• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

s9pPJhe.gif

Going back to Taker/Brock, i can see Taker going heel. Match could end in a disqualification perhaps with Brock taking both a dirty beating and the win? This could make since if the narrative/storyline theyre going with Brock is that he was screwed back in wrestlemania and this is just another battle in his journey to seek redemption.

A clean win by Taker takes away from Brock and on the otherhand, a clean win for Brock can continue the trend of building him up as a beast.

I dont know. conventional wwe writing is that if neither obvious outcome makes sense, count on an unexpected ending. Perhaps yet another third party

And it'll set up Cena Vs. Heel Taker where Cena will overcome him and retire Taker, while also bringing him back over to the good side. Thank you Cena

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Gargano and Ciampa just showed up at NXT.

EDIT: And by "just" I mean an hour ago, evidently. Friend's at the show and posted a pic on FB but I didn't see it until just now.

Still, holy shit, Ciampa.

Vylash

These are tapings that are going to air AFTER the live special, so in all likelihood,
Owens is taking the title at the special, albeit perhaps with shenanigans

Honestly, Owens should stay down on NXT. He's just NOT right for the main roster. On NXT, he's big enough that his crummy look can be comparatively intimidating, but he looked like a fan who had jumped the rails next to guys like Cesaro, Rusev, Orton, and Cena. Not to mention he wrestled like a smarky move-spamming dickhead, whereas on NXT he wrestles with a little more meanness and focuses more on the story. On the main roster, he's destined to become Wade Barrett Pt. 2, whereas on NXT, he'll be a big dog in the yard.

Honestly, WWE need to get rid of the mentality that NXT is a developmental if they want it to be a reliable touring brand. A good-looking, fit guy like Finn could do well on the main roster, if he proves to have that Jeff Hardy "cool" appeal, but guys like Owens and Neville are indie through and through and belong on a show that plays to those strengths, rather than spinning their wheels endlessly on a main roster where they just look like faces in a crowd. NXT should be a big selling point for the network, not another good thing to suck dry.

when did they start doing tapings before the specials? i thought they always did them after

Reigns will fight Cena and take his belt at Mania

You people being fake pessimistic with your alternate realities. You'll wish for stuff as good as what you're talking about by the time Vince and Dunn are done

Shiv47

Going back to Taker/Brock, i can see Taker going heel. Match could end in a disqualification perhaps with Brock taking both a dirty beating and the win? This could make since if the narrative/storyline theyre going with Brock is that he was screwed back in wrestlemania and this is just another battle in his journey to seek redemption.

A clean win by Taker takes away from Brock and on the otherhand, a clean win for Brock can continue the trend of building him up as a beast.

I dont know. conventional wwe writing is that if neither obvious outcome makes sense, count on an unexpected ending. Perhaps yet another third party

Have Stang show up when Taker tries to win via some dirty means and start in motion their match at Mania. In reality, I have no doubts Taker will go over Brock at SS because of Vince Reasons, but it's totally ludicrous without some kind of cheating, because Taker looks broken and old as shit, and Brock is, well, Brock.

I really like Bayley. Do you all hate her?

She looks like she'd drive a school bus or serve lunch, but she's cute in a "I'll settle for her since I couldn't get a girl like Sasha" kinda way.

Also, her gimmick is pretty dumb, but fun, so I think she'll be fine on the main roster, especially when she'll be a comedy character hugging male heels at awkward moments during backstage segments.

I have to admit it, I was wrong about Elgin in NJPW, hes style works so much better there than in ROH. Is the first time I actually enjoyed hes work. Shame he has a contract with ROH, he could keep improving in NJPW and become something else. It is going to suck when he has to go back to small and shitty crowds in ROH.

dream

NXT Kidz was good entertainment. Wrestling is much more enjoyable when they embrace, rather than deny, the fact that it's for children or people with the equivalent education level.

I just had an idea of some wrestler having a manager that was a 12-year-old kid, and nobody ever mentioning that fact.

WWE, when Itami fails, you give him that goddamn gimmick to get him over as a comedy jobber.

Top Bottom