• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| The Sunday of Summer

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dream, I want to float you a theory because I think you're of sound enough mind to believe it and it'll absolve me of guilt of you purchasing Triplemania. It will also absolve Del Rio of taking some terminal kids money for a show so he could do coke instead.

Rey Mysterio shamefully donning his mask and returning to Mexico and AAA in particular has cursed the company. Despite losing his mask to the biggest name in wrestling in 1999 in a completely fair and on the level fight, he still felt enough shame in his face to go to WWE with his mask on. The ripples weren't fully felt until he returned to AAA. Think about all the bad luck AAA has had this past year. Who is always at the center of it?
mysterio_aug00.JPG

dream

I mean, he killed a man with the 619 in his first match back. That seems to be incontrovertible proof that your theory has something to it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I tuned into TNA for but a moment while going through the channels to see EC3 cutting a promo where he says 'It's a new game and I just activated god mode'

This is the new top level heel guy that people on the internet are talking about?

I tuned into TNA for but a moment while going through the channels to see EC3 cutting a promo where he says 'It's a new game and I just activated god mode'

This is the new top level heel guy that people on the internet are talking about?

Best part is at TNA's last PPV he's going to lose the belt and pass the torch
to Drew McIntyre

Aiii

So not worth it
NXT Kids was good.

Also, nice save from Kalisto after that rope slip, not the first time that happened.

One of the kids on commentary watches too much UFC with dad, judging by his "it's all over" at the end of the match.

Valravn

Mike Goldberg should sue this kid!

Also, NXT has confusing booking.
NXT spoilers for upcoming tapings!

Owens regains the championship, but he will appear with the championship before he actually won it.
Also lol at august 26 taping. Ascension returns to NXT, they win, match got restarted and then they LOSE. If that isnt a burial i dont know...

Undertaker should always lose against Lesnar.

He always has so far, right?

I mean the booking of him winning this one does make sense, if you're looking at things from a 'this old guy who can't put on a good match anymore is more important than the biggest thing the company has going by far and so we should flat out ruin lesnar who already has had his Aura stretched thin by getting his matches stolen from him since the royal rumble.'

I just want Brock to win this pointless feud, get the title back, go on a reign of terror and then lose it to someone who can launch themselves into the top of the wwe universe on the back of the win.

If Brock loses to Undertaker, he just isn't quite gonna be Brock anymore.

Aiii

So not worth it
Brock will always be Brock, he doesn't need this win.

Undertaker however needs the win to get his momentum back.

Fox318

Taker doesn't need his win back

What's done is done

Bork is a monster and should stay that way until he faces somebody like Cesaro or Orton.

How do people not know how storytelling goes? I'll put my neck out here.

Lesnar kills Undertaker like SS last year and then Taker wins and retires at Mania. Passes the torch to Lesnar and wee!

Also if
Owens goes down to the fucking NXT roster again and stops appearing on RAW/SD! I'll be mad because he's arguably been the best thing about the damn shows with Cesaro and Rollins. Damn. Total bullshit.

Aiii

So not worth it

Lesnar kills Undertaker like SS last year and then Taker wins and retires at Mania. Passes the torch to Lesnar and wee!

Also if
Owens goes down to the fucking NXT roster again and stops appearing on RAW/SD! I'll be mad because he's arguably been the best thing about the damn shows with Cesaro and Rollins. Damn. Total bullshit.

Nobody's going down. NXT needs talent to stick around after being called up, because they're low on main event talent, esp. with Itami and Zayn benched.

Nobody's going down. NXT needs talent to stick around after being called up, because they're low on main event talent, esp. with Itami and Zayn benched.

Yeah, you're right. It's just hard to see KO work so hard for nothing.

Also who do you guys think will be the next NXT Champion who isn't an "Indy darling"? I was thinking the other day and there's so much talent in NXT which was Indy based...it's hard to see a non Indy guy winning it any time soon.

Also if
But he's fat! Lololol
Now that I got the stupid joke out of the way I agree, I'm still looking forward to the ladder match next week. Should be ridiculous.

But he's fat! Lololol
Now that I got the stupid joke out of the way I agree, I'm still looking forward to the ladder match next week. Should be ridiculous.

Oh yeah, it'd gonna slay. It's pissing me off all this fat stuff. It's laughably pathetic. Neither of the Uso's are ripped to shreds and yet they're the best team in the company. Ridiculous.

Yeah, you're right. It's just hard to see KO work so hard for nothing.

Also who do you guys think will be the next NXT Champion who isn't an "Indy darling"? I was thinking the other day and there's so much talent in NXT which was Indy based...it's hard to see a non Indy guy winning it any time soon.

Colin Cassady maybe. Dude has come along really well and is incredibly entertaining. Even Enzo is good in the ring now.

Aiii

So not worth it
Every Uso match is exactly the same, see one and you have seen them all.

There's only so much of the same over the top rope flip dive you can see before you get tired of them.

The exact amount is: once.

Recall

WWE wrestlers at the moment (since 2006) seem to be pretending to be "Superstars" rather than doing their best to keep the stories alive and at the forefront.

On TV Seth Rollins is a pussy. On social media he is a cross fit fanatic. Seth Rollins isn't his real name, so which persona am I supposed to care about? Is Colby Lopez's twitter feed somewhere?

Rusev does a great job of blurring the lines a little. Yes kayfabe is dead but the WWE doesn't know if it wants to accept that or hide from it.

He always has so far, right?

I mean the booking of him winning this one does make sense, if you're looking at things from a 'this old guy who can't put on a good match anymore is more important than the biggest thing the company has going by far and so we should flat out ruin lesnar who already has had his Aura stretched thin by getting his matches stolen from him since the royal rumble.'

I just want Brock to win this pointless feud, get the title back, go on a reign of terror and then lose it to someone who can launch themselves into the top of the wwe universe on the back of the win.

If Brock loses to Undertaker, he just isn't quite gonna be Brock anymore.

Like Roman Reigns for real this time.

KingBroly

Banned
I'm ready for Bayley's title run, long overdue.

I don't think it's overdue. I think Bayley is the one woman they're protecting the most because of her age as well as who she taps into audience wise. Winning the title in Brooklyn is going to be HUGE for her.

Aiii

So not worth it
I don't think it's overdue. I think Bayley is the one woman they're protecting the most because of her age as well as who she taps into audience wise. Winning the title in Brooklyn is going to be HUGE for her.

She's much older than Paige and 3 years older than Sasha Banks, I'm not sure what the problem with her age is.

Why does everyone have to be a world champ? A character trait of the chaser is totally fine.

Fans don't see their favourites as having succeeded unless they get a good run at the very top. This is entirely because of WWE's neglect of the undercard belts, which mean absolutely nothing these days. People can't be satisfied by an IC title reign because the IC title's booked like an accessory, an afterthought. It's all so meaningless.

Aiii

So not worth it
As Bootaaay says.

Also, there's nobody arguing for a Kalisto world title run or anything, so not "everyone has to be world champ"

Oersted

Fans don't see their favourites as having succeeded unless they get a good run at the very top. This is entirely because of WWE's neglect of the undercard belts, which mean absolutely nothing these days. People can't be satisfied by an IC title reign because the IC title's booked like an accessory, an afterthought. It's all so meaningless.

Its not just the titleholders. The Divas fractions are random and pointless. There is no feud within the tagteams. Noone even knows what Orton and Sheamus are feuding over. The Wyatt/Reigns feud started great with Bray showing the picture and now its just a bunch of random happenings with no heat. Like pretty much everything.

Oh yeah, and then there is Big Show.

Fox318

Every Uso match is exactly the same, see one and you have seen them all.

There's only so much of the same over the top rope flip dive you can see before you get tired of them.

The exact amount is: once.

WHEN I SAY U YOU SAY OH

U

tumblr_nswehz9Qz51srbyoyo1_400.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Uce is also the worst part of Total Divas.

Speaking of, last season they removed Naomi from the cast, for whatever reason. And now she was silently put back into it, so weird.

Top Bottom