• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Kaladin

I'm actually watching ECW Unreleased Vol 1 (finally). This is a good set, but I'm really looking forward to Vol 2 which I should get this week which goes deeper into the archives with more actually rare matches.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
fave five taz moments in one gif
ikOagfWIVpfef.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching some Memphis Wrestling from 1983. There is no doubt I want Stro to tackle it next. Maybe an earlier year.

Taz was great in ECW. Just a mean, tough dude suplexing people with a permanent grimace and a legit aura. You guys and your retroactive hate because of his commentary, smh

This interview was kind of telling about what happened to Ziggler and how he feels right now. He's kind of the forgotten man, but he's being a team player for the time being. It may come off as sour grapes but really, has anyone with main event talent been more poorly utilized than Dolph Ziggler? Maybe Barrett but that's about it. Ziggler just seems like the type of guy who can carry this company if he's put in the right situation but he's never really been given the chance.

And I agree with the interviewer that his promos on Z True Long Island story were awesome, and for whatever reason he could never translate it to the microphone on WWE TV.

And IDK how you could watch this and say Dolph isn't solo push material. It's fairly obvious that the WWE TV process cuts his natural charisma in half on the mic. If they'd just keep his segments short and keep their hands off his material, Dolph would be fine. Oh and y'know, actually get behind him in a meaningful way, not just an "appease the smarks" one night push.

Watching a New Japan Premium show from 2008, first match is Okada vs Ohtani - Okada hits that nice dropkick of his, but it's all downhill from there as Ohtani just fucks him up;

id1QX3P3ECZd3.gif

I respect you gentlemen for not naming names, I think it's pretty clear who we're all referring to but incase there are any newcomers here that are a bit lost, I suppose I can be brave enough to fall on the grenade for the betterment of our thread.

Bootaaay really needs to give it a rest, reign it in, and quit horsing around.

ibrh9dD4eGm5Li.gif

Shinsuke Nakamua teamed with Naomichi Marufuji against KENTA & Takashi Sugiura today at Marufuji's 15th Anniversary Show - Sugiura pinned Marufuji in the end, but Nakamura hit KENTA with a Boma Ye. Would love to see a match between these two.

Nakamura's crazy-ass mask he wore to the ring;

iRNtgxjsyEXAU.jpg

Elsewhere on the show, Liger & Tiger Mask successfully defended the GHC Tag Titles against Genba & Maybach Jr, who was unmasked and revealed to be Hajime Ohara!

I need to watch more NOAH.

Old but I started watching the Jr. Tag Title tourney from July. Good stuff.

Is it fair to say Okada and Nakumura have had some of the craziest 180 gimmick flips in recent memory? Dudes went from Default Japanese CAW # 1 and #2 and became super turbo hyper edition swagtastic in only a few years.

strobogo

Banned
The Fabulous Ones are probably the gayest thing in wrestling history. More homoerotic than Billy and Chuck, the Dicks, the Heartthrobs, Goldust. Combined. But without a hint of irony. At least, I don't think.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder how much time it takes to make one episode of Botchamania and what software Maffew uses. Dude has mad skills and I hope he is doing something in the editing business to get paid.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Cody should speak in a Southern accent.

Watching the Emma vs Audrey match. I doubt the WWE will kept her gimmick. It so good, but I don't see it going over McMahon and some fans. Hope I'm wrong.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Everybody on gaming side seemed to be super pumped about it, but I ran out of steam on 3 after about 20 hours and see nothing about 4 that looks like more than a glorified DLC. Will still buy when it's sub-$10 on Steam, though.

gaf hates family guy but loves saints row. it's like loving the queen but not loving wade barrett

strobogo

Banned
I like her a lot, too. She seems so sweet and like she actually likes her job. And she's the only backstage interviewer who doesn't come off as a complete tool/robot.

strobogo

Banned
What has happened to Heath Slater? He looks like he hasn't worked out in 2 months and got some awful, Orton level arm tats. With the weight gain, his chest is obscene now.

Edgeward

Naomi and AJ put on a decent match on Main Event.

Wade And DBry put on a good show on SD as well. Still hate how cage matches include pinfalls/subs these days but it helped further establish Bryan's flying knee finisher.

strobogo

Banned
Yeah, I think cage matches should either be escape or pins/subs, but not both. I never really cared for the escape rule to begin with, especially when the face is the one trying to high tail it out. Cage matches should be the face getting the definitive beat down of a heel or a full brutal brawl.

I'm currently catching up on the Shine IPPV I forgot that I bought last night, the first two matches were pretty terrible (one due to more DQ bullshit) however Kimber Lee vs Kimberley was pretty good and the tripple threat between Jessicka Havok, Mia Yim, and Ivelisse was great. All three women managed to pulled off convincing strikes (which is a huge weakness in most US women's wrestling) and the pacing was pretty good for the time that they had.

I really hope the WWE considers signing on Havok given they gave Kong a go. She's essentially as intimidating as Kong but not crazy and much more flexible in the ring.

I'm on board with escape over the top but escape through the door shatters all suspension of disbelief. It would be too easy to just hightail the second you got a conceivable advantage.

Ideally though the cage is to keep the guys in and outside interference out, and escape rules fly in the face of that purpose.

Top Bottom