• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

strobogo

Banned
I have absolutely zero interest to see Ortiz, Rampage and King Mo take up screen time.

It's not like they'll have many matches, most of their time they'll be off TV training for Bellator anyways. I watch wrestling to watch wrestlers wrestle, oddly enough. Instead we get second rate MMA fighters, retirement age hasbeens. Various family members like Garrett Bischoff, Brooke Hogan and Wes Brisco that have neither the talent or skill to warrant a TV spot. And a bunch of WWE that are years past their prime or addicted to drugs and alcohol and in need of employement where they don't care if you show up pissed beynd belief.

Fuck this company, I hope they die soon so somebody more competent can get their TV deal.

Wes Brisco might be the one that bothers me the most. He's a guy so shitty that WWE wouldn't keep him despite years of training and being the son of one of Vince's right hand men. There was no reason to hire him except because of his former WWE ties. Former WWE developmental ties. And then they waste what little is left of Kurt Angle's career on him.

I thought that Earl Hebner was the worst and most ridiculous WWE cast off the picked up, but Wes Brisco might actually be worse.

I was out with a friend a few months ago and we somehow got to talking about wrestling.

"I have a friend who wrote some themes for the WWF years ago", he said.
"Oh, do you know which ones?"
"I don't know who it was for, but one was called 'Spin, Spin, Spin'"

Amazing. Couldn't have been a better theme to have done.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
When did Sting start looking like Ace Ventura?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Me not having access to the G1 is so painful. This sounds like the event to end all events. And there's still so much more to go! Blugh, not spending the $150 was the biggest mistake I've made all year.

Kaladin

That debut was so very awful.

Why the fuck should I give a shit about these washed up cans taking roster spots from legitimate wrestlers? Fuck off, TNA.

I'm willing to bet this is more Spike TV than TNA. TNA is probably really only happy with Rampage, because they figure he will eventually get in the ring, and he has a genuine love of wrestling. The other two? Tito just seems to be there to promote his fight and King Mo is taking more time than they thought to get ring ready, and I have feeling TNA would have given up on him a long time ago if he wasn't a Bellator fighter. You'll probably hear from someone down the line how this relationship with Bellator was forced on the company by the network.

somedevil

Why the fuck should I give a shit about these washed up cans taking roster spots from legitimate wrestlers? Fuck off, TNA.

The whole thing is basically happening to promote Bellator first pay per view with the head match of Ortiz vs Rampage on Spike's highest rated show.

I'm not sure how MMA fans will feel if Tito Ortiz interferes in that 5 on 5 match and causes Rampage to lose and that's stars there feud to the pay per view in November. It will be the first worked MMA feud.

Kaladin

I'm not sure how MMA fans will feel if Tito Ortiz interferes in that 5 on 5 match and causes Rampage to lose and that's stars there feud to the pay per view in November. It will be the first worked MMA feud.

I'm sure they won't care one way or the other because they won't even see it.

Really enjoying The Rock v Jericho build up for No Mercy 2001. There's a great little moment on Smackdown between the two that reminds me of Prince Devitt.

DMczaf

Who let the homeless guy on?

20130731_TotalDivas_Episode2_LARGE_L.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
They release t-shirts all the time, plus a trimming of the beard doesn't even negate his t-shirt so that argument makes no sense either way.

Linkified

Isn't that the other way round MMA fighters bringing legitimacy to a washed up roster known as TNA. Plus this will be a Spike TV call not a TNA decision.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching Day 2 of G1 on Youtube. Feeling slightly dirty. Absolutely loving it. Goddamn. Really drives the point home between who is watching wrestling and who is watching whatever you'd call WWE. We're on the cusp of a golden age.

I'd mark for the return of Ken Kennedy, it would probably be a very short lived mark out when I notice how much worse he's gotten but it'd be a nice few minutes until that point at least.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GWF Equality Cup continues tomorrow, I think. So there's that.

I recommend resting though.

They release t-shirts all the time, plus a trimming of the beard doesn't even negate his t-shirt so that argument makes no sense either way.

My point is they probably wouldn't have released that as, basically, his official T-shirt if they weren't planning on having him keep the big ugly hobo beard for at least a little while. Trimming it WOULD negate the T-shirt, as the T-shirt features of the drawing of the beard in its present state of glorious horribleness. That's the entire draw of the shirt in the first place; why would people keep buying a shirt whose drawing doesn't even match the actual guy? Lots of guys have beards, but Bryan having a huge, fuckoff hipster beard gives him some uniqueness to compensate for the fact that his look is kind of boring, otherwise. It's as much a part of his gimmick as anything else, at the moment, and when it goes, it's not going to go unceremoniously in some comedy sketch with Stephanie. My guess is there'll probably be a part of the segment where they go to trim it, and we'll get a "NO! NO! NO!" out of it.

tm24

Not gonna lie, if Tanahashi's new gimmick is mock everything Devitt does, i love it. Sunflower is gonna have a new member of his fav five.

strobogo

Banned
It was the greatest night in the history of the sport, too. I haven't heard "greatest night in the history of our great sport", but he DOES say "biggest main event in Nitro/Thunder/WCW" history just about every week.

Watching Day 2 of G1 on Youtube. Feeling slightly dirty. Absolutely loving it. Goddamn. Really drives the point home between who is watching wrestling and who is watching whatever you'd call WWE. We're on the cusp of a golden age.

I'll probably buy the next NJPW iPPV though 'cause i almost feel kinda dirty doing that too, though i'm not watching all of it, just whatever i can/whatever i feel like.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I can't believe how incredible people are making Day 4 of the G1 sound. Must-fucking-see. Arrrrrrrrrgh!

Still living with the regret.

Entropia

No One Remembers

I wonder if enough people have played the WWE 2K13. Don't just assume that's the exact same thing as all the previous wrestling titles, because it really and truly isn't. This one is so much better than the last set of games that have been getting made. in fact, I would go so far as to put it up there on the same level, or even higher, than the N64 No Mercy and WrestleMania games. It's that damn good a game.

Top Bottom