his previous run.

Kaladin

As a huge Goldberg fan, I'd love to see him get another shot at the WWE and make up for his previous run.

Can he even still do what he did? Is he in wrasslin shape? I honestly don't know.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

I'd like to see him again. He takes care of himself, still has his physical charisma, and will not be used as a "Ha! I got one over on WCW!" angle at all. Time's ripe. Go for it.

somedevil

I'm fine with it if it's a limited run or a WrestleMania match. I've seen people throw out idea of him being the guy to face Bully Ry.

The big idea is to use him in the Triple H vs Vince feud with him being the guy Vince goes to if Austin says no.

Honest question: What does inverted mean? I'm not familiar enough with the lucha style.

Work the left arm (American) instead of the right (Mexico). I think a few other places work the right too, I can't remember. Others here would probably know.

It matters in terms of what side you're doing a move, and also how you would take one.

I'd love to see a Goldberg/HHH match just to see if Goldberg pays him back for all that trash HHH talked about him publicly a few years ago.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
August 2013:

Bill Goldberg recently spoke to 4th & Pain about his upcoming WWE DVD and more. When asked which current wrestler he would like to face, Goldberg admitted to not being familiar with the current roster, but that a match with The Undertaker would be a dream match. He also took a shot at Ryback at the beginning of the episode. Host Adam Carriker opened the show doing a Goldberg impression, and Goldberg said that it was better than Ryback's. You can watch it above.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just reminded me that I need to see more Canek. SO GOOD.

See all these lists show me irrefutable proof that WWE needs more masks, are they sure they can't throw one on Sami Zayn? and change his name while they're at it.

Speaking of Zayn, I stayed up to watch that 2 out of 3 falls match last night, I was right to do so, good call Wrasslegaf.

Top Bottom