• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

strobogo

Banned
Go ooooooon. Seriously. I don't get E Entertainment. Would love some more in-depth reviews of this show on here.

I believe the point of all E! shows, dating back to the Anna Nicole Smith show, is making everyone look like vapid shit heads. It is no surprise to me that people would come off poorly on an E! show.

Man, Booker's face got fall while he was recovering from surgery.

I'm so confused then!

Because thinking about it... last week they said Nikki and Brie lived like 10 mins apart

So there's
Cena's house
Bryan's house
Nikki's place
Brie's place

And now Phoenix?

Parts of the show if not the whole show seem to be contrived. Fuck Cena though that house is amazing.

this made me laugh

tumblr_mr195rSTgy1rc5qu7o1_500.jpg

Penguin

How's the show been? I don't get E.

I view it as a comedic behind the scenes.

Like it's just some funny situations played up too much

I think being tied into wrestling helps.

Stuff like the costume, and being bumped off Mania is interesting.

Eva Marie trying to sleep with Fandango to get on the main roster as a dancer is a dud

The real star is Nattie, as you actually feel for her, being put in this guardian role while everyone passes her by

The funniest shiet on the total divas show was when they got cut from Mania. Would've been great if one of them would have said something to Punk or Taker

The funniest shiet on the total divas show was when they got cut from Mania. Would've been great if one of them would have said something to Punk or Taker

It is actually worst than that it was the brock vs triple h match I believe that went long and got them cut from the show.

Someone has to write a detailed summary of the Diva show. I have zero intention of watching it yet I want to know everything that happened in it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dave Meltzer ‏@davemeltzerWON 12h
Ishii v Shibata today was the pro wrestling equivalent to Frye v Takayama.
Retweeted 15 times

i wonder what fake meltzer has to say about this. oh right, he didnt even like wrestling.

It's pretty funny seeing the butthurt on the Observer boards from Meltzer pretty much saying "if you complain about the state of today's wrestling and don't watch New Japan, your opinion is invalid".

Also, Yujiro's theme is gold. I swear, his entrances get sleazier with each day of the G1. Can't wait for the final.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Instead of just selling the live stream, I think a blu ray box of G1 in its entirety, maybe even with subs, could be a way NJPW could branch into the US and EU markets.

Instead of just selling the live stream, I think a blu ray box of G1 in its entirety, maybe even with subs, could be a way NJPW could branch into the US and EU markets.

Unfortunately, anything like that would probably be highly priced - physical media is so damn expensive in Japan that, unless New Japan actually cut a deal to produce US/EU region blu-ray sets, the price would probably be too prohibitive for western markets. You can import the blu-ray's of their bigger shows, but it's damn near $50 per show.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Unfortunately, anything like that would probably be highly priced - physical media is so damn expensive in Japan that, unless New Japan actually cut a deal to produce US/EU region blu-ray sets, the price would probably be too prohibitive for western markets. You can import the blu-ray's of their bigger shows, but it's damn near $50 per show.
At least let me buy some freaking shirts. I want Naito's astro boy shirt AND Takahashi's new one.

Just some random photos from the event that I really liked.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
final day he 's just gonna come out with gianna michaels or something. MIGHT AS WELL.
minoru-suzuki-se-burla-de-tetsuya-naito.gif

and Yano's method of beating Yujiro was absolute poetry in motion.

01_size2.jpg

01_size1.jpg

01_size1.jpg

01_size1.jpg

I'd trade the WWE's US TV deal for New Japan in a heartbeat. Like, they don't even need to translate it, just get the raw live feed from Japan and put it on the USA Network® Characters Welcome™

It's so much better. I don't want to sound like one of "those guys" on the IWC but......it's SO good.

Aiii

So not worth it
So, this Jane person on Total Divas, is she actually WWE Staff?

Clearly, Stephanie is in charge of the women in WWE, so it's either a planted person or an assistant, right?

Also, who writes the storylines for Total Divas? Is it regular WWE Creative? Is that why WWE stopped sucking, because they put their soap opera people on Total Divas duty instead of wrestling?

So, this Jane person on Total Divas, is she actually WWE Staff?

Clearly, Stephanie is in charge of the women in WWE, so it's either a planted person or an assistant, right?

Also, who writes the storylines for Total Divas? Is it regular WWE Creative? Is that why WWE stopped sucking, because they put their soap opera people on Total Divas duty instead of wrestling?

It said she was the head of talent relations but isn't that what HHHs title is now since he took it away from Johny Ace. She's probably a plant

Aiii

So not worth it
Okay, I'm 30 minutes into day 1 of G1.

For one, I wish they would add the names in Romaji, so at the very least I can tell who's who. I don't know all these people, I can't speak this language, help! At least when they have foreigners working matches with Japanese folk it's easy to tell who's Ishii and who's Archer. But still. Also, this muting of all the sound during entrances is beyond stupid. Pick different music if you can't get the broadcasting rights.

Or hire someone like Matt Striker or anyone really to do live commentary for your international stream. I know some of you don't care, but I like someone telling me the storylines and talking about history and stuff that's going on.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
yeah naito gave a little kid his armband. he's not going heel, he's just being 'sometimes im a dick' face naito

also lol at that girl desperately running up to naito with a shirt
naito8bjyf.gif

Okay, I'm 30 minutes into day 1 of G1.

For one, I wish they would add the names in Romaji, so at the very least I can tell who's who. I don't know all these people, I can't speak this language, help! At least when they have foreigners working matches with Japanese folk it's easy to tell who's Ishii and who's Archer. But still. Also, this muting of all the sound during entrances is beyond stupid. Pick different music if you can't get the broadcasting rights.

Or hire someone like Matt Striker or anyone really to do live commentary for your international stream. I know some of you don't care, but I like someone telling me the storylines and talking about history and stuff that's going on.

Bizarrely, they have someone announcing the wrestlers names in English in the arenas, but you won't hear it if the music is muted or the commentators are talking over it. As for the music, I guess they don't want to change the themes, especially for guys like Tenzan or Nagata who have had their themes for ages. It sucks for international viewers though, especially when they cut the audio the second the match finishes and you don't get to hear the crowd's reaction.

They could do with English commentary, but I'd personally like the option to switch between both - I can understand the need for background information on the wrestlers/matches/feuds, etc, but whoever they got to do it would have to be at least equal to the Japanese commentators in terms of their reactions. Striker would be pretty good, actually. He's always come across as very enthusiastic.

Putting the wrestler's names in English/romanji on the graphics seems like it should be easy enough and the only reason I can guess for them not having alredy done so is because they know the majority of people buying the shows will be the hardcore few already familiar with the rosters/storylines. That's definitely something they need to address though, as New Japan is on a roll, quality wise, right now and will be attracting new viewers. If you've got any questions about the wrestlers or some of the background storyline stuff going on, feel free to ask. There's a fair few New Japan fans here now, which gladdens my heart :)

Also, here's my G1 preview, which may help a bit; http://senorlariato.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/new-japan-23rd-g1-climax-tournament.html

Top Bottom