• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Friend Bootaaay, or anyone else who would like to answer, how many stars would you give the Bonesaw/Human Spider match? I'd personally only give it 3 due to time, but I'm curious as to how the thread feels.

Can't abide the Spider going in to business for himself. Match had no build, and not even TNA has a three minute cage match. The Spider's gear is below backyard indy tier. 1 star.

spidey_sm07.jpg

Half a star for the women who accompanied Bonesaw to the ring and for how Bonesaw worked the crowd.

Kaiterra

Banned
Fantasy Booking: Neville will have Barrett ready for a pin, but Stardust will knock out the ref, and when Amell goes in to take care of Stardust, woosh, in a FLASH, Grant Gustin is in the ring in a referee shirt and lays down a lightning quick 3-count as Stardust rolls up Amell.

TheBear

Just got around to watching the first ep of Tough enough. It was exceedingly shit. Does it redeem itself at any point?

Also, what's Owens status atm? (I haven't watched for a while) Is he still a credible heel or have they given up and turned him into a fat jobber?

klonere

Banned
Creative has nothing for anyone. People are just told to go out and do things this week with no build.

Your only hope is to pull a New Day and pray the crowd gives you something to work off of.

I still cannot believe VKM thought original face New Day were going to work and be over....

Just got around to watching the first ep of Tough enough. It was exceedingly shit. Does it redeem itself at any point?

Also, what's Owens status atm? (I haven't watched for a while) Is he still a credible heel or have they given up and turned him into a fat jobber?

I haven't seen an episode but everything I've heard ranks it the worst season of the show yet.

Owens is going to be a fat jobber, no doubt about it.

Really fun G1 show today, lots of hilarious fanboy reactions as their favourites are kept out of contention -
Ibushi lost to Yano, Shibata lost to Tenzan, Naito lost to Gallows
. All three matches were great. Also,
Tanahashi beasting and is well on his way to the finals
an AJ/Fale was a ton of fun. Great show friends, really looking forward to tomorrow's as well. Some great looking block b matches.

klonere

Banned
Rollins really struck me as HHH jr when he started with that dumbass Cena on the bigscreen thing.

You're better than that dude ;(

Browny

Banned
Things I loved about WCW:

When the Blue Bloods were introduced for matches, they had their weights in stone and pounds. It's the little things that count. Like when D'Lo as European champ being billed from a different country each time.

Sephzilla

Ok, I actually liked the Amell/HHH backstage segment. Amell held his own and didn't feel out of place. The guy who felt out of place was Neville, because the story was entirely Stardust vs Green Arrow and Neville looking a solid foot shorter than the other two guys was hilarious

Fox318

Ok, I actually liked the Amell/HHH backstage segment. Amell held his own and didn't feel out of place. The guy who felt out of place was Neville, because the story was entirely Stardust vs Green Arrow and Neville looking a solid foot shorter than the other two guys was hilarious
Why didn't they put him on a box?

Did hhh have to look bigger

kiguel182

I was entertained by Raw for most of it so I consider it a success I guess.

Only the main-event and the IC stuff made me tune out. Real shame they had Bryan there just to promote a triple threat nobody really gives two fucks about.

Also, Owens is looking more and more like a chump. It was expected but damn, really hard to see his fall since beating Cena clean just a few months ago.

Apart from that I liked the show. Cesaro is looking great, the women's segment was cool (even if Becky and Charlotte totally bombed on commentary) and the Neville/Stardust stuff was better than expected. It was also one of the rarest times Neville spoke on TV which is a shame.

kiguel182

Also, this is the sixth SummerSlam in the row that Cena is either in a match for the WWE Championship or in the main-event (when he beat Team Barret).

Then people are surprised that people are sick of Cena. This isn't even counting every Summerslam he has been. Just in a row ones.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
lol @ Orton cracking fat jokes at Owens. I hope this catches on.

I would hazard to guess that if WWE is doing it now, and it's official, we should be absolved...

Embrace the Burger

I believe Sunny warned me about RPO, but I'm half-way through...

Fuck this author, really.

Yeah, it sucks. I don't think it was me that warned you, but I'll warn you now that you're too late, hah

Haven't been in the thread that much, so KO isn't cool no more?

We were told not to address his defining trait. No talk about his indie work.

klonere

Banned

It looked like WWE might really be behind him with giving him the win over Cena immediately, lots of talking spots on Raw, powerbombing a celeb alas, Cena got his 2 wins back with a tap out and Owens is in an awkward spot where he's going to hit another loss to Balor at NXT and have nothing for Summerslam.

He's going to be one of those unconvincing midcard heels, like everyone is.

Sephzilla

His genuinely entertaining feud devolving into another CenaWinsLOL story ended up killing his momentum in the eyes of a lot of us. There was really no reason for him to not win the US Belt from Cena, especially when he was going to drop the NXT Title to Balor and Cena is fighting for the World Title.

rrc1594

It looked like WWE might really be behind him with giving him the win over Cena immediately, lots of talking spots on Raw, powerbombing a celeb alas, Cena got his 2 wins back with a tap out and Owens is in an awkward spot where he's going to hit another loss to Balor at NXT and have nothing for Summerslam.

Nooo. This is why I haven't been watching WWE. Maybe they have in Limbo till Sami comes back right right?

Fucking lol at Rusev's dumb ass flag, and Summer continuing the running gag of Divas using the moves of their significant other

Rusev abandoning Russia cause he broke up with Lana is also hilarity. He's still a fucking US hater, he just switched to goddamn Bulgaria again!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

It was too much too soon without giving him character development, nothing meaningful at least. I know I had issues with "well, what happens after Cena?" because his ENTIRE existence was predicated on having an issue with Cena. Sure, they could have put Owens over at the end of it and had someone else move on, or stretched it out with Cena, but there's still basically no reason for him to be there right now. No good one at least. Are we supposed to believe Owens just takes his lumps and moves on? It felt, to me, like a vendetta that never had the chance to fully play out. And don't get me started on the Owens/Cena matches. Blew their load all at once. Now Owens has nothing.

DMczaf

Meltzer Factz: Miss Elizabeth was working at a department store when WCW brought her back to wrestling.

DMczaf Factz: Miss Elizabeth would still be alive if WCW did not bring her back to wrestling.

klonere

Banned
Nooo. This is why I haven't been watching WWE. Maybe they have in Limbo till Sami comes back right right?

They are half doing a Cesaro/Owens program right now but since Owens isn't going to be at Summerslam they haven't fully committed to it yet. The talk is that HHH is getting a lot of pushback with Owens backstage so who knows where he ends up.

As for Sami I have zero faith in them to give Owens/Zayn the gravitas and space it needs on the main roster. It'll be fucking awful more than likely, if it even ever happens.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fucking lol at Rusev's dumb ass flag, and Summer continuing the running gag of Divas using the moves of their significant other

Rusev abandoning Russia cause he broke up with Lana is also hilarity. He's still a fucking US hater, he just switched to goddamn Bulgaria again!

The entire Rusev storyline is funny because it's so ridiculous. The fact that Ziggler has been around for practically none of his feud makes it even weirder.

Aiii

So not worth it
You know, sometimes I wish I was a wrestler just so that when you have some annoyance with backstage politics you can at least go out and work a stiff match to vent your frustrations.

So much bs at work today it makes me want to punch a wall.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Meltzer claims that Owens is the subject of backstage politicking between differing opinions about his viability as a draw.

Eh, they're just trying to make the fans feel like they're a part of the show. Everyone is eating the same shit pudding from WWE no matter whether you endorse that flavor or not, you're still eating their shit.

Sephzilla

I do totally believe there's a backstage power war going on between Dunn and HHH/Steph, though. Dunn probably knows his job is toast the moment Vince steps down.

Fox318

Meltzer Factz: Miss Elizabeth was working at a department store when WCW brought her back to wrestling.

DMczaf Factz: Miss Elizabeth would still be alive if WCW did not bring her back to wrestling.
I feel like very few people are better off because of wrestling.

Sephzilla

They should retire MITB.

Agreed. It was only good during the brand split era because you'd always have one other world title that you could hot shot and get some buzz going. Now that there's only one World Title you can't really use MITB without fucking up a story or someone's momentum. On top of that MITB cash-ins have become way too predictable.

Xater

I thought I'd watch the last two RAWs before Summerslam, but boy what a shit show. At least I enjoy Stephen Amell kikcing Stardust's ass.

Top Bottom