• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| starring Bryan Danielson & John Cena in a worked reality show

Kaladin

It's another WSU/CZW combo on Saturday starting at 4pm EST.....

WSU presents Uncensored Rumble LIVE on iPPV!!

wsurumble.jpg

*2 Out Of 3 Falls for the WSU World Championship*
Jessicka Havok (c) vs. Athena

*To Determine the #1 Contender for the WSU World Championship*
Nevaeh vs. Lexxus

*To Determine the #1 Contenders for the WSU Tag Team Championships*
Kimber Lee & Annie Social vs. Veda Scott & Jessie Brooks

*First Time Ever*
Jenny Rose vs. Christina Von Eerie

*Grudge Match*
Addy Starr & Matt Tremont vs. ??? & Chris Dickinson

*Roster Spot On The Line*
Jana vs. Niya

*Uncensored Rumble Match*
Featuring.. Santana Garrett, Xandra Bale, Taeler Hendrix, Shanna, Jody D'Milo, and more!

*Also Scheduled To Appear*
Sassy Stephanie

CZW presents TANGLED WEB 6 LIVE on iPPV!!!

web6.jpg

Tangled Web Match
DREW BLOOD & SCOTTY VORTEKZ v. LUCKY 13 & DANNY HAVOC

CZW World Heavyweight Championship
MASADA (c) v. #1 Contender DREW GULAK

CZW Wired TV Championship
A.R. FOX (c) v. ANDREW EVERETT

Tag-Team Rematch
4 Loco's AZRIEAL & BANDIDO JR v. the Beaver Boys ALEX REYNOLDS & JOHN SILVER

8 Man Tag-Team Match
GREG EXCELLENT, NOI's DEVON MOORE, SHANE STRICKLAND & 'Bulldozer' MATT TREMONT v. 4 Loco's ALEX COLON, RORY MONDO, The Front's BIFF BUSICK & 'Chainsaw' JOE GACY

CALEB KONLEY v. SHANE HOLLISTER

Plus the debut of Portugals Perfect Athlete SHANNA

Looks like two good cards.....the combo deal is $20.

http://www.rfvideonow.com/czw/

I'm definitely in for these shows. New Japan's iPPV at 2am would make for 10 or so hours of wrasslin in a day.....that's a lot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bad timing on those shows. I'm saving myself for G1 because there's only so much Sunny to go around before I get hit with burnout.

Aiii

So not worth it
I liked episode 2 more than episode 1 of Total Divas. Though this one was considerably more scripted (as in the whole thing was so damn fake) than the first one appeared to be.

mrboo001

Banned
Huh, New Japan have made the G1 FINAL available to purchase on its own!

http://www.ustream.tv/njpwsub

The price is $30 and the show starts this Sunday (Saturday on the west coast) at 8AM EU | 7AM UK | 2AM East Coast | 11PM Saturday West Coast

I've missed this whole thing and I feel bad. I'm going to a concert and the show ends at 11:30am and the final would start for me at midnight. Guess I'll take the plunge.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I've missed this whole thing and I feel bad. I'm going to a concert and the show ends at 11:30am and the final would start for me at midnight. Guess I'll take the plunge.

Yessssssssssssss! You won't be disappointed, I can guarantee it! Even if that FUCKHEAD Devitt makes it.

Spoiler for Night 4's Devitt/Tanahashi match
Devitt won, you people saying I spoiled it were wrong! Wrong! I hope you people went back to watch it even assuming it was spoiled because I wasn't angry.

hi soulplaya i said something nice about kane when you were gone? did you have fun? how is your summer going? are you excited for med school? when do you start? thats cool bye

mrboo001

Banned
Yessssssssssssss! You won't be disappointed, I can guarantee it! Even if that FUCKHEAD Devitt makes it.

Devitt won, you people saying I spoiled it were wrong! Wrong! I hope you people went back to watch it even assuming it was spoiled because I wasn't angry.

I do play to go back and watch Night 4, as it sounded amazing.

This will be my 2nd NJPW PPV, watched the one in Tokyo Dome this year. It was amazing.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
hi soulplaya i said something nice about kane when you were gone? did you have fun? how is your summer going? are you excited for med school? when do you start? thats cool bye
Hey, buddy. Med school has started already for me. I'm doing cancer research right now, and hopefully, we'll eventually make some real progress in treatment research. I saw what you said about Kane. I appreciate it.

BTW, folks, a Ring of Fire match is essentially an Inferno match, but you win by pinfall, not setting your opponent on fire.

jmdajr

Hey, buddy. Med school has started already for me. I'm doing cancer research right now, and hopefully, we'll eventually make some real progress in treatment research. I saw what you said about Kane. I appreciate it.

BTW, folks, a Ring of Fire match is essentially an Inferno match, but you win by pinfall, not setting your opponent on fire.

That would be swell!

Kaladin

Kinda like a TLC match with pinfalls and submissions?

Actually this might work better than an inferno match....inferno matches always have a stupid finish, and the objective of throwing someone out of the ring is always the same fight. This could allow wrestlers to get creative with how they use the fire.

@ bolded: *jacket*

I loved that damn match. Bullet Club's bullshit causes them to get nuclear heat, and Devitt is insane. Suck it Tanahashi

I remember Vince actually responded to that challenge privately, saying he'd be glad to meet Bischoff in any parking lot in the country with no TV cameras around. Bischoff, shockingly, never responded.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I remember Vince actually responded to that challenge privately, saying he'd be glad to meet Bischoff in any parking lot in the country with no TV cameras around. Bischoff, shockingly, never responded.

Entirely true.

Also Stro this is right around the time fans started to notice the announce team juicing win totals (the fan count had an up to date tally including all house shows) and WCW did get some flak for it. The streak signs will start to diminish soon.

Ithil

A new pic of Kassius Ohno in his new gear. Well, I don't know and it still looks like he is avoiding the gym.

Slightly hilarious. Just get in the gym, man. When your lack of toning is literally the only thing stopping you from being on the main roster, I'd say sort it out.

He'll be cut by November. Christ.

You'd think he would have learned how to be a physical beast from Cesaro.

I'm guessing that he's always had weight issues whenever he's not been juicing given how heavy he used to be. To be honest I didn't think he looked that bad in NXT in the past however he looks fucking terrible in that new gear. It's a shame given they were pushing him despite not having a perfect physique at one point and his match with Regal was one of the best NXT matches so far.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If only he knew how little of a shit Miami gave about him before movies.

KissVibes

Banned
I'm guessing that he's always had weight issues whenever he's not been juicing given how heavy he used to be. To be honest I didn't think he looked that bad in NXT in the past however he looks fucking terrible in that new gear. It's a shame given they were pushing him despite not having a perfect physique at one point and his match with Regal was one of the best NXT matches so far.

He's a good wrestler and I'd like to see him make the main roster but he looks fucking gross in that picture above. Black ain't that slimming, chief. I know he used to be a pretty hefty dude but a couple days in the gym ever week would keep him looking pretty good. The new performance center should make piss easy for him to do so, too. I don't think he goes at all.

If he isn't serious about it, he's going to get his ass cut. Dude should be on the main roster already.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't think he looks THAT bad, but he does also look like he gives no fucks anymore.

The only time Hero ever looked in real good shape was the year or two leading up to WWE taking an interest, but then there were 'problems' with his bloodwork that stalled him getting signed and, mysteriously, he's never been able to re-attain his previous physique, despite having the biggest opportunity of his career in front of him.

Watching some more old WAR, featuring young & chubby Gedo;

ibaXwxjtClg7iR.gif

I can't believe anyone would think a bleach-blonde undercut mullet was a good idea. Ah, the mid-90's.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The only time Hero ever looked in real good shape was the year or two leading up to WWE taking an interest, but then there were 'problems' with his bloodwork that stalled him getting signed and, mysteriously, he's never been able to re-attain his previous physique, despite having the biggest opportunity of his career in front of him.

Yeah, he had elevated levels of testosterone then that he swore was a legit condition of his. However it ebbs and flows...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Next Tuesday is Crush's anniversary of his death. :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One of the best promos of the attitude era....and quite possibly the best debut of that era.

I felt the opposite. Neutered his character, turned him into shit - he was so much better in WCW. WWF was a step back, a huge one, and he sucked for a couple years before he found his groove.

Striker

Can't say he sucked just because he was forced to feud with Chyna or in the low card. I can't remember the timeline, but when did he interrupt the Undertaker-Big Show promo and said Taker was boring? lol

Thought that got him into a hole for a little while.

His debut was definitely the most anticipated in the WWF/E and both guys did a great job.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Can't say he sucked just because he was forced to feud with Chyna or in the low card. I can't remember the timeline, but when did he interrupt the Undertaker-Big Show promo and said Taker was boring? lol

Thought that got him into a hole for a little while.

His debut was definitely the most anticipated in the WWF/E and both guys did a great job.

Chyna did great in that feud, it was interesting. As a character though Jericho showed up penniless with nothing in the bank, and wasn't any good.

#unpopularturdopinions

I know Liger first did the SSP in '87, but I don't think I can recall seeing an earlier instance of an SSP to the floor than this clip of Ultimate Dragon (Ultimo's nemesis) from 1995;

ixln7QW4GUwUg.gif

Jericho counters a top-rope hurricanrana attempt from Ultimo into a nasty looking powerbomb;

iXPIHMoCsAdM2.gif

Bradshaw, as his fake Undertaker persona Death Mask;

iu75N1VIPYuMG.gif

Is it true Soulplaya got a Carlos Boozer tattoo while in the joint?

I felt the opposite. Neutered his character, turned him into shit - he was so much better in WCW. WWF was a step back, a huge one, and he sucked for a couple years before he found his groove.

Yup. Felt the same way. Great build up, huge suspense, everyone was hyped for him. Then The Rock... IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS! For all the shit HHH gets for burying people, The Rock killed Jericho before he even got a chance to go!

No Mercy 2001 build up references this debut in the Jericho v Rock match for the WCW Title, which I found nice.

but when did he interrupt the Undertaker-Big Show promo and said Taker was boring? lol

It was the week after his debut. August 16, 1999.

Jericho's debut was...weird. It was clear they didn't have anything for him. He went from The Rock to Undertaker\Big Show to Road Dogg to Ken Shamrock to X-Pac to Chyna all within about two months.

Top Bottom