• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Alucard

Banned
Well, that segment was awful and accomplished virtually nothing. Angle was looking mighty influenced by something though. Just saying.

I was too distracted by the fact that Ortiz looks like O-Face He-Man when he laughs to catch that the first time around, but Angle does look pretty buzzed on the replay.

Alucard

Banned
Well that was the show he got his DUI after, wasn't it?

Yep. This was filmed late Thursday, and he was pulled over Friday morning.

Not sure I want to watch the rest of this show...have a bad feeling about it, but I like me some Daniels and Kaz, so may watch that since it's probably next.

RBH

idvOvxRZzSj93.gif

This segment was so awesome.

And now I'm watching Tyler Breeze's amazing entrance.

I NEED TO START WATCHING MORE NXT

RBH

Some more stuff from the latest issue of the Observer:

Regarding the stories of Jake Roberts working hard to make a comeback for the Royal Rumble, while it could happen if he keeps his head on straight, we're told that internally it has never been anything seriously discussed at this point. The feeling is that if they make a deal it will be after monitoring him during the winter, and if does OK it'll probably be something last minute to give him less time to screw up.

the latest word is that the pre-show match might be Cesaro vs. RVD).

While it's successful reality TV so far, every single solitary person within wrestling who has commented on the show to me—including, I should note, people who were involved in the production of it—hate the show passionately. The only person in WWE who has spoken out has been Dolph Ziggler. Most of the wrestlers were overseas last week so they didn't see episode one, but many of them saw episode two and thought it was awful. There is the feeling that you don't speak out about it because it's the Bellas' vehicle, and Nikki is dating Cena, and if it gets back to Cena that's the end of your push. Dolph either didn't get the memo or didn't care.

the word we got from Raw Monday is that Eva Marie is PASSIONATELY hated. Which means she'll probably be pushed hard on the main roster very soon.

It was noted that the only person who arguably came off worse than Eva was Ariane, AKA Cameron. But one WWE source said, "Cameron is an idiot, but everyone in the company already knows that so it's nothing new."

The one thing that was real on the show was the tears by Eva Marie when she met with Steph at the end. Obviously the storyline where she lied about her dance background in the hopes that she'd be chosen to be Fandango's permanent dancer was fake from start to finish. But when they started putting the show together they got word that while Stephanie was always super busy on Mondays (she has kids so she's usually only around on TV days) she'd make time if they could come up with a good storyline for the show. So I don't know exactly what they told Eva, but she went into the office with the idea that she'd done something really bad and that Stephanie was pissed at her. Steph was in character the entire time but Eva didn't know that, which was why we got the real tears on television. There were wrestlers who were laughing at the storyline, since it's damn near impossible to get any time with Stephanie at all on Monday but it was played up on Total Divas like it was no problem.

Ultratech

There is the feeling that you don't speak out about it because it's the Bellas' vehicle, and Nikki is dating Cena, and if it gets back to Cena that's the end of your push.

I really had to laugh and it made me remember that webcomic about telling the difference between the Bellas.

2012-12-31-bryan-guide.jpg

That 3D was awesome. Crowd loved it for sure. An okay episode of Impact I enjoyed it.
By the way I missed the shield vs Orton,Bryan,Cena match. How was it?

somedevil

Right now Bray Wyatt and Tyler Breeze has the best entrances in wrestling right now. Also that six man tag at the end of Raw was more an angle than a match. Watch Main Event if you want a longer than 5 minute shield match.

Yeah? Definitely check it out. I'm trying to find my groove in watching wrestling again. Admittedly I still only watch Raw and TNA.

So another question if wrasstleGAF doesn't mind. Somebody mentioned Kevin Steen. Is he any good? Any matches I should try to check out?

strobogo

Banned
Kevin Steen is awesome, even if he is a disgusting fat ass with acne. I would suggest to watch everything he's done in PWG.

So I confirmed with the wife. I was going to just sit in my old apt with just a computer, router, and monitor, watch summerslam and then move the last pieces to the new place, but she already made all the appointments. Cable and internet is getting shut off at the old place on and won't be on in the new place until monday. So the ONE DAY I won't have access to tv or internet will be during Summerslam. blah

Kaladin

So I confirmed with the wife. I was going to just sit in my old apt with just a computer, router, and monitor, watch summerslam and then move the last pieces to the new place, but she already made all the appointments. Cable and internet is getting shut off at the old place on and won't be on in the new place until monday. So the ONE DAY I won't have access to tv or internet will be during Summerslam. blah

At least you won't have internet and won't be able to check results so you can watch it the next day or so.

strobogo

Banned
Lol, that beard thread. I can't believe how many people clearly weren't reading the other posts when Daniel Bryan, WWE, and Vince were talked about repeatedly, yet people kept offering straight advice.

A few years ago in an apartment, I had no cable/internet and was content to use various wifi around the complex, but there was a PPV I wanted to watch. I think it was the one with the first Championship Scramble match. So I took my laptop to a Panera Bread near by and used their wifi from my car to watch it.

That Observer news about the reality show is so stupid. The politics of it, the scripted parts, the unscripted parts, the "Bellas vehicle" the "if word got back to Cena"..........all of it. I hate it and it's making me angry. The premise, the rumors, the "yo dawg I heard you like kayfabe" nature of it.

It's annoying me I and can't really pinpoint the exact reason. just.....all of it.

RBH

That Observer news about the reality show is so stupid. The politics of it, the scripted parts, the unscripted parts, the "Bellas vehicle" the "if word got back to Cena"..........all of it. I hate it and it's making me angry. The premise, the rumors, the "yo dawg I heard you like kayfabe" nature of it.

It's annoying me I and can't really pinpoint the exact reason. just.....all of it.

Maybe this will cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rUjh9KzsFM

Plus I had a whole arc planned for the course of the ppv, Oh well. From being in the Hall of fame (shame?) in last months thread to barely being in this months thread and missing the ppv entirely. I feel like the Miz.

Maybe I should make it part of my gimmik

I WAS IN THE HALL OF FAME OF JULY WRASSLEGAF! (Repeats for the next two years)

Top Bottom