• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Ted DiBiase Jr is out of WWE, not resigning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7C8mJvases

Hope he's headed to Japan.

1262869002_kick-in-th7ky48.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This is a shoot, I woke up this morning with half my face unable to move.

:( Oh no! That's really shitty. :( I got a buddy who has it, he works through it. You said you're gonna be ok - you mean no lasting paralysis, etc?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
That's not good Laserfrog.

Also how can Sunny resist posting that picture.

Why post that picture? This may be a karma thing. After all, who can forget Laserfrog's smear job on poor old JR?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfYiuNQQY8M

Apparently lasting paralysis is rare, I'll just have to wait and see.

Make many scowls to keep your face moving in a good downward motion. Everyone takes a scowl seriously.

Anything else happen with it besides facial paralysis?

Kaladin

This is a shoot, I woke up this morning with half my face unable to move. It's going to take around 6 weeks to be back to normal says the doctor, also I'm on steroids now!

That sucks. I've had sudden conditions before and it's not fun. Mine was an eye condition that decided to pop up on the way home from vacation of all times. Sharp pain in one of my eyes that forced it to keep closing like I had something caught in it. It turned out to be a form of corneal dystrophy. It cleared up after a few trips to the eye doctor, but it's scary when shit like that hits you out of nowhere.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nope that's about it, eating is quite difficult.

Maybe this will stop that accursed "biscuit" addiction. You need to let those fake-cookies go.

FYI Stallone makes pudding, maybe try some of that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Feel better, Laser. You'll be just fine, buddy.

Oh god! This...this!!!

SoulPlaya is going to be able to fix the problem Laserfrog! He will be able to cure you with his medical knowledge!

But...bitter rivals once, now Laserfrog turns to Soul for help! But can he be trusted? Can Soulplaya put aside his rivalry...for the life of a human being? For the life of his greatest enemy?

For...Laserfrog?

TUNE IN TONIGHT GWF

Penguin

Random aside, and not even sure why thinking this, but has anyone had nearly as many heel/face turns in their career as the Big Show?

Valentus

Austin at least was CEO...

Sorry, but with no external help, is not credible at all that bryan can defeat the entire new corporation (more with the Shield, a unstoppable stable that never loses via pinfall or submission) and it would be stupid that Vince turns face and help Bryan because Vince was the first one in that storyline that didn't want Bryan as Champion.

The only thing i saw that makes this storyline credible is the return of Shane or Senator McMahon to help Bryan, but that ain't gonna happen.

I really can't see where this angle is going.

Ithil

People who haven't watched wrestling in years and years strolling along and making these grand sweeping statements about the current state of it (which they have not seen) never fails to amuse me.

Kaladin

Sorry, but with no external help, is not credible at all that bryan can defeat the entire new corporation (more with the Shield, a unstoppable stable that never loses via pinfall or submission) and it would be stupid that Vince turns face and help Bryan because Vince was the first one in that storyline that didn't want Bryan as Champion.

The only thing i saw that makes this storyline credible is the return of Shane or Senator McMahon to help Bryan, but that ain't gonna happen.

Isn't that the point? When even long term fans can't see where something is going, and the angle is good, you're doing something right.

Valentus

Isn't that the point? When even long term fans can't see where something is going, and the angle is good, you're doing something right.

This is not in a good way. What are they gonna do, make bryan trying to dismantle the new corporation like Sting / Ultimate Warrior with the nWo?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Top Five Gimmick Matches/PPV ideas:

5. Hell in the Cell: While severely cheapened over the years this simple idea of a regular no dq match inside a cage with a lid just really worked. It's a good idea that has been tamed over the years by overexposure.

4. Elimination Chamber. Wargames but not as good.

3. Wargames. Survivor series on steroids in a cage. The early ones are phenomenal. The Elimination Chamber was what the WWE came up with when HHH wanted to revive this idea. I bet it comes back within a year of Vince retiring for good.

2. Money in the Bank: This PPV match has basically made two WWE staples used to anoint an up and comer redundant; The IC belt and the King of the Ring tournament.

1. Royal Rumble. The staggered battle royal format adds a ton to a gimmick match older than dirt.

BONUS: Five worst gimmick matches

5. Stuff on a pole.
4. Inferno matches.
3. Non escape cage matches/Cage matches with open doors.
2.Scaffold match: Two or more big burly men trying their best to not wrestle and take big ass falls as safely as possible.
1. Hell in a Kennel.

5. Hell in the Cell: While severely cheapened over the years this simple idea of a regular no dq match inside a cage with a lid just really worked. It's a good idea that has been tamed over the years by overexposure.

3. Wargames. Survivor series on steroids in a cage. The early ones are phenomenal. The Elimination Chamber was what the WWE came up with when HHH wanted to revive this idea. I bet it comes back within a year of Vince retiring for good.

2. Money in the Bank: This PPV match has basically made two WWE staples used to anoint an up and comer redundant; The IC belt and the King of the Ring tournament.

1. Royal Rumble. The staggered battle royal format adds a ton to a gimmick match older than dirt.

5. Stuff on a pole.
4. Inferno matches.
2.Scaffold match: Two or more big burly men trying their best to not wrestle and take big ass falls as safely as possible.
1. Hell in a Kennel.

I'll add first blood match to the worst

5. Stuff on a pole.
4. Inferno matches.
1. Hell in a Kennel.

Where does Punjabi Prison match fall into the worst gimmick matches?

Kaladin

This is not in a good way. What are they gonna do, make bryan trying to dismantle the new corporation like Sting / Ultimate Warrior with the nWo?

Again, that's the point.....you don't know where they're going with this. You've got to admit, this is quite the turn-around for the company who booked Twice In A Lifetime with months of angles you could see from a mile away.

People who haven't watched wrestling in years and years strolling along and making these grand sweeping statements about the current state of it (which they have not seen) never fails to amuse me.

Not nearly as amusing as you rushing to the defense of Husky f'n Harris.

Penguin

I would note that Austin was the CEO well over a year after the angle started

And Bryan isn't going to do it alone, they've already dropped hints/beef with The Big Show and Dolph Ziggler last week, and I'm sure other faces in the future.

Top Bottom