• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

WWE released over a hundred Hulkster photos from their archives, here's 20 of the more awesome ones;

http://www.wwe.com/classics/hulk-hogan-like-youve-never-seen-him-before-photos

ii0EdN3vK5Qlp.jpg

ibmy0Z3GaLBW2G.jpg

ibeyHhblDtdiyT.jpg

i0QI31ug5r5hW.jpg

iRPjWHKqfW6tm.jpg

ifmoV1y2p44za.jpg

i4Nl9mFcALkx5.jpg

i5QUVjYzCr6dR.jpg

il8Jn70RreIgR.jpg

iboujZSLew7QaO.jpg

ibcx2M3CfIPDL7.jpg

ibaVpkcSqsrvnm.jpg

ibkI3FQAurm4er.jpg

inpACGn0FH1K.jpg

izeO8Yfqjygcp.jpg

ioPDIoBhCyPQD.jpg

iKl3dhtCybSuo.jpg

ibtON93r74Ggb9.jpg

ieoZZcygSzNJo.jpg

isL8kxju1lgqc.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Those are some phenomenal shots. Amazing. Hope we see more photos on all wrestling subjects that are that high quality and well done. Beautiful stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He is like 60 years old, so yeah, do not watch recent Canek.

Hes stuff in the 90s and 80s is the best.

Planning on hitting some 80s stuff real hard, will make a big effort to seek out as much of his work as I can.

strobogo

Banned
Man, the Steve Austin Podcast is absolutely horrible. It feels like he's such a shill for his advertisers. Maybe I just got a bad ep (DDP)

Thanks for this

Killing me, yo. His podcast is amazing. I did feel DDP's episodes were a bit iffy. DDP is a great dude, but there is nothing he likes more in the world than talking about himself. I still prefer Austin's drops more than anyone else in podcasting, but they do get terrible when Moe is involved. I really don't like his interjections. I feel about him the way that many people have felt about Redban on Rogan's shows.

Also, no one seemed to give a shit out this and it made me sad:

ibabeh1nsrAnWa.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Killing me, yo. His podcast is amazing. I did feel DDP's episodes were a bit iffy. DDP is a great dude, but there is nothing he likes more in the world than talking about himself. I still prefer Austin's drops more than anyone else in podcasting, but they do get terrible when Moe is involved. I really don't like his interjections. I feel about him the way that many people have felt about Redban on Rogan's shows.

I'll try another one of his. It was pretty rotten and DDP was the bright spot. I have a few more I can try.

Also people do give a shit about that gif, I already saw it crossposted on another forum a wrasslin buddy of mine linked to, so it's already making the rounds!

dream

Man, the Steve Austin Podcast is absolutely horrible. It feels like he's such a shill for his advertisers. Maybe I just got a bad ep (DDP)

Thanks for this

Listen to some of the mixed martials ones. SCSA is much more engaged when he's talking to legitimate athletes instead of carnies.

strobogo

Banned
I'll try another one of his. It was pretty rotten and DDP was the bright spot. I have a few more I can try.

Also people do give a shit about that gif, I already saw it crossposted on another forum a wrasslin buddy of mine linked to, so it's already making the rounds!

Link me. I need to know that going frame by frame to add a stupid blue dot was not done in vain.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Link me. I need to know that going frame by frame to add a stupid blue dot was not done in vain.

I'll ask him for the link again, I think it was at FNA but I'm unsure.

Also you know it wasn't in vain, Shark Johnson has been cutting himself all day.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of podcasts, The Miz was on Art of Wrestling last week;

http://tsmradio.com/coltcabana/

Warning; may make you gain some appreciation for The Miz.

Also, Grado's on AoW this week and episode 2 of Colt & Grado's online;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5hX5eUOmvs

Oh Grado, I can only understand about 50% of what you're saying, but you're a funny fucker nonetheless.

I heard about Miz on AoW - that it's worth hearing to just see how different Miz is when he's not being fed lines.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I made an OT wrestling thread and didn't try to put over legit shook since it's about as over as Wade Barrett

Go search for legit shook on GAF, get floored. It's already in the lexicon brah.

strobogo

Banned
If I had software that allowed me to just hover a blue dot over Christian for the entirety of a match instead of having to go frame by frame, I'd do it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If I had software that allowed me to just hover a blue dot over Christian for the entirety of a match instead of having to go frame by frame, I'd do it.

You probably could do that with gifcam. Capture existing video, hold it manually with a shape tool in a video editor while you play the file, basically screencap your holding it.

I tweeted the gif to the guy who told the story, Alex Greenfield, so maybe it'll get some love there.

XenoRaven

ibabeh1nsrAnWa.gif
Certain gifs go super slow on my phone. It feels like every frame is twice as slow as the one before it. So it's OK in the beginning, and by the end frames pause for longer than I would look at a photo of the moment the gif is trying to convey.

I will look at it when I get home though, as I always appreciate your gifs.

Ithil

See all these lists show me irrefutable proof that WWE needs more masks, are they sure they can't throw one on Sami Zayn? and change his name while they're at it.

Speaking of Zayn, I stayed up to watch that 2 out of 3 falls match last night, I was right to do so, good call Wrasslegaf.

No, El Generico was good, but Sami is way too good a face to be under a mask. I would not mind a brief appearance of El Generico during a Zayn story on the main roster, where he's banned from the arena or something and shows up as a luchador.

No, El Generico was good, but Sami is way too good a face to be under a mask. I would not mind a brief appearance of El Generico during a Zayn story on the main roster, where he's banned from the arena or something and shows up as a luchador.

Yeah, I've honestly been really surprised with how good he is in the babyface role - I mean, he was always a great face as Generico, but it was more to do with his mannerisms, his ability and his innate charisma that went beyond words. I just never thought he'd be so damn natural at cutting promos. Also, Renee Young does an excellent job with Sami. With all the NXT stars, for that matter. I think she's one of the best broadcasters WWE have had in ages.

Something about the name just bugs me, more than most of the WWE name generator names.

mouserat

Neo Member
I just listened to the SCSA Podcast with Samoa Joe, he seems like a really reasonable, well spoken guy, lot of respect for him.

however, I was a little worried. Austin was talking at the start about how he was laying there with his dog, and talked about how he dreamed he was going down on a Yeti and woke up coughing furballs... did he perform sleep-cunnilingus on his dog? all signs point to 'yes'.

I've really gotten behind the name of Sami Zayn. Its up their with Seth Rollins as actually good names

The only things I don't like about Sami Zayn's name are;

1. It removes all possibility of Sami Callihan being called Sami Callihan, not that there was much chance of that any way. I just got used to him being 'The Callihan Death Machine'.
2. When called up to the main roster, Sami will do some crazy flip and King will say something like "Wow! Did you see that? That was IN-ZAYN!", cue awkward silence from Cole & JBL.

So I need to be watching NXT, eh? How do I go about doing that in the UK?

Thursday at Midnight on Sky Sports 3, iirc.

Or, you can find it online - here's the latest episode;

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13hrvk

Man God

Non-Canon Member
SCSA needs Cold Stone as a sponsor. Then he can get JR on to just scream COLD STONE, COLD STONE, COLD STONE for two minutes.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only things I don't like about Sami Zayn's name are;

1. It removes all possibility of Sami Callihan being called Sami Callihan, not that there was much chance of that any way. I just got used to him being 'The Callihan Death Machine'.
2. When called up to the main roster, Sami will do some crazy flip and King will say something like "Wow! Did you see that? That was IN-ZAYN!", cue awkward silence from Cole & JBL.

Tommy Callihan is a better name.

QmuVnkC.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wow friends, a shiver just ran up my spine. Mixed martial artist Wanderlei Silva just cut the hottest promo in any sport since Dusty Rhodes' "Hard Times".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0tg0eSdFcE

Absolutely chilling. I'm legit shook right now.

Wand cut a dope promo? Lemme see this shit...

EDIT: first minute in, HOLY FUCKING SHIT THIS IS AN ORCHESTRAL BUILD TO WAND/SONNEN AND WAND IS THE CONDUCTOR

Great presence and fire, but after a while he starts rambling like an indy geek with no time limit. Said what he needed to say in the first minute or so.

Also, I just had to watch Hard Times again. Will that promo ever be beat? Fucking chills.

Terry Funk's Beautiful Dream is up there though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkLtItxkbXQ

Amazing. I make a point to use 'gutless individual' in real life as often as I can.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Great presence and fire, but after a while he starts rambling like an indy geek with no time limit. Said what he needed to say in the first minute or so.

Also, I just had to watch Hard Times again. Will that promo ever be beat? Fucking chills.

Terry Funk's Beautiful Dream is up there though;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkLtItxkbXQ

Amazing. I make a point to use 'gutless individual' in real life as often as I can.

0tUXvWY.png

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wand looks like a shitty Face Off make-up job. can't wait to se him getting subbed by Sonnen.

VAI LEVAR PORRADA SEU FROUXO!

I wouldn't put money on Wand but...when you start to question the smart choice, you know you've seen a damn good promo.

He's not called the Axe Murderer for nothing. His budo spirit clashes with Sonnen's style.

I wouldn't put money on Wand but...when you start to question the smart choice, you know you've seen a damn good promo.

He's not called the Axe Murderer for nothing. His budo spirit clashes with Sonnen's style.

subtitles are not very good and barely match what he's saying. he literally rants about METER PORRADA and SEU FROUXO and VOU TE PEGAR SOU-NAM.

Top Bottom