• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
eIXpZAi.gif

So I was listening to the Vampiro interview on the Steve Austin show, and Vampiro mentioned how he felt he had to step in after feeling Pentagon Jr. was playing heel the "wrong way." And it got me thinking about one of the major issues I have with WWE booking in general, and that's the handling of characters.

Jim Ross brought it up during his Battleground review, which is that heels do not act like heels. Everyone is just so wrapped up in putting on a Meltzer approved five star match that no one seems to care about their characters. Doesn't matter that Rollins is a cowardly chickenshit heel, he's still going to do high risk daredevil maneuvers to please the crowd. Neither Sheamus or Wyatt don't do anything heelish at all in his matches. Owens has his suicide dive move, and still puts on his finisher spam matches where he plays exactly by the rules. Everyone has to have their WWE video game signature move to pop the crowd. If Reigns turned heel, I guarantee you he would still have his superman punch and corner dropkick.

And the reason this comes back to bite them is because nobody gets over. It encourages this feeling in the crowd where nobody has any strong feelings about anybody, because no one truly goes over anybody else.

dream

If WWE’s objective is to turn one of these women into its answer to Ronda Rousey, it’s only been able to produce a trio of Miesha Tates.

If WWE’s objective is to turn one of these women into its answer to Ronda Rousey, it’s only been able to produce a trio of Miesha Tates.

heymangenesiskisq8.gif

"PJ Black's winning the KOTM title in his TNA debut, made him more of a star than his entire WWE career"

67bSQkk.gif

If a tree falls in the woods and there's no one around to hear it...

*edit, same dude, holy shit. An actual person wrote this without any hint of irony;

"Bobby Lashley >>> Brock Lesnar"

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Have you watched and enjoyed any La Parka matches? Wondering how you feel about him considering your talk about LA Park

Also Bootaaay I need links

He's terrible. He's the absolute worst. He feels like a caricature of WCW La Parka who's just living off the accomplishments of someone else.

Park >>>> Negra >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Parka

tm24

He's terrible. He's the absolute worst. He feels like a caricature of WCW La Parka who's just living off the accomplishments of someone else.

Park >>>> Negra >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Parka
La Parkas legacy will end up being the guy who gave us Pentagon Jr funnily enough

Anth0ny

Die no. But you might pull, strain, tear, break something.

I just want to be able to do handstand pushups

that seems so cool

I wouldn't be caught dead doing this shit though:

314x314px-ll-375a6e39xbp04.gif

I think I'll just replace those with normal person pull ups

anything that looks really dumb or is just a normal exercise with weird terrible crossfit form I'm just replacing with a normal exercise

overall that seth rollins workout seems pretty legit, though. only a couple of those weird, shitty exercises that look like I'm going to pull a sid vicious if I do it the wrong way

klonere

Banned
So I was listening to the Vampiro interview on the Steve Austin show, and Vampiro mentioned how he felt he had to step in after feeling Pentagon Jr. was playing heel the "wrong way." And it got me thinking about one of the major issues I have with WWE booking in general, and that's the handling of characters.

Jim Ross brought it up during his Battleground review, which is that heels do not act like heels. Everyone is just so wrapped up in putting on a Meltzer approved five star match that no one seems to care about their characters. Doesn't matter that Rollins is a cowardly chickenshit heel, he's still going to do high risk daredevil maneuvers to please the crowd. Neither Sheamus or Wyatt don't do anything heelish at all in his matches. Owens has his suicide dive move, and still puts on his finisher spam matches where he plays exactly by the rules. Everyone has to have their WWE video game signature move to pop the crowd. If Reigns turned heel, I guarantee you he would still have his superman punch and corner dropkick.

And the reason this comes back to bite them is because nobody gets over. It encourages this feeling in the crowd where nobody has any strong feelings about anybody, because no one truly goes over anybody else.

Ironically enough the most heel thing that anyone has done in the WWE recently was Rollins shoot breaking Cena's nose, having actual consequences with Cena not being on TV for two whole weeks. Something they'd never ever consider doing in the normal course of a Cena feud I'm sure.

The last thing that I remember being particularly evil was Rollins (again) nearly killing Edge after Survivor Series. Sadly that was all in service of getting the fucking Authority back in the picture.

Catching up on NXT, when did Charlotte start goring people? It looks great.

In house move news, I had to throw out a Hybrid Dolphins shirt :(

Most heelish thing Rusev has done is pick evil ryu.

jmdajr

Chyn said she was gonna become World Champion but Vince decided against it since she wanted to do Playboy.

More Carny then Hogan.

Top Bottom